Survivor
2013 posts

Re: Confirmed: Block Mesh, Classic Mode=TDM

Sep 25, 2012

Spaceass- wrote:

Here's something I didn't understand about Classic Mode. Someone said that they'll replace Hardcore with this gamemode, but Hardcore didn't have any kind of loadouts, but we still had different weapons. Are we now going to play with the same weapons, but with or without boosters? The last Uncharted had boosters, that's why I'm asking. 

My understanding is, with boosters

Its like the first Tbolt and pistole TDM Lab. You pick your loadout. Boosters, kickback, guns. Only, your guns dont matter, because the guns are predefined (in this case, AK and Para).

I hope Classic Mode is a No Kickback gamemode. that would only make sense, right?

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 55 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2013 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Zonnex wrote:

Classic Mode is going to be in TDM and they're still complaints. Typical of this place. Least some folks here expressed their gratefulness.

sigh. how do you know me or anyone else isnt grateful for classic mode? Im just cursed with being able to see the big picture, and bigger and better opportunities. it sucks.

--
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 55 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I'm not giving in, I will not bow, I will not break, I will continue to be ecstatically happy that we're getting Classic Mode

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 55 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

You guys have to understand that we get 17 maps for FREE.

Can you name me the last game that gives that in the last 3 years??  (in our "dlc-era")

You also have to understand that preparing/coding maps for Objectives and plunder is extra work.  They have to code the chests, the zones etc.

I appreciate those new free maps and I'll surely not complain at ND for giving those to us!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 55 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2585 posts

Sep 25, 2012

DaveedT13 wrote:

You guys have to understand that we get 17 maps for FREE.

Can you name me the last game that gives that in the last 3 years??  (in our "dlc-era")

You also have to understand that preparing/coding maps for Objectives and plunder is extra work.  They have to code the chests, the zones etc.

I appreciate those new free maps and I'll surely not complain at ND for giving those to us!  :smileyhappy:

The question is, how many of those maps will be good? 17 mesh maps can't all be winners.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 55 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2013 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Another person misunderstanding the topic.

I did you a service. You now know, beyond any doubt, what Classic Mode and the Block mesh maps are really about, because of this thread. So, you're welcome

And no, you dont get 17 maps, you get each of them for a week or 2. Then they are gone (although Id like to see them in Customs and TDM map rotation).

To me its just a missed opportunity for ND to only create TDM block mesh maps. Block Meshes are LABS. Not all LABS are TDM. So why are all Block meshes TDM? Hmm?

Maybe TO would be a pain to code (maybe, im not dev), but placing 2 Chests seems pretty simple.

I am happy Classic Mode is coming, Lord knows regular TDM sucks, bad.  I just wish I could play Classic Plunder...you could play that game mode in UC2, also, in case you forgot.

--
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 55 (202 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

@I-Like-Pie45:

Maybe but, it's still free.  :smileyhappy:

@gunnsandwiches42:

Sorry, you misunderstood me, my reply to this thread was not really aimed at you the OP, the thread has his utility.  I "feeled" the need to post my comment because of the people that are throwing "lazy dev!" at ND and comments similar to that that are sometimes less..."polite".

I'm just sayin that ND deserve more respect than what we can read often here on the boards.  A lot of people don't realise what actually goes into developing a game or even something that seems pretty simple when you play the game like a zone or spawns but that ask for hours when you code it.  And let be honest, gamin is a business.  People here expect a little too much for their 60$ (or 85$ if FHC included, and don't start me on people that says that ND is greedy because they have released hundred of $ of DLC, it's customisation, no one including ND expects a player to buy every customisation for every char and it's completely optional since it doesn't affect gameplay), not many devs will continue to work on a game for more than a full year after release with new free stuff being released like 18 months or so after release (I'm talking about future Mesh Maps).

