Jul 08 2012
By: Poplicola First Son 12 posts

Cinema Feature and HD Capability

[ Edited ]
4 replies 178 views Edited Jul 8, 2012

As I recall, in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the "cinema" portion of competitive multiplayer recorded and uploaded in high definition but for Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception; it seems that the footage does not record in high definition but in standard definition. I've tried this out by saving the file to my XMB and I am moderately disappointed. If anybody can clarify this for me it'll be incredibly useful. Thanks.

Sincerely Yours,

Popicola

Message 1 of 5 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Re: Cinema Feature and HD Capability

Jul 8, 2012

I believe if you upload it to Youtube or on the computer it in high defintion although you may be required to have an HDMI cable as I am unsure. However when viewing it on the PS3 it seems really bad quality but after putting it on the computer it seems to be in HD. Try that and see if it is in HD on your computer, if it solves the problem.. like I said you may require an HDMI cable.. I am not entirely sure however.

Message 2 of 5 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Jul 8, 2012
I don't believe you can get HD quality unless capturing your footage with a recording device. You can get 480p quality if you save your cinema to a USB drive and upload it to your computer.
tlousig2
Message 3 of 5 (146 Views)
Last Guardian
11242 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Poplicola wrote:

As I recall, in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the "cinema" portion of competitive multiplayer recorded and uploaded in high definition

Erm... no, you could not record in U2 unless you had a recording device (HD PVR, for example).

EvangM (or someone else) said during the Subway Beta that they cannot add high definition to this new 'recording' feature.

Message 4 of 5 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Poplicola wrote:

As I recall, in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the "cinema" portion of competitive multiplayer recorded and uploaded in high definition but for Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception; it seems that the footage does not record in high definition but in standard definition. I've tried this out by saving the file to my XMB and I am moderately disappointed. If anybody can clarify this for me it'll be incredibly useful. Thanks.

Sincerely Yours,

Popicola

If you upload the Cinema File (in any game), then you can watch the cinema in HD. (Click on it > Upload) With this method, only people with the game can view your cinema. (You have to send it to them on PSN)

If you record a cinema file to video (only possible in U3, click on edited cinema file > convert to video), then you get a SD video. This is an actual video file and can be played back on anything. 

It's not possible to record HD video because the PS3 isn't powerful enough to run Uncharted 3 AND record an HD video.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 5 of 5 (132 Views)