Aug 09 2012
By: DrakeShepard Uncharted Territory 1179 posts

Co-Op Needs Fixing - 7 Issues Listed

[ Edited ]
78 replies 1509 views Edited Aug 22, 2012

Firstly NaughtyDog, I want to say you did a great job with patch 1.13 and improved the fixes with multiplayer. But I would like you guys to have a look at co-op too as that hardly ever gets attention. In previous patches only minor things have been changed e.g. fixed the choker glitch with the high five, and increased treasure drops. But they're are still more things to look at.

I've listed 7 things that I believe need to be fixed:

1. The Death Respawn Glitch

In Co-op Arena,  (Player 1 is downed, Player 2 dead and Player 3 still alive) , Player 3 has a chance to revive Player 1 but is being shot at while doing so, they revive Player 1 but gets killed. Player 1 is alive now and can run away but on the screen it says X number of lives left and restarts a round or finishes the game. This is a major problem as it registers all players are dead when in fact they're not. 

Another issue is when a player is waiting to respawn (with the option to spawn or spawn on buddy), but the round finishes and automatically spawns you back not losing a life. But 5 seconds later, after you moved around a bit, you're automatically respawned again with the game counting a loss in life.

2. Aim Assist Too Strong

I have often found the aim assist a bit useful in Co-op especially with long distanced targets, but at certain times it's very hard to control.

Example: There is a light soldier and an armored soldier close together, you aim for the light soldier but it goes straight to armored soldier. You move the aim towards the lighter soldier but the aim struggles to stay on armored soldier.

This can be quite annoying especially in higher difficulty modes.

3. Throwback Should Have More Priority

When a fellow teammate is downed, a grenade can be thrown next to them. We should at least be able to get rid of the grenade first before reviving but instead, when you press triangle, you end up reviving your teammate instead of throwing back the grenade.

4. Shotgun Range Over-Powered 

Armored Shotguns are able to kill you from at least 20 meters away, yet if you shot a light soldier with a shotgun the same distance, bearly any damage is done. Shotguns are close range weapons when we use them and that's how it should be but they shouldn't be middle range and kill you, doesn't make sense.

Also, when you're getting punched by an armored shotgun, they sometimes (not always) shoot and punch at the same time creating a much more damaging effect on your health.

5. Assist Reward Too Low

When shooting particular enemies, I think the assist money should be varied.

Example: In Crushing, you put a lot of damage into a Brute, your teammates comes along and puts in a few bullets into him which kills him which results him getting $2000 and you $25. This is really unfair. The assist money should be increased for different soldiers.

I think it should at least be:

(Crushing Money)

• Light Soldier - $160 & Assist: $50
  • Sniper, RPG & Armored - $400 & Assist: $100
  • Choker - $600 & Assist: $200
  • Boss - $800 & Assist: $300
  • Brute - $2000 & Assist: $800

Also many players are experiencing different cash rewards for killing the Brute on Crushing. The regular amount is usually $2000 but for some reason when they get the kill, the award is $1000, $1500 or $2500. Unless there is a specific reason for this I think this needs to be looked at as well.

6. Yoga Drake

In Co-op Adventure in Monastery, myself and many other are still experiencing the glitch where Drake is hovering in mid-air not moving. This results in players unable to progress to the next stage and have to restart the checkpoint. This happens after Drake is rescued in the church.

7. Not Enough Players = Complete Waste

Similar to Hunter, when you have players quitting the game , particularly towards the end of the game (Round 10, Last Checkpoint etc.), you get a message saying Not Enough Players and next thing you know is you're back in the lobby. Nothing gained, all the money and treasures collected are gone. Now this wasn't an issue in Uncharted 2, when the game didn't have enough players, you still got your reward. Why not in Uncharted 3?

These are the main things that I believe needs looking into. Don't forget you have a lot of committed co-op players and not just competitive players. It'll be nice if Co-op had a touch-up too.

pleaseguy  - NaughtyDog please fix co-op

Message 1 of 79 (1,509 Views)
Wastelander
724 posts

Re: Co-Op Needs Fixing - 7 Issues Listed

Aug 9, 2012
I agree with all except #3. But #1 is the biggest problem of them all without a doubt.
Message 2 of 79 (1,466 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

Aug 9, 2012

DrakeShepard wrote:

pleaseguy  - NaughtyDog please fix co-op

NO.    We're too lazy.

Message 3 of 79 (1,452 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Aug 9, 2012

DrakeShepard wrote:

In Co-op Arena,  (Player 1 is downed, Player 2 dead and Player 3 still alive) , Player 3 has a chance to revive Player 1 but is being shot at while doing so, they revive Player 1 but gets killed. Player 1 is alive now and can run away but on the screen it says X number of lives left and restarts a round or finishes the game. This is a major problem as it registers all players are dead when in fact they're not. 

•  ^This.
  • Militia Man boss is too strong.
  • Separate Survival from Gold Rush and Siege just like in U2.
  • Increase treasure drops on Crushing/Hard.
Message 4 of 79 (1,446 Views)
Survivor
2125 posts

Aug 9, 2012

You might want to add that the armored shotgunner can shoot you through walls and in the middle of a melee as well.

