Nov 03 2011
By: QuiZz2009 First Son 1 posts

Cutscenes and Audio Problems

11 replies 3175 views Edited Nov 3, 2011

This sucks i have been waiting on U3 since U2, i get it on day 1 and begin playing it and every cutscene skips and audio messes up, audio also messes up during gameplay "audio stops for a short amount of time" i thought it might of been my ps3 but all other games worked good, but still tried and restored it to factory settings and lost everything "my choice" but still same problem. i was on chapter 10 but it does not bother me to have to start over, i just want it to play right and be able to enjoy it.

I have looked for solutions here but found nothing, i have seen lots of other people with the same problems as me but no anwser from ND, i gladly paid $60 for the game but would like to enjoy it and play it like it is suppose to be played.

And we atleast deserve some anwsers and help with this problem from ND!

I have a 160GB ps3 console and got it november of 2009.

Message 1 of 12 (3,175 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

i have same problem in campaign and multiplayer

Nov 3, 2011
i have same problem in campaign and multiplayer
Message 2 of 12 (3,175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Count me in as well. This is garbage... I'd bet anything...

Nov 3, 2011

Count me in as well. This is garbage... I'd bet anything there will be a MAJOR update for this title either from ND or Sony very soon because about 9 out of 10 ppl are expierencing these issues WORLDWIDE. And Uncharted 3 is the only game with this issue. It is NOT your console at fault, so do NOT restore your console to factory settings and lose everything that is completley pointless. All we can do is put it on the shelf and wait to play it. Rediculious I know, but it is what it is. ND obviously didn't test this thing before putting it out.

Message 3 of 12 (3,175 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

^^^^^^^ really !! nice the update is Special for this pro...

Nov 3, 2011
^^^^^^^
really !! nice the update is Special for this problem ??
Message 4 of 12 (3,175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

having the same problem

Nov 4, 2011

having the same problem

Message 5 of 12 (3,175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Same here. Game is unplayable because cutscenes are unwat...

Nov 8, 2011

Same here. Game is unplayable because cutscenes are unwatchable so the story is unfollowable. Very disappointed.

Message 6 of 12 (3,175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

hey at least you can still play, my game freezes in the c...

Nov 8, 2011
hey at least you can still play, my game freezes in the chapter 3 cut scene and is unplayable
Message 7 of 12 (3,175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

I am also experiencing these issues. The biggest problem...

Nov 8, 2011

I am also experiencing these issues. The biggest problem for me is the cutscene framerate will slow down to a crawl, almost as if they are in slow motion, and then pick back up again a few seconds later. Also the audio will constantly cut out for a short time. It's really disappointing because Naughty Dog custom tailored this amazing experience, but these small bugs break the magic. "Oh my god this is amaz..... and now I can't hear anything", pretty much sums it up.

Message 8 of 12 (3,175 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
927 posts

This is not NaughtyDog exclusive, this issues about audio...

Nov 8, 2011

This is not NaughtyDog exclusive, this issues about audio out of sync and freezing is related with overheating.

- But I play with fine with other games, etc, etc....

Other games are other games, this one is a NaughtyDog game, since the previous Uncharted 2, NaughtyDog is known to push the hardware limits, that amazing graphics doesn't come out for free. If your PS3 are in good condition it will not overheat and cause you any trouble like mine, it's in a well ventilated area and away from the wall.

This problems also happens with other games like Assassin's Creed II, Fight Night Chapion, etc.

Message 9 of 12 (3,175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Audio and cutscenes messed up.

Nov 8, 2011

Same problem here. Game is unplayable because audio keep stuttering and the graphics during cutscenes is totally messed up. Im on my second retail copy of the game cause i first thought it was a disc problem. I then thought it was my ps3 or hdd but all my other games run fine.

Im really hoping for a fix for this asap cause i love the small part of the game i actually managed to play.

Message 10 of 12 (3,175 Views)
0 Likes