Jul 13 2012
By: Shadow-Man_4 Treasure Hunter 4628 posts
Accepted Solution

Communication -- A wake-up call to ND!

[ Edited ]
207 replies 1931 views Edited Jul 13, 2012

Ok, as many of you may notice, I rarely create any threads. I'm just used to replying to stuff and adding my comments to threads, but this Community Management BS from Naughty Dog needs to change, and I wanted to create this thread to (try) doing just that!

First off, the communication we got during the Uncharted 2 days was fabulous. While Arne used to keep us in the dark at times, he otherwise was a great Community Manager. EvangM was the guy for Technical Issues, and Zod was there for any kind of discussions. They formed a great team and overall they were near-perfect on updating us and most importantly suprising us.

Remember the breakdown post hinting at 1.05 Patch for Uncharted 2 MP? Where they divided the post into 3 and everyday they give us more information about that Patch? Remember the Double Cash weekends that they used to hold every month or so? And the "Play with the Dogs" night where Zod and his team of ND players would divide themselves into groups or play with us in Custom Games? Or the "special" skins we had based on popular events like Football? Those little things were what made Uncharted 2 fun all the time, with something new popping up every once in a while. They added diversity and a dynamic feel to the game.

Fast forward to Uncharted 3, and we have the complete opposite of what we used to have. We have 1 or 2 Community Managers who only say soon when asked about certain stuff, and only Cog182 replies and joins conversations with us on various topics, and he isn't even a Community Manager! We have TWO Community Managers and none respond to us the way they should. I don't understand why don't they post frequently. Isn't your job to communicate with the Community?

Since the transition to the new forums here, only Cog replied to some threads. Eric didn't even hop online for around a week now. I understand you guys are busy working on 1.13, but isn't it now in Sony's hands? Why the silence? Why don't you guys join us in the conversations and actually speak to us? Confirm stuff, deny stuff, or just join us in topics stating your opinion about a certain matter just like you guys did with the hitboxes issue.

I understand we have the Q&A thread, but that shouldn't be our only way to get answers from the devs, should it? As of right now, I feel the only way to get your replies is either the Q&A thread or Private Messages..

And where are the special events in Uncharted 3? Where are the special skins? Where are the double cash / rare treasure drop weekends? Where are the "Play with the devs" weekends? Rockstar Games have a website and a dedicated section for just that, to play with the community. I wish you guys could learn something from that.

Not to mention the broken Stats Website on the Naughty Dog website. I'm not insulting Jason Paul, the web developer of Naughty Dog. But the Stats updates are taking way too long to arrive, it's never been touched until last week since about 7 months.

Help me spread the word to Naughty Dog, because I'm really tired from the inconsistent communication we're getting. It jjust seems that when a Patch releases, all of 'em hop online to check it and then bam, they're offline and they rarely respond until the next Patch arrives.. and so on.

Please Naughty Dog, hire someone just to talk to us on the forums. Hell, I'm ready to join the Naughty Dog team right now if I could and just sit on my laptop or computer in the office just talking with the people in the community. Why is it so hard, I cannot understand. Maybe it's because the actual Community guys are working in some form on the Last of Us? It's a shame if that's the case.

Anyways, thank you very much if you read the whole post, and I hope you guys can support this. I wanted to create this thread for anything and everything about the broken communication from ND, and I hope this message can get to them and hopefully, improves them.

Thanks alot and I hope you guys can support me and this thread to spread the message. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 208 (1,931 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Re: Why the silence Naughty Dog?

Jul 13, 2012

yeh....we need more of these threads to wake them up a bit...its like they need that wake up call...stop your tweeting and get to the official forums ND!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 208 (1,923 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Re: Communication -- A wake-up call to ND!

Jul 13, 2012
Totally agree. +K
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 208 (1,891 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15217 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Like every other topic we bring up around here, this one's old.  But it's relevant.

If one member of the ND staff spent one hour a week posting "what we're doing now" and/or answering random threads, keeping that progress bar moving, inching up towards 1.13, we'd all be a little happier.  But we're back to that sense of abandonment we had in the post-Christmas period when we were all furious over at the ND site.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 208 (1,855 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4628 posts

Jul 13, 2012

scootgar wrote:

Like every other topic we bring up around here, this one's old.  But it's relevant.

If one member of the ND staff spent one hour a week posting "what we're doing now" and/or answering random threads, keeping that progress bar moving, inching up towards 1.13, we'd all be a little happier.  But we're back to that sense of abandonment we had in the post-Christmas period when we were all furious over at the ND site.

Sure, there's an old, but ND needs a constant reminder to wake up. 

As for your other point, yeah I completely agree. They're not talking at all right now, as if they vanished. I wish I could know the reason behind that.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 208 (1,849 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12641 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Sure, there's an old, but ND needs a constant reminder to wake up. 

As for your other point, yeah I completely agree. They're not talking at all right now, as if they vanished. I wish I could know the reason behind that.

Patch 1.13 will be the last patch, they were silent in 1.08 on Uncharted 2 and released 1.09 then quit talking as much and it slowly got worse and worse.

Thats my guess.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 208 (1,838 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4628 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

Patch 1.13 will be the last patch, they were silent in 1.08 on Uncharted 2 and released 1.09 then quit talking as much and it slowly got worse and worse.

Thats my guess.

But they said something about supporting UC3 for 3 years or more!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 208 (1,826 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15217 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Thats my guess.

But they said something about supporting UC3 for 3 years or more!

I ain't buying that. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 208 (1,823 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1158 posts

Jul 13, 2012
I think that because they didn't get Game of the Year Award, they don't care much about it now. My guess is that the guys who worked on UC3 are probably wishing they could work on The Last Of Us and get more involved in that and only a small number are still into UC3. They lack in responses because they don't care
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 208 (1,801 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

Jul 13, 2012

I kudos the sh*t out of this post.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 208 (1,789 Views)