Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5514 posts

Re: Big U3 Multiplayer new coming soon (TM)

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Matchmaking is fast enough. 

Lag is only an excuse for sore losers. 

I stand by my opinion that making Uc3 f2p isn't BIG news to our existing Uncharted community. Well.. it's kinda big piece of news in a way but nothing to be hyped up about. 

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 166 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Jan 20, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Matchmaking is fast enough. 

Lag is only an excuse for sore losers. 

I stand by my opinion that making Uc3 f2p isn't BIG news to our existing Uncharted community. Well.. it's kinda big piece of news in a way but nothing to be hyped up about. 

Lag isn't an excuse all the time, because alot of the time there is lag in this game. That is why this MP should go F2P, faster matchmaking and less lag. :smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 166 (474 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5514 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I think that would be only a good thing. I'm not anti F2p, I'm pro F2p. :smileyhappy: But I fail to see how that's "Big Multiplayer new coming soon". 

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 166 (468 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Jan 20, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

I think that would be only a good thing. I'm not anti F2p, I'm pro F2p. :smileyhappy: But I fail to see how that's "Big Multiplayer new coming soon". 

Dude, if 1.13 is already considered a big deal (by ND at least), I think with those standards F2P is also a big deal.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 166 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2411 posts

Jan 20, 2013
F2P is a big deal for this game also the fact we will be able to download the MP portion to our HDD I consider this huge for my own personal reasons, if it goes F2P UC3 will be getting quite a few Articles written about it by every major gaming site = huge news/promo, who knows how many more people will give the MP portion of this game a try who was never interested in buying UC3 originally.
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 166 (406 Views)
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Jan 20, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
F2P is a big deal for this game also the fact we will be able to download the MP portion to our HDD I consider this huge for my own personal reasons, if it goes F2P UC3 will be getting quite a few Articles written about it by every major gaming site = huge news/promo, who knows how many more people will give the MP portion of this game a try who was never interested in buying UC3 originally.

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING! BUT HOW CAN YOU BE SURE OF THIS? :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 166 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1822 posts

Jan 20, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING! BUT HOW CAN YOU BE SURE OF THIS? :smileysurprised:

Well you have to save the client somewhere.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 166 (380 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

tack129 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

I'm curious as to what it is though, MP now downloadable unto the HDD & its Free to Play but caps you at level 20 :smileyvery-happy:

That'd be a bummer. Downloadable multiplayer. What's in there for us? A bunch of newcomers to pwn?

Less lag/faster matchmaking is a "bummer" now? Wow...

Unless we noobstomp them like on Christmas.

If COD/BF became F2P, I would probably get noobstomped as well. Should I complain, especially for free stuff that I haven't paid for? No.

Noobs should realize that some players have devoted a lot more time (and money) than them, just like I realize that COD/BF vets would stomp me. Sorry, but we don't live in a fair/balanced world (at least we have a welfare system to help poor noobs -> Powerplays).

Either way, finding tryhards would probably be as rare as in the Summer beta. In the retail game the tryhard/noob ratio is higher. In a "free" game (Summer beta/UC3 F2P) the tryhard/noob ratio should be lower. You can "dilute" tryhards if more noobs join the player pool. It's just simple maths.

ID-69 wrote:

1) Matchmaking is fast enough.

2) Lag is only an excuse for sore losers. 

3) I stand by my opinion that making Uc3 f2p isn't BIG news to our existing Uncharted community. Well.. it's kinda big piece of news in a way but nothing to be hyped up about. 

1) Nice joke, bro. I have enough time to make a coffee while I'm searching for players.

hint: Searching solo is always faster, because you can late join games. Try to search while being in a party.

2) It's a legit excuse when you are fighting against KSA/MEX/BRA players on a constant basis.

3) Maybe it's not BIG news for YOU, but I bet it's BIG news for the MAJORITY who enjoyed the Summer beta (1.5 million players <-- 3 times bigger than COD).

wycliff_12 wrote:

Finally, someone with a lick of sense on these forums. I applaud you, sir. :smileyhappy:

Also, don't forget that there are thousands (if not millions) of consoles out there with broken Blu-Ray drives. We NEED those people in the player pool as well!

I remember Dai (a vet, not a noob) asking for a downloadable version of UC3 MP, because his Blu-Ray drive was broken... just imagine how many people are in his position.

Unfortunately, few people here can see the big picture and make sensible non-selfish suggestions that would benefit EVERYONE -> both Sony/ND and fans -> win-win situation.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 166 (369 Views)
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Yeah I would rather it be a list like patch 1.13. Too many people (including me) get their hopes up on what is coming. Then get disappointed when it does not happen

R.I.P POGO
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 166 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

Jan 20, 2013

My guess is that the news will be released on the 31st of Janurary 

Please don't dissapoint us :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 166 (324 Views)
0 Likes