I Only Post Everything
1121 posts

Re: Communication -- A wake-up call to ND!

Jul 13, 2012

I agree. More communication would be great.... not to mention that it's necessary in order to improve the MP and that's what ND wants to do to satisfy their fans, right?! Right?

Message 21 of 208 (861 Views)
Fender Bender
3624 posts

Jul 13, 2012

ITALIX95 wrote:

fadi002 wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

And where are the special events in Uncharted 3? Where are the special skins? Where are the double cash / rare treasure drop weekends? Where are the "Play with the devs" weekends? Rockstar Games have a website and a dedicated section for just that, to play with the community. I wish you guys could learn something from that.

It only took 8 months...

W T F is this?

That's Fadi trolling you.

#SaintsofNewMarias#RepairCrew
Message 22 of 208 (842 Views)
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Jul 13, 2012

ITALIX95 wrote:

W T F is this?

Two Words:  Photoshop.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 23 of 208 (831 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Jul 13, 2012

scootgar wrote:

ITALIX95 wrote:

W T F is this?

Two Words:  Photoshop.

I never used it for that picture Smiley Wink

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 24 of 208 (824 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Since the transition to the new forums here, only Cog replied to some threads. Eric didn't even hop online for around a week now. I understand you guys are busy working on 1.13, but isn't it now in Sony's hands? Why the silence? Why don't you guys join us in the conversations and actually speak to us? Confirm stuff, deny stuff, or just join us in topics stating your opinion about a certain matter just like you guys did with the hitboxes issue.

Great thread shadowman.  The OP expresses a lot of what made U2 a really cool experience and some things I really miss about that game. 

But The section I picked out I may be able to shed some light on (or I just might be pulling this out of my arse)

But a lot of people have a lot of really bad things to say to ND.  There was a thread on the last of us forums where this guy got into a conversation with a dev, and the dev kept explaining why something was the way it was and the kid kept ripping at him calling him a liar and saying they  needed to doctor things up in order to get people interested nad what not.  People have been saying a lot of really crappy things in this section too.

I could totaly understand if ND wouldn't want to come around when the community seems to be raising a middle finger at every turn. 

Then again, the success of U2 may have really "got to them" so they decided to start acting like a large majority of other developers.

Or they could just be busy with Uncharted 3 dlc, patches, TLoU, and next gen stuff.

Message 25 of 208 (793 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
112 posts

Jul 13, 2012

We are listening.  And I know for a fact we have a number of people on the forums often.  There's just not a lot to say right now until 1.13 is out of the oven.  The patch is HUGE.  There's a ton of content for it.  Sadly, I can't talk a lot about it until we get closer to its release but it has been submitted.  Now we wait to see what's broken.

There's no of intent of ignoring the community, though some feel that way and we understand that.  It's just a fact we're incredibly busy on a variety of things.  However, once 1.13 is out of the way, we'll have a lot more time for involvement!  

Please, keep active on the forums and post your thoughts.  We're here.

Message 26 of 208 (781 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Jul 13, 2012

I think the worst part is that there was a decent level of communication and events for the beginnig half of UC2's lifespan, and now there's nohin gbut the "questions of the month" to create the placebo effect that they are interacting with the community. Even saying that they're busy working on TLoU or 1.13 or anything like that and don't have time for posting would be much appreciatecd. 

There are so many issues with the game that it makes me think ND only glanced at the July beta forums. There was so much that didn't need to be changed, so naturally they completely altered those factors. I think the most I've seen ND employees post was in OW1N's hitbox thread (sorry, I probably ddin't spell that right) and the threads about the Fort "map pack". It would greatly improve the community if they allowed for people to become mods and maybe even some interns at their HQ to post information and maybe host some friendly matches. 

There's so much potential with UC3 that is not being taken advantage of...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 27 of 208 (775 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Jul 13, 2012

cog182, a word on the high aim assist problem already, please...

Message 28 of 208 (735 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Jul 13, 2012

cog182 wrote:

We are listening.  And I know for a fact we have a number of people on the forums often.  There's just not a lot to say right now until 1.13 is out of the oven.  The patch is HUGE.  There's a ton of content for it.  Sadly, I can't talk a lot about it until we get closer to its release but it has been submitted.  Now we wait to see what's broken.

There's no of intent of ignoring the community, though some feel that way and we understand that.  It's just a fact we're incredibly busy on a variety of things.  However, once 1.13 is out of the way, we'll have a lot more time for involvement!  

Have you ever had to remove big features from patches because of bugs/problems?

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 29 of 208 (726 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Jul 13, 2012

cog182 wrote:

Are you guys going to release any more patches after 1.13 is released, cog?

Will there be any future weapon tweaks regarding ROF's recoil/blindfire accuracy and scoped weapons' aim assist?

Message 30 of 208 (721 Views)