Reply
Jul 25 2012
By: DEATH__MACHINIST Treasure Hunter 3697 posts
Online

Change for Uncharted 4. If we have it.

[ Edited ]
14 replies 363 views Edited Jul 25, 2012

After spending some time in other franchises some thing came to me.

 

With all the stat faking and boosting in this game, with all the people calling for removal of the stat system, and last but not least the lag issues we face while playing.

I feel it's time for a change.

 

What we have now and the issues with it.

Kdr based stat system.

This system doesn't even have it's own leader board, why even have the stat then.

 

Kdr can be absolutely misleading.  Players going 5-1 every match will have a higher kill death ratio then a player going 20-7 every match.  The player getting 20 kills is contributing to 40% of the objective, while the 5 kdr player is only achieving 10%.

 Is this really fair?  Ask yourself that.  Does this person deserve to have better stats because of this.

 

  I use the term objective because what ever way you look at it, it's an objective. An objective based on points and points being kills. Which will lead me into what I'm getting at.

 

I believe we need a scoring system that takes into account all modes.

We cant use KDR because it doesn't work with plunder and objective modes.

We know this and have learned from it and many have fought for it to be this way.

Even though it took Nd along time to see those individuals points on this.

Objectives and plunder are better now because of this.


The only problem I see with plunder and objectives is the lack of scoring system.

One person can be designated the treasure barer and the four other players guard him. That one person gets all the captures to his stats. All parties need to work together to achieve that win, and they get just that....a win. The score board is a slap in the face at the end of that match. Why should kills be even listed. Why not points?

Points from medals? Medals based on that objective.

The that was embarrassing medal was removed from plunder and never should have been because that was one of the only medals "a badge of honor" that, that team got collectively for their work.


Does anyone really think there is enough for objectives?

Where are all the leader boards for those players.

 

This all leads me to this.

 

Why not have a stat system based on points.

 

I believe a score per minute based system similar to Battle field is a good idea.

All modes are considered as objective based on this system.

Kdr means nothing.

With this system you want to score as many points as possible within a minute.

Playing BF3 for the first time I noticed this right away. At the end of the match a player with 30 kills can be lower on the leader board than a player with 15 because he help his team more.

We can do some thing like this on here as well.

We already have the medal system in place.

You can get points for every thing you do. The less the team oriented the medal the less the points. You really could do a lot with this system.

Heck in BF3 an assist is just about as many points as the kill.

 

In my opinion Score per minute is an excellent way to measure player skill in all modes combined.

Think how wearing negitive boosters would come into play with this as well!

 

What are your thoughts.




I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 1 of 15 (363 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7532 posts
 

Re: Change for Uncharted 4.

Jul 25, 2012

are you kidding me we aren't even halfway done with uc3 and you're already talking about 4.....let alone knowing if there even will be a uc4???

Sleep Matt signature
Message 2 of 15 (356 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Online
3697 posts
 

Re: Change for Uncharted 4.

Jul 25, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

are you kidding me we aren't even halfway done with uc3 and you're already talking about 4.....let alone knowing if there even will be a uc4???



I altered the title to make you feel better.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 3 of 15 (346 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7532 posts
 

Re: Change for Uncharted 4.

Jul 25, 2012

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

are you kidding me we aren't even halfway done with uc3 and you're already talking about 4.....let alone knowing if there even will be a uc4???



I altered the title to make you feel better.


you don't need to make me feel better i could care less

Sleep Matt signature
Message 4 of 15 (341 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
802 posts
 

Re: Change for Uncharted 4. If we have it.

Jul 25, 2012
I disagree with the 1st paragraph after the red text. KDR is kills divided by Deaths. 2-0 is better ratio-wise than 20-11 but it will take longer to achieve an average of that ratio. Like for me, my KDR is 2.7 with 34k kills. If I go 13-10 in a match my KDR won't budge because the amount of kills i have. Compared to a guy with 3k kills with and a 4.0 ratio who KDR may changed a couple of points.
Message 5 of 15 (315 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Online
3697 posts
 

Re: Change for Uncharted 4. If we have it.

