Keyblade Wielder
6884 posts

Re: Crushing Health to be Standard Health v2

Dec 23, 2012

Well me personally, I'd say forget about it. I'm sure ND wants to do whats best for their players, but they gotta draw a line to some point and just say no, I mean every single thing put in here through the lab has been reccomended a game mode or playlist with the mesh maps. As well as everything taken out or altered.

There is no pleasing everyone at this point as ND gave the players a taste of every possible thing pretty much; and now some portion of the playerbase wants a certain thing in the game in a certain way. I say add nothing new whatsoever and work on what you got and improve it...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 51 of 60 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 23, 2012
That sucks. So it's supposed to be fun only or some uncharted players?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 52 of 60 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

Isn't it going a little overboard have 4 different TDM modes? You will have TDM, classic, hardcore, and crushing; all of which are literally the same mode with different health and weapon availability.

yes kinda.   

what they should do is make one game mode out of standard TDM and hardcore.

- it should basically be = hardcore mode with standard TDM weapon damage (but keep melee a 3 hit kill), boosters yes, weapon mods no. i.e. its standard TDM without all the crap (no powerplays or kickbacks).

Message 53 of 60 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6884 posts

Dec 23, 2012

This game will never cater to every single person's needs, the same can be said about any other game, or even any other product out there.

not everyone likes/hates hardcore

not everyone likes/hates crushing

not everyone liked the Fal/G-mal after nerf

not everyone liked the Fal/G-mal before nerf

Not everyone likes/hates the blindfire

not everyone likes/hates the M9 + mods

etc.

etc.

In other words, I think the game should stay as it is now and use the lab for what it's meant for, experimental game modes, to give everyone a taste of these bizarre modes. People want a new mode or the tweek a weapon/game-mechanic every other week? Good, but if all these demands were met, we would have 20+ game modes and the guns will be altered every other day.

New game modes are fine, but remember that this game is 1+ year old and ND has another game coming out soon. I say if they really want to implement all these ideas players have then they will probably wait until UC4 if it exists.

ND shouldn't be focusing on implementing 3 different kinds of health and should instead just work on all the bugs that plague every comp and co-op mode alike.

Message 54 of 60 (241 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Dec 23, 2012

dadno1001 wrote:

GamerAlexz wrote:
I would like to point out that I got a rampant on the crushing tdm lab. Smiley Happy
It's not showing off if you can back it up.

I got a fury in Hardcore. Give all modes Hardcore health ND!!!!!111!!1one!1

I also got a rampant in the normal health. Crushing health is just better for me. 

0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 24, 2012
@sand you could have brought that up BEFORE HC got removed. Having this change drastically and THEN asking to keep it like it is kinda completely screwing over the guys who liked how Uncharted was originally.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 56 of 60 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6884 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Well I couldn't predict that ND was going to completely delete a mode for a new one. I personally think HC mode should have stayed and the only tweak it needed was a boost in treasure appearance.

Hell I honestly wouldn't mind if it were possible for them to smoothly integrate all these things so everyone gets what they want, but the problem with that is we already have quite a few modes that being 12, along with custom games going on as well. This playerbase isn't 10s of millions of people big and even now you can see that it's dwindling as it takes time to find games in certain modes and even then the rooms are often not even full. I say instead of adding modes and different ways to play the modes, leave them all as is, and improve what we have now and fix the bugs, as I said already.

As for meshing all the competitive into one mode to consolidate that problem, doesn't seem that good.

Message 57 of 60 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Well whatever, but my thoughts on improvements are aesthetics > everything else.

They screwed up 15 patches in a row. Most likely they can't screw up colors.
Message 58 of 60 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6884 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I can see how.

the color red $.99

the color blue $.99

the color pink $.99

SPECIAL! 10 colors for only $6.99