3721 posts

Re: Co-op Tournament FINAL RESULTS!!

Dec 18, 2012

Alluboy_ wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

Stats have now been added to Highrise surprise
Thanks to Sleaze once again Smiley Happy

Wow, JD-- was fast. ;o I was incredibly slow. Smiley Tongue

Yeah, he was doing really well until he messed up on the Pistole guy. Had he completed the round oe got more kills than Wannaca he would've won hands down. His pace is incredible

Message 361 of 373 (418 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Thank you for your congrats, everyone! Wow, I never though, I would actually win this tournament!

During Desert Dash, like many other contestants, I felt disappointed to my performance after the challenge, but surprisingly found myself among the top 3. This was a nice simple minded challenge to start Tournament. 

Jungle Fewer was my favorite challenge, because of the melee only rule. I didn't care much of the time and just wanted to complete the challenge. In addition, I also wanted to make many different takedowns due to the reason I actually like them Smiley Very Happy

Quiet Riot again was a huge fail from me. The challenge itself sounded funny and stuff though. 

Monastery Madness, the challenge where anything could happen. This was quite exciting sometimes, and there actually was few close calls. I'm glad I made it after that QR fail.

Highrise Surprise was another cool challenge, I liked. I always tried to calmly drop myself to ledges to avoid death drop, which few contestants sadly experienced.

Firstly thanks for all the contestants, who took part to this Tournament! It's been great watching your playthroughs. And thanks to Ali for letting me to take part to this Very First Co-op Tournament, it's much appreciated! Another big props for this Tourney; it's been awesome Smiley Happy

Message 362 of 373 (363 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Wannaca94 wrote:

Thank you for your congrats, everyone! Wow, I never though, I would actually win this tournament!

During Desert Dash, like many other contestants, I felt disappointed to my performance after the challenge, but surprisingly found myself among the top 3. This was a nice simple minded challenge to start Tournament. 

Jungle Fewer was my favorite challenge, because of the melee only rule. I didn't care much of the time and just wanted to complete the challenge. In addition, I also wanted to make many different takedowns due to the reason I actually like them Smiley Very Happy

Quiet Riot again was a huge fail from me. The challenge itself sounded funny and stuff though. 

Monastery Madness, the challenge where anything could happen. This was quite exciting sometimes, and there actually was few close calls. I'm glad I made it after that QR fail.

Highrise Surprise was another cool challenge, I liked. I always tried to calmly drop myself to ledges to avoid death drop, which few contestants sadly experienced.

Firstly thanks for all the contestants, who took part to this Tournament! It's been great watching your playthroughs. And thanks to Ali for letting me to take part to this Very First Co-op Tournament, it's much appreciated! Another big props for this Tourney; it's been awesome Smiley Happy

Yay! your very 1st post lol

Thanks for your feedback, it was nice hearing from the winner himself Smiley Happy

Hope to COMPETE with you in JD's and Sleazes Tournament Smiley Wink

Message 363 of 373 (356 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Highrise Surprise feedback and Tournament feedback

Dec 19, 2012

Highrise Surprise was definetly a "surprise." I really liked the idea of ONLY pulldowns counting as kills/points, it really added to the pressure of the challenge because I couldn't shoot those annoying enemies that kept, persistently, shooting me while I'd wait for them to get near me. The pulldowns themselves were a bit difficult to pull off because, like Ali said, the enemies in UC3 camp a LOT! I mean, wow, they just stand around spinning in circles shooting around like blind bats. I had to keep pulling up and make them melee me to get them near an edge to be able to pull one down.

I was really surprised to see people struggling as much as I did on this challenge. You could really get screwed by many enemies while waiting to pull down one enemy. And, the huge gaps between the buildings didn't help at all. Misplace your jump and it was all over, I was so nervous I'd fall down or misplace a jump while doing this challenge.

I do want to say, Congratulations to Wannaca94 for winning this tournament, truly was a surpirse for me. I thought SLEAZE would have come out on top this time around, but no matter, everyone's a winner in my book here. Much like Ali has said already, we ALL participated in the FIRST EVER Co-Op tournament, we made history. Smiley Happy Whether we were directly a part of it or an on-looker that supported the tournament, we're a part of the ages now. Smiley Wink

The Tournament itself was a blast, albeit a more nerve wracking experience, but still fun. I had put in MANY hours to perfect each and every challenge and it really added to the sheer amount of stress. Even if I got a challenge down to where it was just pure boredom while practicing, I STILL got insanely nervous during my official trial. I blame my failures purely on nerves and the fact that I am commonly cracking under pressure. I'm the same way in school, which just sucks... But, no matter, I had a LOT of fun.

