Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Confirmed: Block Mesh, Classic Mode=TDM

Sep 26, 2012

TDM is easily the most played game mode, so I think I see why NaughtyDog chose it for Mesh Map and Classic

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 55 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2121 posts

Sep 27, 2012

stentryk wrote:

TDM is easily the most played game mode, so I think I see why NaughtyDog chose it for Mesh Map and Classic

Yup, I definitely understand Classic being TDM. It is replacing Hardcore, afterall. Makes sense, and Im fine with that.

However, I am kinda sore about Mesh Maps being 100% TDM.

Mesh Maps are mearly LABS. Not all LABS are TDM. So why are all Mesh Maps TDM? I don't buy the idea that coding Idol spawns, chests, zones, and hills being the issue here. These maps are scheduled to be release months and months away, allowing adequate time to address such things.

I look forward to seeing the Mesh Maps; the opportunities are limitless.

Would love to see Block Mesh Plunder maps. They are LABS afterall. Couldn't hurt.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 55 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Sep 27, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

stentryk wrote:

Yup, I definitely understand Classic being TDM. It is replacing Hardcore, afterall. Makes sense, and Im fine with that.

However, I am kinda sore about Mesh Maps being 100% TDM.

Mesh Maps are mearly LABS. Not all LABS are TDM. So why are all Mesh Maps TDM? I don't buy the idea that coding Idol spawns, chests, zones, and hills being the issue here. These maps are scheduled to be release months and months away, allowing adequate time to address such things.

I look forward to seeing the Mesh Maps; the opportunities are limitless.

Would love to see Block Mesh Plunder maps. They are LABS afterall. Couldn't hurt.

True, true. Although TDM is the go-to of Uncharted 3, and that Classic mode is replacing Hardcore (TDM variant), labs shouldn't be just TDM, especially block mesh.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 55 (105 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7066 posts

Sep 27, 2012

will classic still have the hardcore treasures?!?!? itll be team deathmatch not hardcore anymore :smileysad:

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 55 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I can understand why the Block Mesh maps are going to be deathmatch-based due to the fact that it would require more work on ND's end to setup Plunder and OBJ variants for them.

However we are getting all the Block Mesh maps at some point for custom games, so it's possible they will add Plunder/OBJ mode functionality to them eventually. Who knows, maybe we'll get separate Block Mesh playlists in the future (or at least have them mixed in to some playlists), one can dream can't they?

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 55 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Sep 27, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

I can understand why the Block Mesh maps are going to be deathmatch-based due to the fact that it would require more work on ND's end to setup Plunder and OBJ variants for them.

However we are getting all the Block Mesh maps at some point for custom games, so it's possible they will add Plunder/OBJ mode functionality to them eventually. Who knows, maybe we'll get separate Block Mesh playlists in the future (or at least have them mixed in to some playlists), one can dream can't they?

triple lets 1 v 1

See you in Uncharted 4!
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 55 (95 Views)
Survivor
2121 posts

Sep 27, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

will classic still have the hardcore treasures?!?!? itll be team deathmatch not hardcore anymore :smileysad:

good question, didnt think of that. I would assume yes. and that will make a lot of people happy.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 55 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Sep 27, 2012
tripleWRECK, accept thë 1v1 with Zataoa, I wanna see the battle :smileyhappy:

Please!

SLB.png