Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Co-op Gold Star

Sep 4, 2012
This could be the answer to motivate people into staying, since plenty will hit max rank before Thanksgiving. Taps would be the best, but it shouldn't require DLC only stuff. That would really hurt my wallet I'd I had to buy all taunts (DLC) and all the stage 1 hats.

Message 61 of 101 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Sep 4, 2012

jjjkur wrote:
This could be the answer to motivate people into staying, since plenty will hit max rank before Thanksgiving. Taps would be the best, but it shouldn't require DLC only stuff. That would really hurt my wallet I'd I had to buy all taunts (DLC) and all the stage 1 hats.

Taps sounds crazy. It would take forever. But then again people would stay with the game longer. And I'm a rank 30 5th legacy, I don't think I'll be hitting the max anytime soon. If thats what the gold star takes it will be a real challenge. The silver one is easy, except for you Monastery... I **bleep** hate you.

Message 62 of 101 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Gold Star? I'm thinking you need to have everything. All mods, all golded boosters, all co-op adventure/arena maps on crushing (no DLC, unfair for the others), and win a number of Hunter games in a row (that's a toughie).

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 63 of 101 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Sep 7, 2012
Gold Star Requirements: 1:All Adventure maps completed on crushing including DLC 2:Legacy 5 Rank 75 3:1 Gold Tier ranking
Message 64 of 101 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 10, 2012
Updated with more community ideas Smiley Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 65 of 101 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Sep 10, 2012

Gold star requirements...well, in terms of thinking outside the box, here's some ideas:

- forum-based requirements. Creation of unique, constructive threads or some other form of grading that isn't post/kudos based will improve this community and expand its members.

- assists- yup, not kills, but assists. Having a high number requirement would help encourage teamwork and lessen the blow of "kill-stealing". Can be coo-op and/or competitive.

- weekly- similar to the tournament system, there would be weekly challenges that would grant those who complete them a gold star (in this case, there wouldbe 2 stars on the player's profile). They can include getting a certain number of stealth kills, high-5s, treasures, completing a game of co-op on a certain difficulty under time constraints, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 66 of 101 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Co-op gold star sould be awarded to the players that have Completed AL co-op maps on Crushing , with 2 players

+

A Skeleton symbol instead of a star should be awarded to players with 100+ crushings or 1000+ hards

Message 67 of 101 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Naughty Dog...hear our pleas.  More co-op content of any kind would be greatly appreciated!  Opening up all the maps for Arena would be a start.  More adventures would be awesome also but I understand that there's more overhead in producing them so perhaps in the next Uncharted (if we're lucky enough to get one)?

Online campaign, maybe?  For game balance, adjust enemy spawn rates(or types), health, weapon accuracy, etc., based on the number of players - that way, campaign completion still means something.  Just a thought.

In UC2 Objective, I hated that the game ended if one player disconnected (for whatever reason) but at least you got the cash you'd accumulated to that point!  So...UC3 is an improvement in continuing when a player disconnects but very frustrating for cash when there's "Not Enough Players" or you're disconnected arbitrarily.  The process of finding a game, voting and then starting is time consuming enough that I often play maps and difficulties I don't want just so I get something...it's discouraging when you get no cash after all that...especially late in a game.  Perhaps it has less to do with coding for these scenarios and more to do with tying up game server resources for one player - fair enough.

Message 68 of 101 (289 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Gold And Silver Star copy.jpg

Gold Gold Star copy.jpg

Which one do you prefer?

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 69 of 101 (253 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7550 posts

Sep 19, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:
Maybe if we get more Co-op Adventure DLC, they could eventually patch in a star for completing all Co-op Adventure DLC on Crushing. Smiley Happy

yes and this would include the fort coop Smiley Tongue

Sleep Matt signature
Message 70 of 101 (251 Views)
0 Likes