Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Competitive matchmaking criteria...ND, are you listening?

Mar 8, 2013
Nice.

Now I need PSN to actually have a Philippines option. I don't live in HK or in US.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 11 of 22 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Mar 8, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Nice.

Now I need PSN to actually have a Philippines option. I don't live in HK or in US.
Neither do I, and I can buy stuff off the store.

...actually I'm not even entirely sure what you're talking about, so forgive me if I'm off the point.
Do you feel me?

Message 12 of 22 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 8, 2013
It's cool. Buying stuff isn't the prob. It's just that I had to have my PSN card sent from the US to do so.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 22 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 8, 2013

As I said, there are plenty of e-shops (i.e. Ebay) that sell US, UK, HK (etc.) PSN cards...

They don't even have to send you the card via physical mail, since it's easier to send you the code via email.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 14 of 22 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Mar 8, 2013

KDR is an awful idea. If I wanted to play tryhard matches I'd join Fragged Nation.

Just complete random matchmaking is fair.

Message 15 of 22 (224 Views)
Wastelander
567 posts

Mar 8, 2013
^^ no its not. Theres an obvious reason many complain about it. I play solo alot and always seem to get matched against tryhard parties giving their all stomping me and the newbies on my team. They rarely get matched up against other parties. If they do, they usually leave the lobby. What chance does a new player have against 100K+ kill players and alt account tryhards?? The matchmaking is beyond a joke its insulting. If the ppl with padded kdrs want those numbers, let em work for it. Newbie stomping is si easy, it isn't anything to brag about. Im mean, would u brag about sleeping with a s l u t?
Message 16 of 22 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
^^ no its not. Theres an obvious reason many complain about it. I play solo alot and always seem to get matched against tryhard parties giving their all stomping me and the newbies on my team. They rarely get matched up against other parties. If they do, they usually leave the lobby. What chance does a new player have against 100K+ kill players and alt account tryhards?? The matchmaking is beyond a joke its insulting. If the ppl with padded kdrs want those numbers, let em work for it. Newbie stomping is si easy, it isn't anything to brag about. Im mean, would u brag about sleeping with a s l u t?

KDR does not equal skill. Due to the matchmaking system everyones KDR is a joke. Changing it now will create mass chaos and even more beatdowns.

Parties vs solo players? your fault really, you elect to play alone, no one forces you to. Don't see how it is anyones fault apart from your own if you are losing games through electing to be forever alone. Quit being anti-social.

Parties always leave against other parties? Now this tells you what the majority want, they certainly don't want what you are suggesting so.. If your idea of KDR happened then.. This game will die. Very fast.

Yes newbie stomping is easy. But tryhards vs tryhards having two teams camping their faces off? Boring. Basically you are saying to make the game boring. If there were no newbies to stomp, the game will get stale and it will die. Alternatively the newbies will leave and create that boring feeling eventually anyway it would be boring match after boring match and the game would die out anyway.  It's the cycle of online multiplayer, it's like that everywhere except one game, get used to it.

KDR matchmaking would simply break the game even further, however I've always said a Trueskill system such as in Halo 3 would be ideal for the game. It bases on wins or player placement rather than KDR. This reflects how well a player does in a game rather than a win or a loss. Much more fair than KDR matchmaking which isn't fair at all, like you said, Padded KDR's everywhere. The game can't take KDR matchmaking due to that. That game only started to die out with the new Halo game. Because of it's perfectly balanced skill system.

There will always be people with padded KDR's or lower KDR's than they should have. People improve over time and oddly enough people also get worse. this is why KDR is not any factor for skill. A trueskill measurement system can do that job mightily fine from my experience with it though.

This is why our game is a mess, too many bad ideas being listened to. This one is over my dead body.

Message 17 of 22 (207 Views)
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Mar 8, 2013
KDR matchmaking would create lag heaven for a lot of people. Matchmaking times would be incredibly long it's a terrible idea.

What about objective and Plunder? KD doesn't mean anything in those modes
Message 18 of 22 (201 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 8, 2013

far-zan wrote:
KDR matchmaking would create lag heaven for a lot of people. Matchmaking times would be incredibly long it's a terrible idea.

Good point. I don't want to be matched against MEX/BRA/KSA tryhards.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 19 of 22 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Mar 8, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

far-zan wrote:

Good point. I don't want to be matched against MEX/BRA/KSA tryhards.

Wont matter to me, I already get matched up with them. Smiley Indifferent

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 20 of 22 (193 Views)
0 Likes