Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: Co-op Gold Star

Jul 21, 2012

renatabls wrote:
Did you say people who enjoy Co-op Adventure? Well, NOBODY does. I support it though. Smiley Very Happy
Thanks for the support Smiley Very Happy Would you be interested in completing new Co-Op adventure levels or completing the original arena maps on crushing to get a Gold star? Which would you rather have in your opinion Smiley Happy

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 31 of 101 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11298 posts
 

Re: Co-op Gold Star

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012
The original ones, I guess, we already know everything about it (where are the power weapons, for example). I just don't want to do the Monastery one again. That map is the definition of hell. Smiley Very Happy
Message 32 of 101 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14379 posts
 

Re: Co-op Gold Star

Jul 22, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

 

There are challenges and there are things above a challenge which are just outright annoying and should be aborted.

 

Monastery's end sequence is one that should never have been in the game.

 

You hit a point though, "Those maps were only hard to beat if you played with randoms"

 

Why should randoms be excluded from completing things?

 

 



I exluded randoms because the challenge that happens to be in this conversation, is a challenge which is only earned by good teamwork. If someone isn't good at co-op, then they should get better. When I first played Monestary on Crushing, I was convinced that it was impossible. Until I played with friends, figured out easy strageties, and beat it alot easier than expected. That's the point in earning the star.

 

And no, not all randoms are moderate at co-op, but based on my experiences, alot are.


If you have earned something that was hard, you have wasted precious life time that could have been spent on something easier.

 

There is no point in earning something that will require figuring out strategies, it's a video game, that doesn't sound like fun.



But that's the point. It's not forcing you to do anything. People don't have to do things if they don't want to. Like the silver star for example. If you think Monestary and Fort is too hard, then don't play them on high difficulties. Play them on easy if you want to have fun and make it less frustrated.

 

If you want to have fun playing co-op in general, then what's the point of having to earn something in the first place? Smiley Happy


But you are forgetting people are completionists, when a target is put infront of them they have to do it. It's a mindset.

 

If they had a gold star and it was stupidly hard.. Would I be impressed? No. I'd be outright angry with ND's bad decision to do that.

 

But I'd still go ahead and get that gold star. I don't like not having what everyone else has or has the option to have.



Message 33 of 101 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: Co-op Gold Star

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

 

There are challenges and there are things above a challenge which are just outright annoying and should be aborted.

 

Monastery's end sequence is one that should never have been in the game.

 

You hit a point though, "Those maps were only hard to beat if you played with randoms"

 

Why should randoms be excluded from completing things?

 

 



I exluded randoms because the challenge that happens to be in this conversation, is a challenge which is only earned by good teamwork. If someone isn't good at co-op, then they should get better. When I first played Monestary on Crushing, I was convinced that it was impossible. Until I played with friends, figured out easy strageties, and beat it alot easier than expected. That's thepoint in earning the star.

 

And no, not all randoms are moderate at co-op, but based on my experiences, alot are.


If you have earned something that was hard, you have wasted precious life time that could have been spent on something easier.

 

There is no point in earning something that will require figuring out strategies, it's a video game, that doesn't sound like fun.



But that's the point. It's not forcing you to do anything. People don't have to do things if they don't want to. Like the silver star for example. If you think Monestary and Fort is too hard, then don't play them on high difficulties. Play them on easy if you want to have fun and make it less frustrated.

 

If you want to have fun playing co-op in general, then what's the point of having to earn something in the first place? Smiley Happy


But you are forgetting people are completionists, when a target is put infront of them they have to do it. It's a mindset.

 

If they had a gold star and it was stupidly hard.. Would I be impressed? No. I'd be outright angry with ND's bad decision to do that.

 

But I'd still go ahead and get that gold star. I don't like not having what everyone else has or has the option to have.


