Feb 02 2013
By: jolince2 Monster Hunter 30 posts

Blindfire accuracy

9 replies 397 views Edited Feb 2, 2013

Hello community,

I know this subject has already been almost fully milked out , but still want to express myself on a few things.

If there is any sequel to UC3, I wish its gameplay to be less concentrated on blindfiring. This thing shouldn't be as accurate as it is now (and never be as it was a few patches ago !). The CQC level is so high in public AND clan matches that I've barely the feeling to play a shooting game sometimes.

It has come to the point where beginners don't take half-day of gaming to figure out the issue and exploit it (because yes, according to me, it is a problem). It has come to the point where some players begin to blindfire when they see you on their screen, even though they're 20 feet away from you and they have all the time they want to aim... and it becomes relevant to them because of its efficiency. It has come to the point where, even in clan battles, some players stay half of the match with their Para-9 in their hand, in a corner, waiting a enemy to pass by, to put him down by shooting three freaking bullets and punch'n roll him. It has come to the point where some diehard of this game do full 1vs1 matches with their side weapon (not to aim with of course).

I have nothing against the CQC in a TPS. It's part of the game. But it shouldn't be an essential part of a player's gameplay. Kal-7, Pistole, SAS, Micro... Some weapons are obviously blindfire-based, and I can understand that. But M9, Ak-47, Para-9 ain't ! Sometimes some mechanics makes me wonder what were the developpers thinking about ? For instance, why does every weapon has a bigger blindfire accuracy when you jump off an edge ? You think it's hard to blindfire with a Fal-SS ? Try to fall down from a higher spot on an enemy while jerking off the R1 button and see what happens.

This problem was present with the sawed-off shotgun (remember the period when every player moved from quickboom to shottie kickback, remaining the game being stupid), and was fortunately fixed. Unfortunately, nobody hasn't really complained about this on RPG and M32 Hammer yet. Guess what ? I see people activating their Hammer kickback while jumping and auto-aiming me. I never claimed kickbacks and power weapons to be skill-based... but come on ! Auto-aim enabled while jumping with somekind of weapon is more accurate and efficient than taking the time for aiming. That's why people don't take the time to press/hold the L1 button anymore. Is it normal ?

I've already previously talked about the punch'n roll thingy, saying how ridiculous this was, and I was suprised on how much a lot of people appreciated it. Sadly a part of this technique is based on internet connection. If you are in bad connection conditions, sometimes you won't be able to do it effectively against some players, increasing the unbalance of this glitch (actually we can't call that a real technique as it wasn't obviously intended by ND, once again).

To conclude, this is just my opinion but the close quarters combat situations are way to many to mention. Should happens way less.

I began writing while having not much to say and I end up having written several sentences ; sorry for that. Thank you for your time !

ND's way to troll you since November 2011 :
Hint : "Aiming is always more accurate than running and gunning"
Message 1 of 10 (397 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Re: Blindfire accuracy

Feb 2, 2013
yes, i agree they need to nerf blindfire, nuff said.

(didnt read OP Smiley Tongue)
Message 2 of 10 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Eric said that blindfire is not a widespread problem.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 10 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1225 posts

Feb 2, 2013

jolince2 wrote:

close quarters combat situations are way to many to mention. Should happens way less.

Sprint says hello.

Message 4 of 10 (375 Views)
Fender Bender
3647 posts

Feb 2, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I think I'm going to bump my blindfire thread from a while ago in which he said that

Message 5 of 10 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Feb 2, 2013
Its complete bs that aiming is discouraged greatly
Message 6 of 10 (353 Views)
Wastelander
700 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Im sorry but

1.Pistols have always been about too blindfire remember U2 had a handguns Bf accuracy increase boster and a long gun bf one two, sure u could not have both together but it was there, the micro was a power weapon back then combined with punches it was glorious

2. If aiming was actually good and precise like in U2 maybe people like me would aim more, but with all the Lag/aimassit/and bendable bullets made me not aim at all and to concetrate on routes and shortcuts to make the most out of blindfire and off guard players

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 7 of 10 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

Im sorry but

1.Pistols have always been about too blindfire remember U2 had a handguns Bf accuracy increase boster and a long gun bf one two, sure u could not have both together but it was there, the micro was a power weapon back then combined with punches it was glorious

Technically the power weapon back then was the 92FS everyone came with. I mean, 1 then melee? Screw the Para's Three-Then-Melee™, I'll take the "totally not OP" 92FS over it.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 10 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1199 posts

Feb 4, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Does Eric even play this game? Anyone at Naughty Dog? Smiley Tongue

The majority of people around here will agree with the OP. Unfortunately, ND won't do anything about it at this point...

Message 9 of 10 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I didn't want to compare with UC2. Let's give it a try...

Like NeVeO mentionned, "sprint says hello". Understand this sentence like you want but personnally, I did this way : the sprint feature blowingly increases the CQC situations. Players tend to get closer to their opponents so they can blindfire them easily. For having tested it out with a friend of mine (he might recognize himself if he's reading me), blindfire accuracy on UC2 is high too, it's true. BUT... sprinting is one of the reason why it wasn't happening that much in the prequel of UC3...

One bullet pistol + melee / Few bullets micro + melee, both were working pretty well. The fact is, most of the time, when you were doing that against someone who had a brain and was carrying a grenade along with him, he would throw a grenade at your feet and you would blow up as he just died by your punch.

This scenario is pretty much never happening in this game, especially against people who know the game a bit. Three reasons coming up my head :
1) you can only carry one grenade at once without booster (which I don't really complain about) ;
2) you can throw grenade back, making them useless when they're used basically (thrown directly on the ground, and/or only one grenade is thrown) ;
3) you can glitch the melee animation.

Why would players hesitate before rushing ? Nothing can stop 'em... they just have to hope the enemy they're rushing isn't lagging more than themselves, or something like that.

As I'm not used to FPS, I found aiming in BF3 quite hard. I played it a few hours, got a bit more used to it, and I got better. Unfortunately, I can't rely on my knife... so I try to get some aiming skills. Ok, I'm comparing two different kind of games. However, I'm just trying to say that sometimes players should do some efforts if they want to beat others down.

ND's way to troll you since November 2011 :
Hint : "Aiming is always more accurate than running and gunning"
Message 10 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes