Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Re: Classic Mode- How to Make it Better! :) (*Scooby snacks inside*)

Oct 26, 2012

Zataoa wrote:

scoobycool wrote:

Sorry, I ate all the Scooby snacks. Mwahaha. Not sure if a thread has already been made on something like this, but I just woke up, it's 7am, and my eyes burn whenever I look at this bright screen so I'm not gonna scroll down to see. Sorry! :smileyhappy:

Anyway, I left Uncharted 3 nearly 2 months ago (stopped playing regulary on September 2nd), due to a number of problems I that I really don't want to get in to. And top of that, the game didn't just seem fun to me anymore.

..and then Classic Mode arrived!..

Talk about UC2 nostalgia, this brings back so many memores and I feel like I'm playing Uncharted 2 again! My personal favourite multiplayer game. Unfortuanly there are a few little issues in Classic Mode which are either ruining or not making the Classic experience as fun.

Sprint - Now this can turn into a controversial debate between many, and I'm sure Naughty Dog, myself, and other forumers would love to hear your reasoning. But I personally think that removing Sprint from Classic Mode would make it a whole lot better. The whole point of Classic Mode is to bring back that UC2 feel that all those hardcore Uncharted players love. Whilst Sprint is a great feature and great addition to the Uncharted universe, I don't think it should be in a "Classic" mode. It just ruins the feel of the whole UC2 vibe you get when playing Classic Mode. But I know a lot of people are going to debate on this, and once again I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Throwback Grenades and Revenge - Now this is where it gets complicated. Not being able to throwback grenades in Classic Mode is actually a really great feature! Unfortuanly a lot of people out there love pissing other people off... and so therefore, they use Revenge. As much as I love how you can't throwback grenades (once again, brings back that UC2 feel), I think the Throwback tweak should be turned On for Classic Mode.. or at least partially. If possible, Naughty Dog, being able to throwback Revenge grenades and ONLY Revenge grenades would be absolutely wonderful. The no throwback feature is too great to be removed, but Revenge Lvl3 is a pain. Especially if your a stealth-lover like me. Not sure if it's possible for Naughty Dog to make it so you can only throwback Revenge grenades and no other grenades. But if it is possible.. please consider!

Stat Hats - Unfortuanly, Stat Hars work in Classic Mode. Like many others, I honestly think that the addition of Stat Hats to UC3 multiplayer was not a very smart idea. But putting them in Classic Mode is just a big no-no for me :smileyhappy: . Im not going to go to much into this. Just going to quicky say that the See-through-wall and Headshot stat hats should go to hell.. and never come back :smileyhappy: . Naughty Dog, dont let using these Stat Hats evolve. Sooner or later everyone is going to hate certain Stat Hats as much as the Situational Awareness booster from UC2.

Gun Mods & maybe Gun Skins (?) - As a regular Rapid Hands and Down the Irons user from Uncharted 2, not being able to use certain mods on my AK-47 and Para 9 is a pain. I don`t think I need to go into this as much as the other suggestions I made above, but the addition of being able to put modifications onto your gun would be cool. Not being able to reload fast definitelly sucks. Also (I tested this out and it doesn't work), not being able to use skins from guns suck as Navarro's AK and Drake's AK sucks :smileysad: . Its good that you cant use the double, and even triple mods that these Ak-47's have, but being able to give your gun the skin of these guns would be cool. Just like how in Hardcore if you were to (for example), wear Drake's AK. None of the mods would be active, but you would still get the skin on the gun.

I hope these suggestions would be taken into consideration. Also, if any of you fellow forumers have any other suggestions or want to debate/argue with some of my suggestions, I would be interested in hearing.

Thanks for taking the time to read, if you actually did read all of this.  -Scoob

they should bring back the old boosters for Classic :smileyvery-happy:

Nice double star

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 34 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

Great post OP.

But i think throwback nades should stay away from this mode.

As for sprinting, im kinda leaning towards removing sprint, though i wouldn't mind if they leave it as is in the classic.

For the Revenge nades, If you got killed via stealth then your revenge booster should not activate (should be standard in all modes actually), that seems fair to me.

Stat hats.. None of those silly hats/accessories should have a bonus(or negating) effect on them to begin with. That is what booster is for, it that is enough bonus for the players. Good thing it can be turned off now.

I hope ND will make new shirts, pants and shoes to match the look of those weird hats. And just sell it as a "99cent accessory set" instead of piece by piece. Dark souls and skyrim has armors sets and it looks great.(yep, this is probably the 5th time i mentioned this in this forums.. and im gonna keep saying it every chance i get till ND does this lol)

PS. and everybody please try posting in 14pt font size :smileyhappy: seems easier to read that way

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 34 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11028 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I think sprint is fine, i wouldn't mind if it was removed though.

The real problems with Classic Mode are Revenge nades and Stats Hat, like you mentioned.

Stats Hats are easy to fix, just turn the stats off... but Revenge, if we could throw back only Revenge grenades it'd be fine, but that might be not technically possible, or they'll just give us another silly excuse.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 34 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6790 posts

Oct 26, 2012

renatabls wrote:

I think sprint is fine, i wouldn't mind if it was removed though.

The real problems with Classic Mode are Revenge nades and Stats Hat, like you mentioned.

Stats Hats are easy to fix, just turn the stats off... but Revenge, if we could throw back only Revenge grenades it'd be fine, but that might be not technically possible, or they'll just give us another silly excuse.

not technically possible IS the silly excuse :smileywink:

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 34 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Oct 26, 2012

GET RID OF OVERTIME

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 34 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I got three words for ya:

GOOD-BYE-THREAD. 

The OP's post is HIGHLY ILLEGAL at this juncture.  Mods...handle your business. 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 34 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1672 posts

May 11, 2013

Bump causee ND needs to consider some of these ideas Classic Mode ain't the best that it could be.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 34 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 11, 2013

Classic mode is currently on life support.

Hardcore mode was more classic than 'Classic' Mode.

But remove sprint for sure next time around.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 34 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13047 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

Can't remove sprint without removing it from other modes?

Well remove it from every mode.

Either that or fix how well it handles. The vicious amount of steering you can do with it is a massive problem.

Seriously. The last time I could control something like that I was using my  Logitech Driving Force steering wheel.

Making sprint less of an offensive, defensive, all around dream to use would improve the game heavily as less anger from people running away from battle, less anger from the old zig zag run and gun combinations and most importantly a better pacing to the game, right now it's just all in your face 999999 MPH stuff.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 34 (96 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

May 11, 2013
I recently played classic mode for the first time. Once the game started, I took two steps and the game offered me an m9 to pick up. I felt awkward and continued on with my ak instead. About 30 seconds later, I ran around a corner and had my head blown off by a shotgun.

It was such an epic, classic battle.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 34 (90 Views)
0 Likes