Oh, and gunnsandwiches42 I understand that you are disapointed that classic plunder is not coming, I can fully understand that...because even if I play mainly TDM and TTDM I love classic mode (kids todays need so much useless artificial stuff into their games!) and I can feel the pain for the players that like others modes better.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 55 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3217 posts

Sep 26, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:
Question for you, tW:
Why do you like TDM in UC3? (in your response, please do not mention how TDM is the most popular mode in most shooters, a point I sadly admit to)
Because from my point of view, Uncharted TDM is a joke.  Terrible Lag, ridiculous kickbacks, colission issues and falling to your death for no reason...I could go on.  Point is, there are so many unfair ways to die, and TDM is about minimzing deaths. How can you even take TDM seriously? I feel bad for anyone who does in this game.  I much prefer OBJ gamemodes, because all my BS deaths don't really matter. Oh yeah, and not to mention TDM bores me to tears, but that's just me.
I get how TDM is popular with first person shooters. I just wonder when people will wake up and realize that OJB modes are where it's at in Uncharted.

Why do I like TDM? Because it rewards skill even despite the many imbalances UC3 has, plus I enjoy its simplicity. Lag and other issues are prevalent throughout the entire game and does not specifically affect TDM more than any of the other modes regardless of the fact that it's kill-based. 

I don't take TDM seriously, I also feel bad for anyone who does. There are too many variables. That said it's still the most fun more me to jump in and play either by myself or with friends.

Plunder and Objective modes are my personal favorite to be perfectly honest, but only in a competitive setting due to the aforementioned variables.

The majority of "BS" you mentioned is due to UC3's lack of core balancing (Kickbacks, PowerPlays, Paid Boosters, etc.). Since the 'Classic' modifier will be disabling with all of that and more, Classic TDM will likely be the pinnacle of UC3 gameplay. Would I be happy to see some additional Classic-based playlists? Absolutely, but not in the place of a TDM variant.

Of course I enjoy TDM as a mode by itself so admittedly my opinion regarding this subject are somewhat biased, the truth is I'll be quite happy to play any kind of Classic-based playlist.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 55 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Zonnex wrote:

Classic Mode is going to be in TDM and they're still complaints. Typical of this place. Least some folks here expressed their gratefulness.

sigh. how do you know me or anyone else isnt grateful for classic mode? Im just cursed with being able to see the big picture, and bigger and better opportunities. it sucks.

Sigh nothing. Re-read your previous and later post before complaining about what I said. Also, I clearly said "Least some folks here expressed their gratefulness." If you were quick to post my comment, then yeah it shows that you're not grateful at the least bit by saying "der how do you know me or anyone else isnt grateful for classic mode?". I. Said. Clear. As. Day!!!! At Least Some Folks Are Grateful. If you are grateful, then you wouldn't say that at all.  Instead, your post makes it sound spoiled and demanding more and more and more, considering the fact that U3 multi has soooooo many to offer than U2. None of that cursed nonsense. 

0 Likes
Survivor
2013 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Zonnex wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Zonnex wrote:

Sigh nothing. Re-read your previous and later post before complaining about what I said. Also, I clearly said "Least some folks here expressed their gratefulness." If you were quick to post my comment, then yeah it shows that you're not grateful at the least bit by saying "der how do you know me or anyone else isnt grateful for classic mode?". I. Said. Clear. As. Day!!!! At Least Some Folks Are Grateful. If you are grateful, then you wouldn't say that at all.  Instead, your post makes it sound spoiled and demanding more and more and more, considering the fact that U3 multi has soooooo many to offer than U2. None of that cursed nonsense. 

this thread has nothing to do with being grateful, or ungrateful.

Its only purpose is to confirm exactly what these modes are. many people, across many threads, either had hopes for something different, or were uncertain of what was gonna happen.

Now we know, thanks to Eric's PM to me.

I considered your post inappropriate for this thread. It was off topic and not constructive to this discussion.  I for one am disappointed--not complaining.

"At least some folks expressed their gratefulness."

At least some folks (me) expressed what exactly Classic Mode and Block mesh maps are. You're welcome

--
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 55 (115 Views)