I know what you mean, but I think a gold star would be a fun objective to work towards. It's like the new legacies, everybody is stuck at 3rd legacy because it was too easy to get to. So Naughty Dog is adding new legacies and there are rumors or level 76-100 being released. I wouldn't want the Gold star to be impossible but I want it harder that the silver star ( except no monastery levels) because every map except Monastery was easy as long as you knew what you were doing. I want levels that have smarter NPCs to make it harder but still fun and interesting. If Naughty Dog doesn't want to add new Co-Op adventure levels they have plenty of alternatives, for example: a few people have commented that they would like a Gold Star for completing the Non DLC Co-Op Arena maps on crushing. Something like that would also give a fun goal to work towards with friends or randoms. What do you think of this idea? Edit* I think Gold star would only be available after getting Silver star but if you complete all Non DLC Co-Op Arena Maps on Crushing, maybe you get a Silver so that once everything is completed on Crushing you get a Golden Star? This could be a fun alternative to adding new maps and would probably be easier to put in for Naughty Dog, hopefully a ND employee will read this and post an opinion to see if they are considering it Smiley Very Happy

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 34 of 101 (363 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14379 posts
 

Re: Co-op Gold Star

Jul 22, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

 

There are challenges and there are things above a challenge which are just outright annoying and should be aborted.

 

Monastery's end sequence is one that should never have been in the game.

 

You hit a point though, "Those maps were only hard to beat if you played with randoms"

 

Why should randoms be excluded from completing things?

 

 



I exluded randoms because the challenge that happens to be in this conversation, is a challenge which is only earned by good teamwork. If someone isn't good at co-op, then they should get better. When I first played Monestary on Crushing, I was convinced that it was impossible. Until I played with friends, figured out easy strageties, and beat it alot easier than expected. That's thepoint in earning the star.

 

And no, not all randoms are moderate at co-op, but based on my experiences, alot are.


If you have earned something that was hard, you have wasted precious life time that could have been spent on something easier.

 

There is no point in earning something that will require figuring out strategies, it's a video game, that doesn't sound like fun.



But that's the point. It's not forcing you to do anything. People don't have to do things if they don't want to. Like the silver star for example. If you think Monestary and Fort is too hard, then don't play them on high difficulties. Play them on easy if you want to have fun and make it less frustrated.

 

If you want to have fun playing co-op in general, then what's the point of having to earn something in the first place? Smiley Happy


But you are forgetting people are completionists, when a target is put infront of them they have to do it. It's a mindset.

 

If they had a gold star and it was stupidly hard.. Would I be impressed? No. I'd be outright angry with ND's bad decision to do that.

 

But I'd still go ahead and get that gold star. I don't like not having what everyone else has or has the option to have.


I know what you mean, but I think a gold star would be a fun objective to work towards. It's like the new legacies, everybody is stuck at 3rd legacy because it was too easy to get to. So Naughty Dog is adding new legacies and there are rumors or level 76-100 being released. I wouldn't want the Gold star to be impossible but I want it harder that the silver star ( except no monastery levels) because every map except Monastery was easy as long as you knew what you were doing. I want levels that have smarter NPCs to make it harder but still fun and interesting. If Naughty Dog doesn't want to add new Co-Op adventure levels they have plenty of alternatives, for example: a few people have commented that they would like a Gold Star for completing the Non DLC Co-Op Arena maps on crushing. Something like that would also give a fun goal to work towards with friends or randoms. What do you think of this idea?

That would be fine. even though one of them is very hard, I absolutely lothe playing Arena on Airstrip. I guess one Monastery style difficulty isn't that bad, but I really would hate a few of them.



Message 35 of 101 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: Co-op Gold Star

Jul 22, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

 

There are challenges and there are things above a challenge which are just outright annoying and should be aborted.

 

Monastery's end sequence is one that should never have been in the game.

 

You hit a point though, "Those maps were only hard to beat if you played with randoms"

 

Why should randoms be excluded from completing things?

 

 



I exluded randoms because the challenge that happens to be in this conversation, is a challenge which is only earned by good teamwork. If someone isn't good at co-op, then they should get better. When I first played Monestary on Crushing, I was convinced that it was impossible. Until I played with friends, figured out easy strageties, and beat it alot easier than expected. That's thepoint in earning the star.

 

And no, not all randoms are moderate at co-op, but based on my experiences, alot are.


If you have earned something that was hard, you have wasted precious life time that could have been spent on something easier.

 

There is no point in earning something that will require figuring out strategies, it's a video game, that doesn't sound like fun.



But that's the point. It's not forcing you to do anything. People don't have to do things if they don't want to. Like the silver star for example. If you think Monestary and Fort is too hard, then don't play them on high difficulties. Play them on easy if you want to have fun and make it less frustrated.

 

If you want to have fun playing co-op in general, then what's the point of having to earn something in the first place? Smiley Happy


But you are forgetting people are completionists, when a target is put infront of them they have to do it. It's a mindset.

