Aug 23 2012
By: jjjkur Survivor 2178 posts
Accepted Solution

Concerning the 3rd Booster

18 replies 605 views Edited Aug 23, 2012
Please ND, let us use it with variants of that skin. If you didn't know, you can obtain a 3rd booster by using the long gun and pistol of a character with that characters skin. But you can only use the default skin of that character. For example: if I want explosive buddy as a 3rd booster, I have to use the normal Uncharted 3 drake. My personal fav is Golden Abyss Drake, but if I use him, I would't be able to get a 3rd booster benefit. All I ask is that you enable us to use the other skins of that character. ATM, it only works for the default skin of that character, and if you actually unlocked both guns, your character choice shouldn't be limited to one skin of that character.

Message 1 of 19 (605 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: Concerning the 3rd Booster

Aug 23, 2012
I want them to do this too, it sucks that you get punished for wanting to play as DLC players that you payed for, like Winter Clhoe or Wetsuit Drake.

They said Big2KREW are going to make a video on it, but they should've just told us instead Smiley Sad

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 2 of 19 (599 Views)
Wastelander
583 posts

Aug 23, 2012

3rd boosters are like stat items. You are forced to use a certain character and weapon because of its stat. In this case, a "3rd Booster."

BF3 Stats
My Youtube Channel--> http://www.youtube.com/user/WaffleMonster07?feature=mhee
Message 3 of 19 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012
@shadow Wow really? A friend of mine told me that the other day, but I thought he was just joking. I'm anticipating this video. @Waffle But now we can use stat items with character variants. Chloe's headdress works with other Chloe skins. Her 3rd booster doesn't.

Message 4 of 19 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Again, old news.

And again, i agree.

Message 5 of 19 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 23, 2012
Ya they said it in the August Q&A Smiley Tongue
I'm still waiting for the video, I hope they post it soon Smiley Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 6 of 19 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 23, 2012
3rd boosters are already conditional as it is, waffle. They only work with a buddy and this biddy has to be able to accomplish a certain task to do make your booster worth it (Talbot is Stealth Buddy, so you need a buddy that snaps necks), and some are just plain useless in relation to the match (Marlowe is Sugar Buddy. Your cash, not that helpful.)
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 7 of 19 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7469 posts

Aug 23, 2012

If ND wanted to be smart they would just make the third boosters work if you use the two weapons required. You shouldn't have to use the skin because that makes them all team specific. At least with stat hats the Custom Heroes and Villains have identical items.

Message 8 of 19 (531 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 23, 2012
Skin, if they did that, people would have three boosters AND stat hats, although come to think of it, that's exactly what happens either way.

Anyway. Good idea skin. I wouldn't mind Sugar Buddy even on Heroes. To be honest, the Heroes get good boosters while the Villains get horrible ones.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 19 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7469 posts

Aug 23, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Skin, if they did that, people would have three boosters AND stat hats, although come to think of it, that's exactly what happens either way.

Anyway. Good idea skin. I wouldn't mind Sugar Buddy even on Heroes. To be honest, the Heroes get good boosters while the Villains get horrible ones.

Exactly my point. The current set up causes a few bad things.

• What Third Booster you get depends on whether you're heroes or villains.
  • Some are only possible for heroes and some are only possible for villains.
  • You're forced to sacrifice appearance for performance, just like the current stat hats that don't have a toggle.
  • It encourages people to play as the same few main characters.

Letting any character on any team use a third booster as long as they have the two weapons that are part of the pair is fairer, and doesn't discourage using other skins.

Message 10 of 19 (486 Views)