Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: Co-op Gold Star

Jul 21, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

co-op will never be a "go to" experience.  NPCs are predictable and very unbelievable (sometimes unfair) of course if you play 300 matches of pure adventure only..it's going to get boring.  Same dialogue, same character movements, same everything.  It's just rinse and repeat.  The only reason I even played them was because I wanted the skeletons.  Sure it was more fun than U2's but it still got boring pretty fast when I wasn't just playing co-op.

I know, thats the problem. If they make more maps I hope the NPCs move more like real players like Flynn and Eddy do when the move in and out of cover while sniping you on airport. The NPCs seem to just stand there and not care if you shoot them :smileytongue: sometimes they will go into cover or mega leap up a wall but its too easy to kill them.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 97 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16054 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Seems sensible.   There's also Co Op Arena, though, which uses a lot more maps.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) We're working on it.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 97 (281 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13183 posts

Jul 21, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

It's only a good idea if the maps are easier than Monastery and Fort.. Those maps are the most annoying maps I've ever played. Can't say I enjoy them one single bit. Nor did the many control pads that died due to those maps.

?? .... IMO, I think it should be harder. It makes perfect sense to have harder maps to achieve a gold star rather than silver. Silver in general was pretty easy (with the right team), and Monestary wasn't that hard. The only hard part on Fort was the djinn.

Only makes sense for Sony since they will get more money from angry people who keep breaking things.

Nothing should be that hard. No one should be playing games for anything other than fun, if it's making people angry it's obviously not fun.

I'm not a fan of hard games as I like video games to be based on fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 97 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

It's only a good idea if the maps are easier than Monastery and Fort.. Those maps are the most annoying maps I've ever played. Can't say I enjoy them one single bit. Nor did the many control pads that died due to those maps.

?? .... IMO, I think it should be harder. It makes perfect sense to have harder maps to achieve a gold star rather than silver. Silver in general was pretty easy (with the right team), and Monestary wasn't that hard. The only hard part on Fort was the djinn.

Only makes sense for Sony since they will get more money from angry people who keep breaking things.

Nothing should be that hard. No one should be playing games for anything other than fun, if it's making people angry it's obviously not fun.

I'm not understanding... When I say "it should be harder", I meant in terms of beating it on Crushing for the gold star. Of coarse the maps should be fun. But when it comes to earning something, shouldn't there be some kind of challenge?

And those maps were only hard to beat if you played with randoms who were unaware of what to do.

watchdogs
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 97 (268 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13183 posts

Jul 21, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I'm not understanding... When I say "it should be harder", I meant in terms of beating it on Crushing for the gold star. Of coarse the maps should be fun. But when it comes to earning something, shouldn't there be some kind of challenge?

And those maps were only hard to beat if you played with randoms who were unaware of what to do.

There are challenges and there are things above a challenge which are just outright annoying and should be aborted.

Monastery's end sequence is one that should never have been in the game.

You hit a point though, "Those maps were only hard to beat if you played with randoms"

Why should randoms be excluded from completing things?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 97 (265 Views)
Survivor
2304 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

There are challenges and there are things above a challenge which are just outright annoying and should be aborted.

You hit a point though, "Those maps were only hard to beat if you played with randoms"

I exluded randoms because the challenge that happens to be in this conversation, is a challenge which is only earned by good teamwork. If someone isn't good at co-op, then they should get better. When I first played Monestary on Crushing, I was convinced that it was impossible. Until I played with friends, figured out easy strageties, and beat it alot easier than expected. That's the point in earning the star.

And no, not all randoms are moderate at co-op, but based on my experiences, alot are.

watchdogs
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 97 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jul 21, 2012

I am sure ND will not add new coop-adventure maps. 

My suggestion:

Finish all coop-arena maps on crushing for coop gold star (DLC-maps excluded).

[SnYp]-Clan
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 97 (248 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13183 posts

Jul 21, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I exluded randoms because the challenge that happens to be in this conversation, is a challenge which is only earned by good teamwork. If someone isn't good at co-op, then they should get better. When I first played Monestary on Crushing, I was convinced that it was impossible. Until I played with friends, figured out easy strageties, and beat it alot easier than expected. That's the point in earning the star.

And no, not all randoms are moderate at co-op, but based on my experiences, alot are.

If you have earned something that was hard, you have wasted precious life time that could have been spent on something easier.

There is no point in earning something that will require figuring out strategies, it's a video game, that doesn't sound like fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 97 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jul 21, 2012
Monastery seemed impossible at first but it is easy as long as you have one person taking out RPG guys on one side, another person taking out the RPG on the other side and a final person taking out the PAK and other armored guys. The problem is if you are playing with randoms and cannot communicate with them they might not know what to do and the statue will get destroyed too quickly.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 97 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Jul 21, 2012
I wish ND would allow just one person to complete a coop mission. Now that would be outstanding.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 97 (229 Views)