Co-op Tournament - Adventure Trials - Leaderboard/Tournament Videos Included

[ Edited ]
487 replies 2853 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

Uncharted 3: Adventure Trials Tournament

::: Leaderboards :::

coopadvtrialsfinal.png

Tournament Videos:

The Infamous Beast

Borneo

London

Monastery

Syria

Airstrip

Fort

Hi-5

Borneo

London

Monastery

Syria

Airstrip

Fort

The Good The Bad and The Evil

Borneo

London

Monastery

Syria

Airstrip

Fort

Team Analysis:

Messages being sent within the next few days.

Can you defeat a time?

Send a message on here with your video if you defeat any of the times listed throughout the competition, The video section here will stay but a new one will be created which will be placed at the top of the thread.

Congratulations to The Infamous Beast for winning the competition, a big thanks goes out to all teams who took part!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 488 (2,853 Views)
Fender Bender
3076 posts

Re: New co-op idea concept: Time Trial based competition.

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Cool!  This sounds interersting! 

I just got a recoding device and have been fooling around trying to get used to capturing, so I'm pretty noob in that sense.  I don't necessarily have a team, but could definitly get one together. 

Are there any dates for this Aureilia?  Do you have some sense when this will run, or will you gather interested parties and see where you stand? 

Good luck with this one!  Should be fun and interesting! 

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC, BUT STILL RELEVENT OVERALL: 

I spoke briefly to JD-- yesterday, not sure when his tourney will get off the ground.  For me, I'm planning something too, but it might be as late as early March.  I'm trying to coordiate this as much as possible so that tournies do not overlap and allow maximum participation.   If need be, I might be able to move it up to mid or late February. 

I'm working on the following: 

- Capturing mock tourney runs on specific maps to make sure that what I want will work (meaning two players in game as contestants and one referee (me)).  I've got 1 out of 5 maps completed for test run captures, and am hoping to have the others done by the end of this week.  

- Working on peliminary logistics for the tourney.  Players will need to register a team, each player will need to register a skin and a taunt, power rankings for teams must be calculated, teams must be seeded and the bracket must be set. 

- Trying to figure out a power ranking system so that teams can be seeded in the tourney bracket.

- Working on points system for the Tourney and I think I have this down. 

- Working on pre-event rules and a simple contract that players will sign (electorically) prior to participation. 

- Working on getting used to the Elgato catpure and SVP 12 software (only have trial version of SVP 12 right now, but should have a more permanent solution by the end of the week). 

- My goal is to keep things as simple as possible. 

- I'll need help with logistical stuff like the leaderboard that AliMakaveli made for his tourney (updated weekly), possibly some stats work (tho I might do this myself). 

- Tyring to figure out music for edits

Ps.  Have you thrown the link to this thread up on the Co-Op FB page yet?  I'll go and check, and if not I'll post the link for this thread there. 

- Cheers! 

Ps. # 2, I put the link for this thread up in the Co-Op FB page!  Nice! 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 488 (2,797 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12642 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

The plan I currently have is to set it up running once I know the interest levels and if there are enough people to support the idea and take part. That could be anything from Mid January If there isn't enough interest by then I should probably abandon the idea anyway.

The dates would be set once I know there are at least 6 people with recording devices who are interested and have a total of 18 people willing to take part.

If someone didn't have a recording device that would be fine, I'll be willing to take part myself and supply up to 2 non capture deviced players with a team to play in since I have a capture device, I'd not take a team myself for this very reason.

The Schedule and points system has been moved to the OP.

So if a team was for example to not get past a single checkpoint and just repeatedly die you'd be minus whatever the total for the difficulty you selected - I think it may have an added interest to allow teams to work at strengths to allow them to select the difficulty they want. For example I know some people would take the challenge of Monastery crushing knowing they may lose one or two lives and lose six points while I'd take the hard route and try to secure no deaths and only end up losing a few points due to a lower difficulty and set myself up for the next round where i'd be more comfortable. :smileyhappy:

The plan I have is to have that points system to introduce team thinking and strategy to play in a comfortable zone yet still make it competitive as most of us have strengths and weaknesses and some point deductions could very well cost a team victory.

As for the times for games to be finished. The matches would either have to be uploaded to youtube and given to me by the end time or the video itself would have to be sent to me by that time if someone has a time restricted youtube account. But then again if someone has a capture device they probably know how to split videos and could upload it regardless.

Almost forgot... EDIT: I don't bother with facebook at all really, so I haven't put anything on there.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 488 (2,759 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Great idea Aureilia, I'm in! :smileyvery-happy:

Do we need to state our players now or later?

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 488 (2,733 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12642 posts

Jan 1, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
Great idea Aureilia, I'm in! :smileyvery-happy:

Do we need to state our players now or later?

Do you have a team of three? If so you can state them now if you'd like.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 488 (2,722 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Am I allowed to state subs? :smileytongue:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 488 (2,719 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12642 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
Am I allowed to state subs? :smileytongue:

You can, but only two. Also state who it will be that will be recording in your team.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 488 (2,714 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jan 1, 2013
I'm recording :smileyhappy:
I'll message some Hi-5 members and see who wants to join :smileywink:

Hopefully we can get more teams joining, this can be quite interesting :smileyvery-happy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 488 (2,696 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1304 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Could I join? 

TeabagMcFrag, RaiXKU or whatever ur name is bro, DAG. tbls. wais, Psy. Dadnoob. JD, CookieFrog. Thank you guise for the wonderful times, but im done here, love ya'll.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 488 (2,678 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Jan 1, 2013
im in. but i dont have a team

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 488 (2,675 Views)
0 Likes