Nov 28 2012
By: xSKIN_N_BONESx Treasure Hunter 6790 posts

Block Mesh Map Rating Thread: When a Poll Just isn't Enough

33 replies 525 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

Simple enough. Rank the the current block mesh maps from 1-6 with 1 being your favorite and 6 being least favorite. Then on top of that you can give ratings based on a 10 point scale and additional comments if you so choose. While the poll on the side is nice and can show the favorite of voters, after that it's not very accurate so I made this. Try to keep it on topic. Smiley Wink

I'll start.

1. Mesh Map 6 (9/10) I love the ziplines since it's like a sprint that you have to commit to and even though you can get around the map fast there isn't much blindfire. There's also enough ways to get to the top that it isn't impossible to take it, and the match for me often turns into a big king of the hill match.
  2. Mesh Map 1 (8/10) Didn't really have any main choke point so for the most part the action was spread out, which I loved.
  3. Mesh Map 5 (8/10) I thought the three main wide open areas sectioned off by solid walls kept the action under control but still let some good shootouts take place.
  4. Mesh Map 2 (6/10) Didn't get to play it very much but it seemed to promote a lot of run and gun and general chaos. I liked the design but it wasn't as fun as I'd hoped.
  5. Mesh Map 3 (5/10) I couldn't stand this one as the spawns were terrible for me.... Maybe if it weren't for those I would've been able to enjoy it. Being able to play it in custom might help Smiley Wink
  • Mesh Map 4 (?/10) Unfortunately I didn't get to play. Wish they were in custom rather than completely innaccesible :/
Message 1 of 34 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
766 posts

Re: Block Mesh Map Rating Thread: When a Poll Just isn't Enough

Nov 28, 2012
1. Map 4, it was great fun and the action was spread out.

2. Map 1, same as 4.

3. Map 6, it was definitely the craziest and that's what the lab is about. Although SUICIDES FTW.

4. Map 5, also fun, but only occasionally, CQC isn't my thing.

5. Map 3, it favors snipers, and I can't snipe for **bleep**.

6. Map 2, again, I just generally sucked here and too much CQC.

Message 2 of 34 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Nov 28, 2012

1. BMM #6 - 9/10

2. BMM #1 - 7/10

3. BMM #4 - 7/10

4. BMM #3 - 7/10

5. BMM #5 - 3/10

6. BMM #2 - 2/10

Message 3 of 34 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

1 > 6 > 4 > 5 > 3 > 2

Will edit in my thoughts of each later

Edit: I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

1: 9/10, the original mesh map and the impact still lingers after all this time. The only problem was putting the shotgun and RPG spawn so close to each other as well as giving dragon and g-mal campers a large number of safe spots.

2: 4/10, a blindfire infested piece of *bleep* Sure if you like steelfisting and wack n roll, the map would've been right up your alley, but for those who like to aim it was an absolute nightmare. If Cog has another mesh map in the wings, it better be an improvement over this one.

3: 6/10, fundamentally it should've been a good map which promoted a variety of play (loved the half-pipe) but good god those spawns. Being a lone wolf meant you were exposed to the complete horror. If only Rod took a bit more time to work on those...

4: 8/10, what can I say? Junki delivered another good quality mesh map.

5: 8/10. It was a fun map (even if the lower levels often degraded into KAL-7 and M9 ROF blindfire hell) and I encountered players using a variety of weapons (even the TAU)

6: 9/10. Yes, I'm aware that any team with at least two competent snipers can easily take the top spot and just dominate the entire match but still, applauds to Naughty Dog to making such an absurd concept for a map work. Admittedly though, I didn't play a lot of this map compared to the others due to exams I had that week.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 4 of 34 (493 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Oh dear...im afraid I dont know them by their proper #s.

But I loved the second one (i think). The fairly flat one with a lot of long distance combat.

Loved the one with the building in the center, with the hammer at the top. and red and blue section on the outskirts.

Loved the smallish, cqcish one that had the mag5 spawn at the top, and the hammer and tbolt on the ground. not Cog's, the more recent one.

did not play spag monster much. did not appeal to me for some reason.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 5 of 34 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Mesh 1: 8/10 - After changes to sniper area people played correctly.

Mesh 2: 3/10 - Poor map, no space to move, KAL 7 paradise, something that should have no power over anyone.

Mesh 3: 8/10 - Nice balance to the map. very fun, had a few flaws but nothing worth going mad over.

Mesh 4: 6/10 - It was okay. Not perfect... But okay

Mesh 5: 10/10 - Perfection, map well balanced for automatics. hipfire users could be held at bay and there were plenty of fun battles to be had on upper and lower levels, something missing from all lab maps apart from this one.

Mesh 6: 0/10 - There is no playability to the map at all, spawn with sniper, either A) Stand still and kill people across the map or B), zip up to top layer and do it from there, a Mesh map where no one moves, how is it worth rating anything other than 0?

Message 6 of 34 (447 Views)
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Block Mesh 1 - 8/10 Good map, average spawns, lots of camping.

Block Mesh 2 - 0/10 Worst piece of **bleep** I've ever played, London Streets clone made worse. Blindfire, camping and spawn killing everywhere.

Block Mesh 3 - 8/10 Great map, awful spawns.

Block Mesh 4 - 10/10 Spawns were better than the other BM maps, never saw too much camping in one area, very nice design.

Block Mesh 5 - 6/10 It was alright, I found the design to be a little annoying and confusing, and the dark colors were a strange touch.

Block Mesh 6 - 4/10 Nice idea, but wasn't planned very well.
Pepsi
Message 7 of 34 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Nov 28, 2012

5th was the worst, that's all there is to say.

Message 8 of 34 (434 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6976 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I really couldn't enjoy any of them, I experience terrible spawning in every single one I tried. and the like two I only played once I got bored of quick... I enjoy the weapons labs more

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 9 of 34 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

Mesh 1: 8/10 - After changes to sniper area people played correctly.

Mesh 2: 3/10 - Poor map, no space to move, KAL 7 paradise, something that should have no power over anyone.

Mesh 3: 8/10 - Nice balance to the map. very fun, had a few flaws but nothing worth going mad over.

Mesh 4: 6/10 - It was okay. Not perfect... But okay

Mesh 5: 10/10 - Perfection, map well balanced for automatics. hipfire users could be held at bay and there were plenty of fun battles to be had on upper and lower levels, something missing from all lab maps apart from this one.

Mesh 6: 0/10 - There is no playability to the map at all, spawn with sniper, either A) Stand still and kill people across the map or B), zip up to top layer and do it from there, a Mesh map where no one moves, how is it worth rating anything other than 0?

Finally someone who agrees with me. Mesh 6 is boring as hell.

Message 10 of 34 (404 Views)
0 Likes