I would like to say, THANK YOU, RANDOMZACH! Smiley Very Happy You helped me TREMENDOUSLY during this entire tournament and I humbly thank you and owe you, big time. Every single challenge, you were there, helping me, time after time. Pointing out my flaws, telling me what to do better, how to complete it faster. You even brought out a notebook and a stopwatch and recorded my times and bonus point achievments. That made me laugh. Smiley Tongue Thank you so much, bud. I couldn't have done it all without you. Smiley Happy

I would also like to say thank you to Huskers1598. You helped me a lot as well. We played countless co-op games which really helped hone my skills and nervousness when it came to competing in front of someone. Thank you so much, bud. Smiley Happy

AliMakaveli, well done, outstanding tournament, it was like nothing else. You have truly inspired me to host my own tournament. I will keep you posted with important details about it. I've also decided to not do it until you get back from your trip that way I can ensure you can participate. I really want you to. Smiley Happy

Thanks again EVERYBODY for EVERYTHING, see you all in future tournaments. Smiley Wink

Message 364 of 373 (338 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Re: Highrise Surprise feedback and Tournament feedback

Dec 19, 2012
Cheers cousin for your detailed feedback once again. You have defo shown passion as Sleaze did in all your challenges and respected my Tournament as did the rest. It would be an honour to participate in your tournament and I will definitely give 110% on all my challenges for sure Smiley Happy
Message 365 of 373 (333 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Re: Highrise Surprise feedback and Tournament feedback

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

JD-- if you see this...today is my last day of work before going on a long Christmas Holiday.  Sometime in the next week or so, I'd like to either get you in lobby in UC3, start a PM correspondence through the forums, or jump on to the Co-Op FB page to discuss preliminary plans for our events.  I understand Aurelia my put one together as well and I think she should be brought into the fold so that events do not overlap and compete for contestants. 

Now.  As Ali mentioned, I do not think we should get into too much detail about what each of use will do so as not to give anyone an advantage.  I think we need to air out things like, dates, how big each tourney will be (how many contestant slots), how long each tourney will run (Ali's rank 5 weeks, I believe), and things along this logistical line.  Also, info about the structure of the tourney, if possible.  Will it be a unique event like Ali's, or will it focus on a particular aspect or build off of something that Ali did? 

No need to answer here.  We'll get into it once we decide the best method to communicate. 

Cheers.

SLEAZE. 

Message 366 of 373 (294 Views)
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Well done wannace for winning the tournament truth be told im glad you won because it so fun watching you take your victory right at the end.

Ali did a great job on this tournament with all the twists and turns all your hard work really shows.

Pime its ok we all know your afraid of high places.

One question for Ali what would the tie breaker round have been if there was a tie? 

Message 367 of 373 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

snake134678 wrote:

Well done wannace for winning the tournament truth be told im glad you won because it so fun watching you take your victory right at the end.

Ali did a great job on this tournament with all the twists and turns all your hard work really shows.

Pime its ok we all know your afraid of high places.

One question for Ali what would the tie breaker round have been if there was a tie? 

Lol! Afraid only in videogames, dude. 

In real life i would have done it with tied hands Smiley Wink

Congrats to wannace for winning the tournament. 

Let's see how he will stand the pressure of defending his title next time Smiley Happy

All eyes will watch every step he will make, i guess. 

Don't care about, wannace, i'm sure you belong to the top three In the next tournament.

One question about the next tourney:

What happens if there is a much larger number of participants?

Will there be a limit?

sorry for the strange layout. Smartphone....

Message 368 of 373 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

NEWS FLASH:

Planning for my touney can now begin!  I have obtained all needed recording equipment and will begin experimenting with some of that today. 

- Elgato Game Capture HD

- Toshiba 1 TB HDD

- Trial version of Sony Vegas 12

- Trial Version of Power Director 11

Once I get more comfortable with the Elgato and with Sony Vegas, in about two weeks or less time, I hoping to have final rules in places so that the event can be announced.

Still seeking to converse with Aurelia and JD-- on their planning for the calendaring of their events, so that I may coordinate and avoid overlapping! 

The tinkering with the equipment begins! 

Message 369 of 373 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Dec 27, 2012
@Sleaze,

Will it be Biblical?
Message 370 of 373 (252 Views)
0 Likes