Wastelander
684 posts

Re: Cover System [4+ Kudos!!!]

Sep 8, 2012

lab_meister wrote:

The cover system needs a buff.  Cover is more of a disadvantage than an advantage.  With the cover-breaking system, the speed at which you take cover, and the general mobility while in cover, it is very useless.  

Most of us have experienced a situation where someone will be shooting at us, we take cover and die after getting into cover.  This is most likely do to lag, but I have a few suggestions to solve this problem.  First the speed at which you go into cover is quite slow.  Monkey Man increases this speed for some reason, but I think the general cover-taking speed should be increased by 5-15%.  Along with this maybe the regeneration speed while in cover should be increased.  A very, very, slight increase, though.  Maybe about a fourth of the speed of regeneration bronze.

Another problem is how slow you move while you're actually in cover.  Cover makes you a sitting duck while aiming.  Most people in end up strafing a few feet behind cover rather than in it.  A 10-20% increase in strafing speed while in cover wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Omg i'm your 5th kudo!!!! xD

See you in Uncharted 4!
Message 11 of 17 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Zataoa wrote:

lab_meister wrote:

The cover system needs a buff.  Cover is more of a disadvantage than an advantage.  With the cover-breaking system, the speed at which you take cover, and the general mobility while in cover, it is very useless.  

Most of us have experienced a situation where someone will be shooting at us, we take cover and die after getting into cover.  This is most likely do to lag, but I have a few suggestions to solve this problem.  First the speed at which you go into cover is quite slow.  Monkey Man increases this speed for some reason, but I think the general cover-taking speed should be increased by 5-15%.  Along with this maybe the regeneration speed while in cover should be increased.  A very, very, slight increase, though.  Maybe about a fourth of the speed of regeneration bronze.

Another problem is how slow you move while you're actually in cover.  Cover makes you a sitting duck while aiming.  Most people in end up strafing a few feet behind cover rather than in it.  A 10-20% increase in strafing speed while in cover wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Omg i'm your 5th kudo!!!! xD

What a milestone, I better add the words official thread to the OPSmiley Wink

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 12 of 17 (193 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 13 of 17 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Sep 9, 2012

I agree the cover system does need a buff :/ a lot of times I cover and as you said I die faster than I would just stand out in the open. Most the time I only use cover when crouching or hiding kind of with cloaked on. Otherwise it's not very useful sometimes when I click circle to roll(it also being incredibly slow i will take cover and on occassion it will save my life, but mostly because our character moves in a different motion than normally so the people probably didn't expect :/ 

Message 14 of 17 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Sep 9, 2012

lab_meister, I think you may need to add [Original] to the thread title. Smiley Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 15 of 17 (150 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Sep 9, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

lab_meister, I think you may need to add [Original] to the thread title. Smiley Wink

Sorry I'm not capable, mentally, of understanding sarcasm.  My brain is the size of a peanut and I'm unable to understand a joke. I am now making a comment addressing your post as if it was serious.

My Youtube Channel
Message 16 of 17 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Sep 9, 2012
hey **bleep**, update the kudos in the title. you have 14 now **bleep**
The name's Boogaloo. Electric Boogaloo.
Photobucket
I wish I could give you herpes.
Message 17 of 17 (137 Views)
0 Likes