Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 21 2012
By: shadowlibraboy Treasure Hunter 4568 posts

Co-op Gold Star

[ Edited ]
96 replies 2155 views Edited Jul 21, 2013

For people who enjoy playing Co-op adventure the maps we have right now are getting old. The 5 original maps and DLC Fort are fun at first but after completing them multiple times it becomes boring.

Naughty Dog, will you ever add more Adventure maps? Something new and interesting or something like Dry Docks that was removed from the game. It will even be fine if you import the Co-op Adventure Uncharted 2 maps if you don't feel like taking time to make new ones (I know it will still involve time and effort to make changes to Import Uncharted 2 maps because of the different weapons, but it will probably be easier than making new maps if you don't have the time.

When you complete the 5 original maps on crushing you get a silver Co-op star, so what I suggest is if you add more maps, give a Gold star to whoever completes all maps on crushing to give a bonus to people beating the new maps on Crushing.

ND please consider this :smileyhappy:

And to the community: if you think this is a good idea or wish to add something to this thread, reply and support this thread so we can make this happen!

Here are the great ideas posted by the community!

1. kratos_snake__

The gold star is a great idea. But if there is no new co-op dlc, I say you should get it by beating Fort on crushing along with 25+ crushing wins. Not too hard, not too easy. (btw you only get it AFTER you have silver star)

2. Kaswa101

They should make you do Adventures on two-player runs. That way, it'll actually mean something when someone has a star. Because right now, half the players who have one only got it by playing with two other good players. 

3. Zylinderknopf 

My suggestion: Finish all coop-arena maps on crushing for coop gold star (DLC-maps excluded).

4. KakashiFan2

I wish ND would allow just one person to complete a coop mission. Now that would be outstanding.

5. jjjkur

We should get a gold star for beating a certain number (if not all) arena maps on crushing. I love co op crushing, and Ive beaten a few on crashing already. I already have the silver star as well.

6.Wais45-Mak

They should give coop gold star to a person who completed all coop maps on crushing. Now that would be crazy!

7.tapantaola

In my opinion to get the Gold star, you should have to do the following:

1) All boosters upgraded to Gold status.

2) Buy all kickbacks/weapon mods/skin accessories/emblems/taunts.

3) All treasure sets completed.

4) All Co-op Arena/Shade/Adventure maps completed with only 2 players on Crushing.

5) Level up to Level 75/Legacy 5.

8.iceyfire54321

my idea: 100% the trophies (the new ones)

What do you think? That would be a real challenge, unlike the Silver star. :smileywink:

9.TheStuntDouble

Gold Star? I'm thinking you need to have everything. All mods, all golded boosters, all co-op adventure/arena maps on crushing (no DLC, unfair for the others), and win a number of Hunter games in a row (that's a toughie).

10. THE-ESCARIANT

Gold Star Requirements: 1:All Adventure maps completed on crushing including DLC 2:Legacy 5 Rank 75 3:1 Gold Tier ranking

11.Toxic156

- forum-based requirements. Creation of unique, constructive threads or some other form of grading that isn't post/kudos based will improve this community and expand its members.

- assists- yup, not kills, but assists. Having a high number requirement would help encourage teamwork and lessen the blow of "kill-stealing". Can be coo-op and/or competitive.

- weekly- similar to the tournament system, there would be weekly challenges that would grant those who complete them a gold star (in this case, there wouldbe 2 stars on the player's profile). They can include getting a certain number of stealth kills, high-5s, treasures, completing a game of co-op on a certain difficulty under time constraints, etc.

12. spyk28

Co-op gold star sould be awarded to the players that have Completed AL co-op maps on Crushing , with 2 players  

+

A Skeleton symbol instead of a star should be awarded to players with 100+ crushings or 1000+ hards

Gold Star Concepts:

Gold Gold Star copy.jpgGold Gold Star copy.jpg

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 97 (2,155 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13349 posts

Re: Co-op Gold Star

Jul 21, 2012

It's only a good idea if the maps are easier than Monastery and Fort.. Those maps are the most annoying maps I've ever played. Can't say I enjoy them one single bit. Nor did the many control pads that died due to those maps.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 97 (2,131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jul 21, 2012
Lol I Agree, Monastery RPG part is very annoying unless you have teammates that know what they are doing, it's the only map other than fort that I needed a third person to complete on crushing, I've beaten Airstrip and London with only 2 people without losing any lives (using a few secret tricks :smileytongue:) and with 3 people without the tricks. Syria I almost beat with only 2 people but I disconnected >:0
I Enjoyed all of the maps other than Monastery... Fort was fun but difficult, at least it wasn't as hard as Monastery :smileyvery-happy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 97 (2,109 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jul 21, 2012
If Anyone needs help getting the Co-Op star I'll help you just add my PSN. I enjoy adventure :smileyvery-happy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 97 (2,064 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

It's only a good idea if the maps are easier than Monastery and Fort.. Those maps are the most annoying maps I've ever played. Can't say I enjoy them one single bit. Nor did the many control pads that died due to those maps.

?? .... IMO, I think it should be harder. It makes perfect sense to have harder maps to achieve a gold star rather than silver. Silver in general was pretty easy (with the right team), and Monestary wasn't that hard. The only hard part on Fort was the djinn.

watchdogs
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 97 (2,062 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Jul 21, 2012
The gold star is a great idea. But if there is no new co-op dlc, I say you should get it by beating Fort on crushing along with 25+ crushing wins. Not too hard, not too easy. (btw you only get it AFTER you have silver star)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 97 (2,052 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Jul 21, 2012
They should make you do Adventures on two-player runs. That way, it'll actually mean something when someone has a star. Because right now, half the players who have one only got it by playing with two other good players. :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 97 (2,015 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jul 21, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

IMO, I think it should be harder.

I agree that any new maps should be harder, because the only difficult one was Monastery because of the RPG part. I want new maps to be difficult the whole way through so that you can only complete it on crushing if you have good teammates that work together like a team and don't rush ahead to get themselves killed. Teamwork should be the Key on Co-Op Adventure not selfishness or killing teammates because they steal your kill. Hopefully if Naughty Dog makes new maps the maps will be unique and interesting with a good story line but still difficult enough that you will need a good strategy to complete.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 97 (1,920 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jul 21, 2012

kratos_snake__ wrote:

Great Idea! That way if we don't get any new maps at least we can get rewarded more for completing the current maps and it might make some adventure players come back into adventure. If they did this, having a Gold Star would mean that you are a great adventure player that can complete the maps multiple times on crushing. The way it is now some people only have the star because they were lucky enough to late join on someone who was almost done beating crushing, or they had 2 good friends. I've played with people who had the star that just rush in and die or try to steal as many kills as possible :smileysad:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 97 (1,908 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jul 21, 2012

co-op will never be a "go to" experience.  NPCs are predictable and very unbelievable (sometimes unfair) of course if you play 300 matches of pure adventure only..it's going to get boring.  Same dialogue, same character movements, same everything.  It's just rinse and repeat.  The only reason I even played them was because I wanted the skeletons.  Sure it was more fun than U2's but it still got boring pretty fast when I wasn't just playing co-op.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 97 (1,898 Views)
0 Likes