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

Try going 5-0 or 4-0 in for a while in matches and watch how fast your kdr will rise.

Adding kills only, even if they are 5 at a time will increase your kdr very quickly.

 

Why do you think so many people that faked stats quit after one death.

 

You can not divide by zero.

When it comes to kdr its not the top number its the bottom number to be concerned about.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 6 of 15 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Online
3697 posts
 

Re: Change for Uncharted 4. If we have it.

Jul 25, 2012

kratos_snake__ wrote:
I disagree with the 1st paragraph after the red text. KDR is kills divided by Deaths. 2-0 is better ratio-wise than 20-11 but it will take longer to achieve an average of that ratio. Like for me, my KDR is 2.7 with 34k kills. If I go 13-10 in a match my KDR won't budge because the amount of kills i have. Compared to a guy with 3k kills with and a 4.0 ratio who KDR may changed a couple of points.

Won't go down. But, adding 4-0's watch how fast things change.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 7 of 15 (290 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
Registered: 07/25/2012
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: Change for Uncharted 4. If we have it.

Jul 25, 2012

 

What we have now and the issues with it.

Kdr based stat system.

This system doesn't even have it's own leader board, why even have the stat then.

 

Kdr can be absolutely misleading.  Players going 5-1 every match will have a higher kill death ratio then a player going 20-7 every match.  The player getting 20 kills is contributing to 40% of the objective, while the 5 kdr player is only achieving 10%.

 Is this really fair?  Ask yourself that.  Does this person deserve to have better stats because of this.

 

  I use the term objective because what ever way you look at it, it's an objective. An objective based on points and points being kills. Which will lead me into what I'm getting at.

 




Good thinking, but you are missing one crucial point. The person that had the 5-1 KDR only gave the other team one kill, whereas the person going 20-7 gave the other team 7 kills. While contributing quite a bit to his teams score, he also contributed to the other teams score much more than the person that was 5-1.

 

The only reason anyone cares about stats is because they want to compete with friends, get a rough estimate as to how good a player is, etc.

 

There is something about Uncharted 3, however, that makes me care more about statistics than in Uncharted 2, but maybe that is just me.

Message 8 of 15 (286 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 04/17/2012
Offline
423 posts
 

Re: Change for Uncharted 4.

Jul 25, 2012

I'm pretty sure there will be a UC4, ND definitely wouldn't give up on their current money maker

Message 9 of 15 (280 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Online
3697 posts
 

Re: Change for Uncharted 4. If we have it.

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2012

GooseROFL wrote:

 

What we have now and the issues with it.

Kdr based stat system.

This system doesn't even have it's own leader board, why even have the stat then.

 

Kdr can be absolutely misleading.  Players going 5-1 every match will have a higher kill death ratio then a player going 20-7 every match.  The player getting 20 kills is contributing to 40% of the objective, while the 5 kdr player is only achieving 10%.

 Is this really fair?  Ask yourself that.  Does this person deserve to have better stats because of this.

 

  I use the term objective because what ever way you look at it, it's an objective. An objective based on points and points being kills. Which will lead me into what I'm getting at.

 




Good thinking, but you are missing one crucial point. The person that had the 5-1 KDR only gave the other team one kill, whereas the person going 20-7 gave the other team 7 kills. While contributing quite a bit to his teams score, he also contributed to the other teams score much more than the person that was 5-1.

 

The only reason anyone cares about stats is because they want to compete with friends, get a rough estimate as to how good a player is, etc.

 

There is something about Uncharted 3, however, that makes me care more about statistics than in Uncharted 2, but maybe that is just me.


But the goal was not zero deaths the goal was 50 kills. Just like FFA, some won can go 15-15 and still win.

Next to a person who goes 14-1.

It's still and objective. If it was elimination it would be different, the object there is not to die.

If every one on the team went 5-1 the match would not end. You need that 20-7 player.

 

 

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 10 of 15 (275 Views)
Reply
0 Likes