Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Re: Co Op Hunter Arena - Red-headed stepchild of Uncharted?

Jul 23, 2012

KakashiFan2 wrote:
Has anyone actually finished a hunter game? I have not once, everyone quits before the game finishes.

I finished two full games, both as a single player against a two-man party.  I managed to score only 3 idols, and got ONE treasure drop despite 140 kills or so.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 31 of 40 (9,934 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Jul 23, 2012
I have finished four matches of Hunter.

Two of them were customs with Lowest, and the other two were me boosting treasures with three other guys.

So no, no completed Hunter games in pubs. Apparently Hunter's just the most rage-inducing mode in the game and people will quit out faster than a speeding bullet.
Message 32 of 40 (9,920 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Most of the issue is that people go in as Hunters, and they have a Para 9.  The heroes have weapons with FOUR WORKING MODS, and just slaughter them.   They think: screw this... and they leave, without waiting for the switch in sides.

It's not suppoed to be balanced, it's suppoed to be a "I do it, then you do it, who's best" game.

But people don't get past part one.

Message 33 of 40 (9,910 Views)
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Jul 23, 2012

I love co-op hunter arena easiest way to finish Treasure sets. Got almost all the sets done within 10 hours

Message 34 of 40 (9,900 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Jul 23, 2012

I remember my first time playing Hunter:

"What is this crap?"

The unbalanced teams cripple it and the rage quitting destroys it. And I have to play (suffer) through this game mode to get treasures? I think Hunter Arena is a great idea, just greatly flawed.

Message 35 of 40 (9,892 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Honestly. When the mode is played right by two teams of people it's easily the best addition to the game.

But all the issues in the way of that easily make it the worst.

If I was in charge of this game and it's playlists right now, I'd remove Hunter co-op. Work on it extensively, re-release for Uncharted 4 or as a lab in the future.

Message 36 of 40 (9,889 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6879 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Hey, I've been reading these forums for a while now, and thought I should try to post my thoughts.

In my opinion, Hunter is probably the most fun mode there is... that is if you find people that won't quit. I think that the reason it is hard to find a decent game anymore is that once one team gains an advantage, it is really hard to make a comeback.

Once the heroes plant one treasure, they can get access to their kickbacks, depending on which ones they are it will make it significantly harder for the villians. Not to mention their overpowered guns. If they can avoid getting killed by the hunters then they have nothing to worry about if they don't allow them to get any medals and get no better than a pistol or AK. If they have back in the saddle, the don't even have to care about dying with a 1 second respawn compared to the villians 11 second.

On the flipside, once the villians get the shotgun early on, they can easily kill the heroes over and over again. Also once the NPCs start piling up, it becomes increasingly difficult for the heroes to do almost anything. Most Hunters will down one hero, camp, then jump the 2nd hero who tries saving him.

Thing is, once the heroes/Villians gain these advantages it is near impossible for the other side to do anything for the 5 minutes in the round. Usually leading to the disadvantaged side ragequitting because it really is no fun getting mauled and knowing you got no chance.

I personally have played Hunter quite a bit and finished tons of matches, but lately it is unplayable with ragequitters. It is hands down the best mode, but at the same time, the worst mode in this multiplayer in my opinion with its concept and flaws.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 37 of 40 (9,881 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4323 posts

Jul 23, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:
Hunter Arena - Great concept, poorly executed

Hunter Arena - Poor concept, atrociously executed.

Message 38 of 40 (9,872 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

As a few other people have said, I think Hunter is pretty fun when played correctly and when people aren't rage quitting.

When you're a villain, you're not supposed to try to face the heroes face to face. The best thing to do is be a little patient and go for stealth kills. Hiding and waiting for someone carrying the idol to pass, then get them from behind. You get 2 medals in one kill, and the other hero can't revive him. Even if you die to the other guy there afterwards, you already have a sawed-off shotgun.

It only really fails when you're playing against high levels who are good at the mode and will keep checking behind them to watch out for stealth killers, which usually won't happen very often nowadays with mostly treasure farmers and noobs.

Another good tip is to wait for them to get into a melee battle with one of the AI enemies then just blindfire them with the sidearm, or if you have a long gun, just shoot them from a distance. If you're good with a Sniper, once you get access to that, it gets a lot easier.

Message 39 of 40 (9,870 Views)
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Jul 23, 2012
Both the"dude" guys, great posts. Thanks.

Message 40 of 40 (9,862 Views)
0 Likes