 

If they had a gold star and it was stupidly hard.. Would I be impressed? No. I'd be outright angry with ND's bad decision to do that.

 

But I'd still go ahead and get that gold star. I don't like not having what everyone else has or has the option to have.


I know what you mean, but I think a gold star would be a fun objective to work towards. It's like the new legacies, everybody is stuck at 3rd legacy because it was too easy to get to. So Naughty Dog is adding new legacies and there are rumors or level 76-100 being released. I wouldn't want the Gold star to be impossible but I want it harder that the silver star ( except no monastery levels) because every map except Monastery was easy as long as you knew what you were doing. I want levels that have smarter NPCs to make it harder but still fun and interesting. If Naughty Dog doesn't want to add new Co-Op adventure levels they have plenty of alternatives, for example: a few people have commented that they would like a Gold Star for completing the Non DLC Co-Op Arena maps on crushing. Something like that would also give a fun goal to work towards with friends or randoms. What do you think of this idea?

That would be fine. even though one of them is very hard, I absolutely lothe playing Arena on Airstrip. I guess one Monastery style difficulty isn't that bad, but I really would hate a few of them.


Did you see my edit on my first reply? Sorry I forgot to add it in before posting Smiley Sad

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 36 of 101 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/19/2011
Offline
2305 posts
 

Re: Co-op Gold Star

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

 

But you are forgetting people are completionists, when a target is put infront of them they have to do it. It's a mindset.

 

If they had a gold star and it was stupidly hard.. Would I be impressed? No. I'd be outright angry with ND's bad decision to do that.

 

But I'd still go ahead and get that gold star. I don't like not having what everyone else has or has the option to have.


So... you would try to achieve something (something that you don't enjoy) just because other people have achieved it?

See, that's the problem though. If new and harder maps just so happened to come out, why would you blame ND just because you had the choice to do something, even if you didn't want to?

 

Lolwut?? Smiley Indifferent...

 

 

EDIT:  As an example, I'm on 75 non-legacy simply because I don't want to loose all my stuff to gain more levels. But guess what? I don't blame ND for that. It was my choice. And I still enjoy the game while having a low level compared to many others who play this game..

Message 37 of 101 (348 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14379 posts
 

Re: Co-op Gold Star

Jul 22, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

 

But you are forgetting people are completionists, when a target is put infront of them they have to do it. It's a mindset.

 

If they had a gold star and it was stupidly hard.. Would I be impressed? No. I'd be outright angry with ND's bad decision to do that.

 

But I'd still go ahead and get that gold star. I don't like not having what everyone else has or has the option to have.


So... you would try to achieve something (something that you don't enjoy) just because other people have achieved it?

See, that's the problem though. If new and harder maps just so happened to come out, why would you blame ND just because you had the choice to do something, even if you didn't want to?

 

Lolwut?? Smiley Indifferent...

 

 

EDIT:  As an example, I'm on 75 non-legacy simply because I don't want to loose all my stuff to gain more levels. But guess what? I don't blame ND for that. It was my choice. And I still enjoy the game while having a low level compared to many others who play this game..


I blame ND for including legacy too. I didn't want to repeat the same process over and over.

 

It's called peer pressure. If all your friends do it you must do it too, that is how it is for some people.

 

I wouldn't have thought it's hard to understand that peer pressure makes people do things.



Message 38 of 101 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/19/2011
Offline
2305 posts
 

Re: Co-op Gold Star

Jul 22, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

 

I blame ND for including legacy too. I didn't want to repeat the same process over and over.

 

It's called peer pressure. If all your friends do it you must do it too, that is how it is for some people.

 

I wouldn't have thought it's hard to understand that peer pressure makes people do things.


Well, I gotta admit that's a good point...

But just remember that making a choice to do something will always make it your fault if it was your decision. Smiley Wink

 

Unless someone forced you to do so..

 

Message 39 of 101 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/13/2011
Offline
365 posts
 

Re: Co-op Gold Star

Jul 22, 2012

I'd be up for more Co-Op. And in my opinion, all the adventure levels are equally difficult on crushing. If you know what you're doing you'll make mistakes and feel the stress at equal locations in each level...   except london.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Naughty Dog,
__I have sat idly by for too long. You will NOT stand in the way of destiny! I will be in Co-Op Arena!
_____________________________________________Lots of love,
_________________________________________________Lazarevic
Message 40 of 101 (380 Views)