Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Big U3 Multiplayer new coming soon (TM)

Feb 19, 2013

aZeRtYxP wrote:

PS: I did not play the beta

Smiley Frustrated

The Summer beta was the pinnacle of UC3 MP, just like UC2 1.04 was the pinnacle of UC2 MP.

That's why everyone wants it back so badly...

p2p systems actually benefit from more users. It's like BitTorrent: if you have a swarm with 1 million users, you will have better speeds than having a swarm with 1000 users. On the other hand, dedicated servers don't have scalability. The more players you have consuming finite dedicated server bandwidth, the more lag you will have.

In the same vein, F2P will help to increase the player pool and you will be able to find more local players, instead of distant players from China, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, KSA etc. That's what happened in the Summer beta.

Btw, I don't know who told you about that DNS urban myth, but you can try it yourself: invite a friend who has 5 bars, then change your DNS server and check the bars again. They will still be 5, not 1.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 161 of 166 (493 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Feb 19, 2013

It's a pity you do not answer at all in my previous post I liked that whole debate policy ND, since we have apparently the same point of view.

It is true that there is a big problem with matchmaking is too often fall on KSA, MEX, PERU, TURK ... and it is unplayable, I would say that I feel that this is the worst since 1.15 which indicated improved matchmaking for more equitable, as I feel that since this will update the matchmaking try our level players / legacy and is sometimes forced to find far.

For DNS so I always 5 bars on my connection index, the difference is in part I suffered less damage to the player as if to face I was not in the same place when he shoots, and I had the impression that the guy I killed responding really late from the time I pulled him over and he reacted or I had as a step ahead.

When something very critical, it must be the test who personally to do this advice and criticism objectively.

Message 162 of 166 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 19, 2013

aZeRtYxP wrote:

1) It's a pity you do not answer at all in my previous post I liked that whole debate policy ND, since we have apparently the same point of view.

2) For DNS so I always 5 bars on my connection index, the difference is in part I suffered less damage to the player as if to face I was not in the same place when he shoots, and I had the impression that the guy I killed responding really late from the time I pulled him over and he reacted or I had as a step ahead.

1) Search my previous posts if you want to read my views on ND's policies.

2) Placebo effect. DNS has nothing to do with that.

Help yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 163 of 166 (434 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3984 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I didn't know people RQ co-op lol
Message 164 of 166 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I'm late to this thread but lol to the title.. I'm pretty sure ND's " Coming soon™ " meme on these forums will continue to their future games.Smiley Happy

+============================================================+
Message 165 of 166 (371 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

I can quote a great writer's forum, the citation from another topic one:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Tomb-Raider-The-New-Uncharted-3...

I'm not even buying The Last of Us, ND lost my purchase with their handeling of Uncharted 3 :<

Sure it'll be a great single player game but the multiplayer.. yeah well you know.

Epic and so true

Message 166 of 166 (347 Views)
0 Likes