Highlighted
Feb 24 2013
By: JD-- Fender Bender 2290 posts

Co-Op Completion Tokens

[ Edited ]
24 replies 752 views Edited Feb 27, 2013

I've been playing Borderlands2 quite heavily recently and I was playing one of the DLC's in which you could be rewarded a brand-new currency in which to purchase new items from a very specific vendor. I thought to myself, wouldn't that be cool in Uncharted 3's Co-Op?

Basically, what I imagine to happen is that when you complete a level in Adventure or Arena you'd get a "Completion Token" for your efforts; that is, depending on which difficulty you play on and complete the level under. These "Tokens" could then be used to purchase very certain, albeit, rewarding items once you've accumulated enough for your sought after item. To acquire these items, you would have to play and complete a level and receive tokens based on which you complete it on:

• Easy = 2 Completion Token
  • Normal = 3 Completion Tokens
  • Hard = 4 Completion Tokens
  • Crushing = 5 Completion Tokens

The items could rage from so very many things and I have so many in my head that it may prove difficult to write them all down. However, the items wouldn't prove to be game breaking or give some supe advantages that would make the game unbearably grueling to play. Nothing like Situational Awareness. Smiley Wink

Here's a nice little list of what items could potentially be bought with these valuable little trinkets:

• Drake's AK Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Navarro's AK Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Eddy's AK Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Jade's AK Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Flynn's G-MAL Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Roman's G-MAL Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Elena's G-MAL Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Marlowe's M9 Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Flynn's M9 Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Jade's M9 Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Chloe's M9 Skin (25 Completion Tokens)
  • Drake's Para-9 Skin (20 Completion Tokens)
  • Marlowe's Para-9 Skin (20 Completion Tokens)
  • Jade's Para-9 Skin (20 Completion Tokens)

Most of these rewards can easily be gathered for most Co-Op Veterans, so, there would, of course, need to be more "not-so-easily-obtainable" rewards for "others":

• Golden-AK (100 Completion Tokens)
  • Golden-G-MAL (100 Completion Tokens)
  • Golden-M9 (100 Completion Tokens)
  • Golden-Para-9 (100 Completion Tokens)
  • Golden Power Weapons - M-32 Hammer, TAU-Sniper, Wes-44, PAK-80, RPG, MAG-5, etc. (400 Completion Tokens)

Then, there could be those super rare items that could be acquired by the most perserverant Co-Op'ers:

• Crushing Crushing mode - a mode in Adventure where all characters models are replaced with Doughnut skins, could prove for some interesting moments, say, the Syria Tower Climb? (150 Completion Tokens)
  • Time Trial Mode - a mode in Adventure that you could purchase to test your ability to get through the chapters as quickly as possible. This could also, in turn, grant BONUS Completion Tokens for players that beat the qualifying times for each level. Maybe a 5-20 bonus token award? (250 Completion Tokens)
  • One-Man-Army Mode - a mode where one individual player tries to take on the ENTIRE level by him/herself with chokers removed, of course. The other 2 players may still start the game with the player but will be dumped into spectator mode. (250 Completion Tokens)
  • Melee only Mode - a mode where everyone's weapons are empty and only melee's can be done to kill enemies. This obviously would have to render the Armored enemies without helmets and remove Chokers, PAK-80 Brutes, and Bosses. (300 Completion Tokens)
  • Mirror World Mode - a mode that simply flips the entire game in the opposite direction making the entire level appear "mirrored." (100 Completion Tokens)
  • Djinn Adventure Mode - a mode where all enemies are replaced with Djinn, they obviously wouldn't have the health of the actual Djinn, just have the appearance of such. (250 Completion Tokens)
  • Super Survival Mode - a mode where this will be the ultimate test of Uncharted 3 co-op prowess. No lives, so if you die, you're dead for good and the revive timeslot for teammates is halved. 20 grueling rounds where you'll have to battle every enemy type (including some new to co-op like the Guardians and Descendants) plus face off against some Uncharted faces like Flynneddy in boss rounds. The climax (and the only round where dead teammates will respawn) is a battle against you and your teammates' deadly mirror selves (think Dark Link from Zelda). (500 Completion Tokens) (as posted by: I-Like-Pie45)
  • Devious Arena Mode - a mode that will grant you the long requested ability to bring your favorite villain or custom baddie into the fray! As an aesthetic change due to the villains replacing the heroes in this mode, the enemy pirate models are replaced with the Bedouins. (150 Completion Tokens) (as posted by : I-Like-Pie45)
  • Your Own Co-Op Adventure - a mode where it's an entirely new campaign with five new missions starring none other than your custom heroes. The cutscenes and dialogue are all removed from the adventure levels just to not mess with the storyline and what not. Each checkpoint renders a black screen for an elapsed time of 5-10 seconds and then the checkpoints load as if "respawned" and you keep all lives and inventory. (300 Completion Tokens) (as posted by: I-Like-Pie45)

These items would REALLY improve the replayability for Co-Op, especially Adventure. I would love to try and combine all of these modes at one time, imagiine Djinn, Doughnut enemies running around melee'ing each other. Smiley Tongue These are most, if not all, of the ideas I could conjure up. If you have any more brilliant ideas to add to the list, just leave a reply briefly explaining what it is and add a Completion Token cost and I'll throw it up on the list.

