Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Nov 03 2012
By: JD-- Survivor 2290 posts
Online

Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas

[ Edited ]
48 replies 457 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

Some of the kickbacks in the Co-Op portion of the game are somewhat poorly delivered in the game. It can't simply be a copy and paste kind of job from Competitive to Co-Op. Here are some changes to the kickbacks that would make them more suitable for Co-Op:

 

Army of Three:

 

This kickback isn't in Competitive, but the time is a bit small, even with Kickback Endurance - Gold on. I believe it should be updated to last 35-40 seconds. That way with Gold we can get almost a minute of the kickback.

 

Quick Boom:

 

Quick Boom is significantly under used and deserves a bit more "oomph." The Quickboom grenades should have the damage of two grenades.

 

Mega Bomb:

 

The Mega Bomb is SERIOUSLY weak. It takes at least 3 to kill ONE armored enemy. The range is great, but the power is seriously inferior to that of the AI's Mega Bomb.

 

Juggernaut:

 

This kickback needs some tweaking, the duration should be increased to 30 seconds and allow the ability to roll. Countless times I've seen people get stuck in an endless melee animation with this kickback activated.

 

Carpet Bomb:

 

This kickback NEVER gets used. I think that a way to make it somewhat better would be to increase the power of the grenades to double the damage of a single grenade. That way the power would be of 6 grenades but only 3 grenades present.

 

Riot Shield:

 

The Riot Shield itself is already useless and the only use I can find for it is when I glitch with it. Maybe refill our pistol's ammo when upon activation would up its use.

 

Sniper:

 

5 bullets doesn't cut it for major enemies. 10 would be more suiting.

 

Shottie: (far-zan)

 

6 shots just simply isn't enough. Isn't it 10 medals? Well, 12 would be a lovely ammo buff.

 

 

 

That's all I can think of right now, but if you happen to know about any more changes that would help improve the kickbacks of Co-Op, let me know. Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 49 (457 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

JD-- wrote:

Some of the kickbacks in the Co-Op portion of the game are somewhat poorly delivered in the game. It can't simply be a copy and paste kind of job from Competitive to Co-Op. Here are some changes to the kickbacks that would make them more suitable for Co-Op:

 

Army of Three:

 

This kickback isn't in Competitive, but the time is a bit small, even with Kickback Endurance - Gold on. I believe it should be updated to last 35-40 seconds. That way with Gold we can get almost a minute of the kickback.

 


I do not agree as it helps the whole team which often equates to a extra 300% of damage during the time period.

 

Quick Boom:

 

Quick Boom is significantly under used and deserves a bit more "oomph." The Quickboom grenades should have the damage of two grenades.

 

I don't agree as it is 'the Cluster Bomb of Shades mode.' But if this hopeful fix did not affect Shades then sure.

 

Message 2 of 49 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/06/2012
Offline
2602 posts
 

Re: Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas

Nov 3, 2012

To fix the Sniper, it's pretty simple.

 

Just replace the T-BOLT with a twenty-round Dragon.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png


I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 3 of 49 (435 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas

Nov 3, 2012

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

To fix the Sniper, it's pretty simple.

 

Just replace the T-BOLT with a twenty-round Dragon.


Maybe not 20 rounds but replace with a dragon.

 

Message 4 of 49 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/26/2010
Online
2290 posts
 

Re: Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas

Nov 3, 2012

munnsy1 wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Some of the kickbacks in the Co-Op portion of the game are somewhat poorly delivered in the game. It can't simply be a copy and paste kind of job from Competitive to Co-Op. Here are some changes to the kickbacks that would make them more suitable for Co-Op:

 

Army of Three:

 

This kickback isn't in Competitive, but the time is a bit small, even with Kickback Endurance - Gold on. I believe it should be updated to last 35-40 seconds. That way with Gold we can get almost a minute of the kickback.

 


I do not agree as it helps the whole team which often equates to a extra 300% of damage during the time period.

 

Quick Boom:

 

Quick Boom is significantly under used and deserves a bit more "oomph." The Quickboom grenades should have the damage of two grenades.

 

I don't agree as it is 'the Cluster Bomb of Shades mode.' But if this hopeful fix did not affect Shades th

 


Army of Three needs a bit more time to deal the massive amount of damage. I'm only asking for, at the most, 10 seconds. Nothing game breaking.

 

Quick Boom rarely is used and of course it wouldn't affect the enemies' grenades. :/

Message 5 of 49 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/26/2010
Online
2290 posts
 

Re: Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas

Nov 3, 2012

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

To fix the Sniper, it's pretty simple.

 

Just replace the T-BOLT with a twenty-round Dragon.


That would be lovely. But if they cannot code it, just up the ammo count and I will be happy.

Message 6 of 49 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/31/2012
Offline
187 posts
 

Re: Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas

Nov 3, 2012

Many of the co-op kickbacks were meant to be used in Hunter Arena.

Message 7 of 49 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/26/2010
Online
2290 posts
 

Re: Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas

Nov 3, 2012

tln_SWE wrote:

Many of the co-op kickbacks were meant to be used in Hunter Arena.


I see, well in that case, Arena and Hunter Arena should be different. Hunter Arena BARELY gets any play time.. and it's broken already. So, yeah, scrap hunter and replace it with Survival only Co-Op Arena. :smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 49 (418 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas

Nov 3, 2012

JD-- wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Some of the kickbacks in the Co-Op portion of the game are somewhat poorly delivered in the game. It can't simply be a copy and paste kind of job from Competitive to Co-Op. Here are some changes to the kickbacks that would make them more suitable for Co-Op:

 

Army of Three:

 

This kickback isn't in Competitive, but the time is a bit small, even with Kickback Endurance - Gold on. I believe it should be updated to last 35-40 seconds. That way with Gold we can get almost a minute of the kickback.

 


I do not agree as it helps the whole team which often equates to a extra 300% of damage during the time period.

 

Quick Boom:

 

Quick Boom is significantly under used and deserves a bit more "oomph." The Quickboom grenades should have the damage of two grenades.

 

I don't agree as it is 'the Cluster Bomb of Shades mode.' But if this hopeful fix did not affect Shades th

 


Army of Three needs a bit more time to deal the massive amount of damage. I'm only asking for, at the most, 10 seconds. Nothing game breaking.

 

Quick Boom rarely is used and of course it wouldn't affect the enemies' grenades. :/


Still not sold on this idea as it is already one of the best kickbacks, maybe increasing Kicback Endurance's effeect across the board.

 

I meant the shades mode.

 

Message 9 of 49 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Online
2179 posts
 

Re: Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas

Nov 3, 2012

JD-- wrote:

tln_SWE wrote:

Many of the co-op kickbacks were meant to be used in Hunter Arena.


I see, well in that case, Arena and Hunter Arena should be different. Hunter Arena BARELY gets any play time.. and it's broken already. So, yeah, scrap hunter and replace it with Survival only Co-Op Arena. :smileyhappy:


Survival ONLY Co-op Arena would instantly become my most played mode if they implemented it. But ND doesn't have any plans for Co-op sadly, so we can only dream :smileysad:

Message 10 of 49 (412 Views)
0 Likes