Sep 01 2012
By: SS7-Burner Splicer 70 posts

Block Mesh Map

7 replies 353 views Edited Sep 1, 2012

Hello!

They said they're going to release more than only one of the maps from the previous lab, but we only had the chance to play on one of them. Are they going to make another lab with the newer versions of the maps or are we going to have our own playlist with the maps? I only want to play on them again, because the current lab isn't fantastic and there's no gamemode I wanted to play. TDM only has tryhards and laggers and whenever I turn the DLC on, I find tryhards and there aren't even that many maps to play on. The last four rounds I had I didn't even had the chance to play on one of the maps I got from the DLC. I turned them off and I found tryhards who also turned them off, because they tried to find noobs and then farm for their statistics. 

Message 1 of 8 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Re: Block Mesh Map

Sep 1, 2012

The Lab after this one is a new block mesh map designed by Robert Cogburn. Just hang tight. Smiley Happy

As for what to play until then, I'd say Elimination and 3TDM are the best competitive modes in the game, and co-op's great for farming money, especially in the double cash weekend.

Message 2 of 8 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Sep 1, 2012

When they announced that the new lab was going to be SAS and Mag 5's, I was honestly expecting the next lab map to be an oval with another oval in the middle... Chaos.

Speaking of Lab Maps, any word whether they'll be added to custom games? I mean, it isn't there right now but are they being added to Customs when 2 comes out or not at all? Smiley Surprised 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 8 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
70 posts

Sep 1, 2012

They always change between the gamemodes for the lab, I know, but when? Do I have to wait a week until I can finally play on the maps again or does it take longer? Elimination isn't really the gamemode I want to play, because there are too many partys and then it's boring when you get killed by someone using the RPG and then you'll have to wait until all of your teammates are dead or until all of the enemys are dead. Most of the matches are full of people camping somewhere, because they'll need to survive. I don't like to stay in one area or try to play carefully and that's why Elimination doesn't really work for me. 3TDM also doesn't work, because you'll only run into partys, because that's how the gamemode is meant to be played in my opinion. Go with your friend against other two teams and it sucks when you're playing with randoms. I guess you're right, I'm going to play Coop to get money and to wait until I can play on the lab again. Is there a money cap or can I rank up fast when I play coop? 

Message 4 of 8 (313 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

Sep 1, 2012

they should add the block mesh map 1 to the normal rotation of maps... not just the LAB. I actually liked that map.

Message 5 of 8 (298 Views)
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 1, 2012
Block mesh map 2 is coming sep 18 according to the community calendar.
Play co-op , it can give you a lot of cash, especially in the double cash weekend. For competitive,Malay objectives and 3TDM
Enjoy
Message 6 of 8 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Sep 1, 2012
There's supposedly a money cap of $100,000, but Hielke6991 says that he made more than 100K in one co-op match, so it could be a myth.

There used to be a calendar on the stats page for new Labs, but last I checked it was removed because most people couldn't read it (it was stuck behind the completely unnecessary Uncharted TV thingy on the stats page). I think we'll have to wait at most two weeks before we get Lab Map 2.

The Lab Maps WILL be added to Custom Game after all of the currently planned ones go through their rotation.

SS7-Burner, if you want, feel free to add me on Facebook and we can play 3TDM sometime. You can find me at www.facebook.com/SouthpawLP. I agree with you that 3TDM is best with a person in your party, but in my experience, no 3TDM party I've run into is unbeatable.
Message 7 of 8 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Sep 17, 2012

they should add a block mesh map playlist after a few maps has come out

and mabey they should remove stats from that gamemode or not what do you think

Signature #2

Code #1

Message 8 of 8 (234 Views)
0 Likes