Message 5 of 79 (1,442 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Kudo for you. Strongly agree with 1 and 5. Don't really care about Hunter though.
Message 6 of 79 (1,429 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
231 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

I've made a similar thread to this, but I'd doubt ND are going to really do anything to co-op.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Multiplayer-General/Co-op-arena-suggestions-to-improve-the-ga...

Message 7 of 79 (1,420 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Aug 9, 2012

DrakeShepard wrote:

Firstly NaughtyDog, I want to say you did a great job with patch 1.13 and improved the fixes with multiplayer. But I would like you guys to have a look at co-op too as that hardly ever gets attention. In previous patches only minor things have been changed e.g. fixed the choker glitch with the high five, and increased treasure drops. But they're are still more things to look at.

I've listed 7 things that I believe need to be fixed:

Another issue is when a player is waiting to respawn (with the option to spawn or spawn on buddy), but the round finishes and automatically spawns you back not losing a life. But 5 seconds later, after you moved around a bit, you're automatically respawned again with the game counting a loss in life.

2. Aim Assist Too Strong

I have often found the aim assist a bit useful in Co-op especially with long distanced targets, but at certain times it's very hard to control.

Example: There is a light soldier and an armored soldier close together, you aim for the light soldier but it goes straight to armored soldier. You move the aim towards the lighter soldier but the aim struggles to stay on armored soldier.

This can be quite annoying especially in higher difficulty modes.

3. The Carpet Bomb Boss

All bosses are challenging, no problem about that, but the Carpet Bomb Boss is a little unfair. When you get downed either by one of his grenades or being shot at, the next thing that happens is he throws the carpet bomb at you while you're downed. Your teammates may be on the other side of him, but he doesn't go to them like the other bosses and soldiers do when you get downed, he makes sure you don't get revived? You might as well hit suicide if that's the case, making it quite unfair.

4. Shotgun Range Over-Powered 

Armored Shotguns are able to kill you from at least 20 meters away, yet if you shot a light soldier with a shotgun the same distance, bearly any damage is done. Shotguns are close range weapons when we use them and that's how it should be but they shouldn't be middle range and kill you, doesn't make sense.

5. Assist Reward Too Low

When shooting particular enemies, I think the assist money should be varied.

Example: In Crushing, you put a lot of damage into a Brute, your teammates comes along and puts in a few bullets into him which kills him which results him getting $2000 and you $25. This is really unfair. The assist money should be increased for different soldiers.

I think it should at least be:

(Crushing Money)

• Light Soldier - $160 & Assist: $50
  • Sniper, RPG & Armored - $400 & Assist: $100
  • Choker - $600 & Assist: $200
  • Boss - $800 & Assist: $300
  • Brute - $2000 & Assist: $800

6. Yoga Drake

In Co-op Adventure in Monastery, myself and many other are still experiencing the glitch where Drake is hovering in mid-air not moving. This results in players unable to progress to the next stage and have to restart the checkpoint. This happens after Drake is rescued in the church.

7. Please Don't Quit Hunter

When an opposing team quits Co-op Hunter after playing a long time, the entire match ends with you (after getting a treasure or a lot of cash) losing everything gained. This is a waste of time then for players if this keeps happening. Also if your teammate quits, you're on your own for the entire match which clearly predicts that you're not going to win.

At least put in a joining game option for this.

These are the main things that I believe needs looking into. Don't forget you have a lot of committed co-op players and not just competitive players. It'll be nice if Co-op had a touch-up too.

1. It's purely lag and coincidence involved. No real way to fix this, they only way it could be fixed would break the game even further leaving it to be exploitable.

2. Very annoying, aim assist should just be a toggle-able option, 'nuff said.

3. Well, you can always use Team Safe and avoid being knocked down by explosions and manage to get away. I think all the enemies are fine in terms of 'fairness.' It is called Crushing for a reason, you know. Smiley Tongue

4. Very much agree on this one. The range is INSANELY over powered, much like the KAL-7's, predominately on Airport. They can literally SNIPE you with KAL-7's on that map (rooftop soliders).

5. This comes to mind mainly in Shad Survival Mode, it does need an enemy based ranking system.

6. One of the many glitches in Co-Op that break the game, needs to be fixed ASAP.

7. Don't really care about Hunter seeing as it isn't a good mode whatsoever.

Message 8 of 79 (1,399 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7021 posts

Aug 9, 2012

I agree with everything except three. When you play Crushing Co-op enemies always go out of their way to grenade you after you are downed. I've had snipers down me and then immediately throw a grenade at me. What needs to be replaced with number three, is grenade throwback having priority over revives. I often try to throw back a grenade that is by a downed teammate and instead end up reviving them and we both get killed.

Message 9 of 79 (1,390 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Aug 9, 2012

I was expecting at least some co-op recognition in 1.13, but at the same time, I wasn't surprised when they didn't address anything.

All they've really done is added a boring game mode and fixed the issue where chokers don't get you in the high five position (which, sometimes, still does work).

Something needs to be done. There are so many bugs that have gone unfixed, and co-op Arena does get stale after awhile.

I don't even bother asking about Hunter, that mode is so far gone.

I would love co-op fixes any day, and maybe some new Adventure maps.

Message 10 of 79 (1,373 Views)
0 Likes