Fender Bender
3424 posts

Re: Co-Op: Co-Op Rises

Dec 28, 2012
I'm new here, but I love Co-op I think what they should do to lure back a lot of new players is give out FREE DLC Map Packs atleast one Free Competitive & Co-Op Map pack won't do much harm to there finances . Just Saying.
Message 31 of 38 (280 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 28, 2012
Trust me bro on this: ND will only support Deathmatch-based game modes.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 32 of 38 (278 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Dec 28, 2012
I don't see anything he mentioned that can be perceived as good news. He never said they'd work more on it if the player pool in co-op increased. He said it was VERY unlikely they'd have resources free up because they have "a lot more in store for the MP than just co-op".

The statement he gave you was like a girl saying she has a boyfriend but might go out with you if she was single. Actually, I made a similar comparison when the whole hit-box issue was addressed. Very similar situation ans response. Look what happened to that.
Message 33 of 38 (277 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 28, 2012
I'm guessing he restated "Hypothetically speaking, we'll fix co-op but lolno."
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 34 of 38 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 28, 2012
I'm a huge fan and supporter of Co-op!! I love co-op..it's a way to have some fun and smth magical that competitive cant give you...i have help like 20 people to get the star (friends and random)..so if anyone wants to have fan with me doing crazy stuff on U3 co-op just hit me a message or friend invite and we'll start the party Smiley Happy P.S.= I hope that this will help co-op to rise up again VIVA LA CO-OP Smiley Very Happy
Message 35 of 38 (247 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Since you have Naughty Dog's attention, could you suggest something else to them?
Villains in Co-Op. I want to use my custom villain in Arena, and I can't. It's drivin' me nuts.
Just imagine: Drake, Flynn, and Chloe!
Message 36 of 38 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jan 31, 2013
I use Team Safe, Regeneration, and Cluster Bomb. Enemies are super weak in Co-Op, and you can obliterate a crowd of 'em with it. Good against Brutes too.
Feel free to add me for Co-Op, but I may not be on for a few more days. Internet's on the fritz.
Message 37 of 38 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14387 posts

Jan 31, 2013

The problem with co-op and why the numbers are low... I'm a supporter for co-op, i'll support competitive too, but the issue with co-op lies with the majority of people who will quit co-op are those who stay in the public matchmaking.

Imagine this:

You buy your new Uncharted game, you load up co-op, your teammates leave you to pick up the idol and carry it at all times, okay that may be not so bad.

But the crime of all co-op crimes in this game is when siege hits. Your teammates run around killing everything leaving you in a zone, alone, probably going to die soon too because they are so far away to even help you, plus since they are busy thinking for themselves who said they would have helped you anyway.

This player now thinks.. okay co-op is full of these people and never returns to co-op.

As I pointed out previously, ND killed co-op by merging the modes, If I was a new player is siege explanatory? NO.. It's not. it gives you an icon and thats it.. Most people turn off the hints, I didn't with this game but most the time I actually do turn them off with new games.

Gold Rush isn't even easy to understand if your someone who stays around deathmatch based games. Without plundering experience your not going to understand what those icons even mean and they aren't even that big it takes me some time to see where they even are. If you had a smaller TV, mine is 52 inch I imagine it would be even harder to see.

Which led me to this:

I also posted it in the UCTV thread, which you can find in my signature on the clickable text, We need more videos to educate the newer player about co-op.

I finished a round of co-op on easy the other day.. Okay not that impressive.. But I did do everything myself, kinda, my teammates had very very low scores because they evaded the siege zones... LOL I got like $40,000 on easy and that should NEVER even be possible.

We need more tutorials on UCTV, that goes for other modes too, the newer player will have UCTV on, so it's vitally important that these sort of videos, hell maybe not even mine, anyone's that will help people to play correctly should be positioned on that and allow them to learn while they wait for a match of sorts.

The only way co-op's player pool will improve is by having players who play correctly, it's a constant irritation to play with people who have no interest in playing the game correctly or simply don't understand how to (I'm forgiving of the latter but not the people who just wont play right).

Message 38 of 38 (190 Views)