Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Big U3 Multiplayer new coming soon (TM)

Jan 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Glow no-one likes getting owned, in free games, paid games, or anywhere. Smiley Very Happy

^ Blame the human nature.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 111 of 166 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 21, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Glow no-one likes getting owned, in free games, paid games, or anywhere. Smiley Very Happy

If someone can fix that, I can selfishly farm the new guys without feeling guilty. Smiley Very Happy

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 112 of 166 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

If someone can fix that, I can selfishly farm the new guys without feeling guilty. Smiley Very Happy

Unfortunately ND cannot patch our flawed primitive DNA. Smiley Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_engineering

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 113 of 166 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Jan 21, 2013

So, some people don't want F2P because it would bring "noobs" (newbies =/= noobs), and they would get owned to quitting?

Have that people thought by any chance that there's a possibility these "noobs" will play against other "noobs" and not against 5th legacies? 

Not wanting F2P for this reason is stupid. Matchmaking is bad, but not that much.

Message 114 of 166 (375 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 21, 2013

NeVeO wrote:

Have that people thought by any chance that there's a possibility these "noobs" will play against other "noobs" and not against 5th legacies? 

Exactly. It was VERY RARE to play against tryhards/parties in the Summer beta, because there were many casuals/newbies.

Message 115 of 166 (367 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3768 posts

Jan 21, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

NeVeO wrote:

Exactly. It was VERY RARE to play against tryhards/parties in the Summer beta, because there were many casuals/newbies.

The only thing to really worry about is that many will create second accts. just to beat on new players.

If that happens they may not stick around long enough to see 5th legacies.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 116 of 166 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 21, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

NeVeO wrote:

The only thing to really worry about is that many will create second accts. just to beat on new players.

If that happens they may not stick around long enough to see 5th legacies.

Some people already do that...

Message 117 of 166 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9168 posts

Jan 21, 2013

NeVeO wrote:

So, some people don't want F2P because it would bring "noobs" (newbies =/= noobs), and they would get owned to quitting?

Not wanting F2P for this reason is stupid. Matchmaking is bad, but not that much.

Matchmaking is really that bad. Yesterday all I played against were low levels. DLC on didn't get me any tougher opponents. I say that would be a legitimate concern if level based matchmaking currently worked. It doesn't so it's all the same. Again, I'm all for F2p MP but I can understand monkeybutler's concerns. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 118 of 166 (353 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4534 posts

Jan 21, 2013
NeVeO wrote: Have that people thought by any chance that there's a possibility these "noobs" will play against other "noobs" and not 5th legacies?

I refer you to the first couple of weeks after Christmas. Noobs vs 5 th legacy parties. Then they disappeared because it sucked for them. Same thing will happen again.
Message 119 of 166 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
530 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Matchmaking and me have a decent war going on between us. It constantly try to force me to play solo, because always when I party up... "not possible to join this party"... "lets me wait abnormally long on searching game" "being left behind in the lobby because teamsplit"..."removed from game"... "teamsplit with removed from game"... "teamsplit and puts me into another game on different map"  or when I finally get to play "party of five 5th legacy core-clan"

even when I decide to play solo...

"getting 4 noobs with no clue, against party of 3 5th legacy core-players"

Since it is boring as hell playing solo all the time (I would not mind the last one too much), the party issues really drive me away from uc3 lately. When I try to play in a party at least 1 hour is waisted out of 3 hours of playing just because of these issues. :.(

Bad Luck me...

So to get to the topic, F2P MP probably... a change in matchmaking hopefully (solving a few issues I have)... probably more stat-hats (yawn, why not clothings?)... maybe new taunts... probably a lab map mode...purchasable treasures (my dream, the drops are so darn stupid)... new emblem things (probably not)... new legacys (DONT YOU DARE!!!)... new skins (probably not)... colors (if, then only purchasable)

https://www.twitch.tv/aeonra/
Message 120 of 166 (289 Views)