Cliffy B says Uncharted 3 is the most disappointing game of this gen

21 replies 796 views Edited Sep 27, 2012
Message 1 of 22 (796 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Re: Cliffy B says Uncharted 3 is the most disappointing game of this gen

Sep 27, 2012

I love how he complains about the game being linear. Honestly, this whole idea of linear and scripted games being garbage needs to die faster than my heartbeat.

I LOVE Scripted linear adventure games. Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2, God of War III and MGS4 are all games that I put WAY above any title ive played and the first playthrough of these games are so kept dearly to my heart and shaped me as a person in ways that living into the world by making my own choices can NOT do. I can totally appreciate the idea of an open world and choices based game, I can. BUT there is nothing I love more than to have a developer pour out a heartful adventure where he holds my hand and tells me a wonderful story. I just LOVE it.

Cliffys idea about the open world Uncharted MULTIPLAYER would be cool, no doubt. But this is not the Uncharted we know and love. If ND wants to take it there, I have full faith in them and surely it can be amazing. But when it comes to the singleplayer: Hold my hand and show me Drakes life. Show me greatness, from small beginnings.

Atleast the Uncharted series annihilates Gears when it comes to the overall story telling which is something I value highly. Story itself, is very subjective so I won't even go there.

In short (tl:dr) =>
His critique was rather bad.

Message 2 of 22 (779 Views)
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 27, 2012
All the people crapping on this game is why it took so long for me to pick up this title. It's worse than UC2 my arse. They are all wrong. The campaign is frickin' amazing.
Message 3 of 22 (772 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I held back on getting this game because of the reviews and boy were they wrong. Uncharted 3 may be the greatest platformer ever made. Some parts of this game were absolutely mind blowing. My jaw actually dropped at a couple of the game. I actually liked it a little better than Uncharted 2. This game surely pushed the PS3 to the edge of it's capabilities and it shows. Yes, it's a little bit too linear for my liking but that's just the way most Uncharted games are.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 4 of 22 (761 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Sep 29, 2012

You held back on this game due to reviews? Are you **bleep** kidding me?

Your standards must be insane if you think (based on metacritic) that 96 positive reviews and 1 mixed makes you hold back. Game has an average of 92/100!!! It has over 20 perfect scores and has recieved over 170 awards by media outlets.

What world are we living in, jesus.

The people that make the game seem "bad" is a vocal minority. They are loud to present their opinion and it makes it feel as if everyone is hating on the game. It's always been the case when it comes to video games and forums.

Message 5 of 22 (725 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Sep 29, 2012

semajmarc87 wrote:

I held back on getting this game because of the reviews and boy were they wrong.

If i was going to get Castlevania: Lords of Shadow because of its reviews, i wouldn't. But the game is awesome.

It's just a matter of opinion, i think you should never trust any reviews, most of the reviewers didn't even play the game to the end, it's more like a "first thoughts" video instead of a review. Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 22 (717 Views)
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Aldro wrote:

You held back on this game due to reviews? Are you **bleep** kidding me?

Your standards must be insane if you think (based on metacritic) that 96 positive reviews and 1 mixed makes you hold back. Game has an average of 92/100!!! It has over 20 perfect scores and has recieved over 170 awards by media outlets.

What world are we living in, jesus.

The people that make the game seem "bad" is a vocal minority. They are loud to present their opinion and it makes it feel as if everyone is hating on the game. It's always been the case when it comes to video games and forums.

it was more of a combination of less than stellar reviews (i don't use metacritic...only word of mouth), issues* I have w/ the choices made, and the fact that there were so many great games last winter.  By the time uc3 released my gaming budget was fried.

*never have and never will support the 3d gimmick.  p2p=bad news.

Message 7 of 22 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Sep 30, 2012

What a terrible article!  And who the F is "Cliffy-b?"  Essentailly the article refrains from getting into specifics.  According to the Rhodes Scholar "Cliffy-B" the title was "Disappointing," or "let him down."  Great.  Thanks for going into all that detail about what you do and don't like.  Really well laid out! 

What a joke. 

Take Cliffy-B and shove em right back under the rock he crawled out from under. 

Message 8 of 22 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2480 posts

Sep 30, 2012

He doesn't know what makes a great game. He's probably a multiplayer only gamer, convinced that CoD are the best game games ever and the graphics are amazing

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 9 of 22 (680 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Oct 6, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

What a terrible article!  And who the F is "Cliffy-b?"  Essentailly the article refrains from getting into specifics.  According to the Rhodes Scholar "Cliffy-B" the title was "Disappointing," or "let him down."  Great.  Thanks for going into all that detail about what you do and don't like.  Really well laid out! 

What a joke. 

Take Cliffy-B and shove em right back under the rock he crawled out from under. 

He was part of the development team for the Gears of War games

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 10 of 22 (601 Views)
0 Likes