Thanks for reading, Co-Op on. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 25 (752 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Re: Co-Op Completion Tokens - Another Idea

Feb 24, 2013

Message 2 of 25 (743 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 24, 2013

ND should fire Ricky Cambier and hire JD as a Co-op Game Designer for UC4 MP.

Sorry Mr. Cambier, but you're not really fit for this job...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 25 (741 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Feb 24, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Me, JD, Sleaze and also the tech man Tap should replace ND lol

Message 4 of 25 (733 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Feb 24, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Hey hey, let's not go pointing any fingers or throwing around accusations, here. He has the job and I do commend him for doin such a great job as to where the Co-Op mode(s) are at this point.

BUT,

It could be SO much more, I wish he and his team would take the time to notice that.

Message 5 of 25 (729 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Replying 2 original post--

Love these ideas you have!! JD you are super awesome--
I think you may want the numbers tweaked on values, I think maybe you should only get tokens for hard and above firstly, to help this whole thing last a lot longer, the token idea, and only one token for one completion of adv. on hard, so on and so forth. Just my opinion, but I would also say change the character gun buy amount to a larger number too, like say 25 or more for each weapon. I just think it would help because really this could all be done so easily from my perspective, and although I play this game everyday, I've never actually beat one adventure on crushing, although I usually don't ever try. I have friends who do and hear a lot of feedback from them. - this is just what I was thinking after reading this, so I thought I should get my ideas out. I mean no offense in commenting, kudos!
Message 6 of 25 (719 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Great idea JD, too bad ND doesn't care about us :'(

This would be an amazing addition to Co-op and give us something to work towards Smiley Very Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 7 of 25 (706 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Feb 24, 2013

DooDooDaggers wrote:
Replying 2 original post--

Love these ideas you have!! JD you are super awesome--
I think you may want the numbers tweaked on values, I think maybe you should only get tokens for hard and above firstly, to help this whole thing last a lot longer, the token idea, and only one token for one completion of adv. on hard, so on and so forth. Just my opinion, but I would also say change the character gun buy amount to a larger number too, like say 25 or more for each weapon. I just think it would help because really this could all be done so easily from my perspective, and although I play this game everyday, I've never actually beat one adventure on crushing, although I usually don't ever try. I have friends who do and hear a lot of feedback from them. - this is just what I was thinking after reading this, so I thought I should get my ideas out. I mean no offense in commenting, kudos!

I greatly appreciate your feedback and thanks! Smiley Very Happy

The values are some quick estimates I threw around in my head on the spot just to get a foundation. I don't think players should be rewarded Completion Tokens for Hard mode completions and up, reason being, some players cannot complete Hard or Crushing modes, quite frankily, because it's too difficult for them. I want players to be able to complete and purchase these rewards regardless of which mode they prefer. However, it will take a reasonably longer time to acquire the necessary tokens to purchase their items, they can still, eventually, do it.

The prices for the weapons do need to be increased, I do see what you mean. I will take that into consideration and update them accordingly, watch for it soon!

Crushing isn't so bad once you get down a fullproof plan of attack and even defense. Here's a lovely guide if you need help completing Co-Op on Crushing that I wrote myself with my good cousin, AliMakaveli:

*-=JD--'s Ultimate Co-Op Guide=-*

I don't take any offence in your comment! Your feedback is IMMENSELY appreciated, you have no idea.

Thanks, JD.

Message 8 of 25 (704 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Feb 24, 2013
*To add to my previous post

Right now the only thing keeping Co-op alive and fresh is the Co-Op tournaments. The only people putting an effort towards Co-Op is us, the players.

The 'Big Patch' is coming Tuesday, I really hope they don't ignore Co-op again. Maybe they will actually surprise us and give us something new Smiley Wink

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 9 of 25 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 24, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
*To add to my previous post

Right now the only thing keeping Co-op alive and fresh is the Co-Op tournaments. The only people putting an effort towards Co-Op is us, the players.

The 'Big Patch' is coming Tuesday, I really hope they don't ignore Co-op again. Maybe they will actually surprise us and give us something new Smiley Wink

Did they confirm it's coming this Tuesday?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 25 (693 Views)
0 Likes