Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: Beta of Unsharted 3: old memories

Feb 1, 2013
Watching that trailer depresses me, it makes our current UC3 look like sh¡t and shows how great uncharted 3 could've been.

I remember the day that trailer came out and I saw it; I was so excited for uncharted 3 since I had been waiting for it ever since I beat Uncharted 2 awhile after it came out Smiley Happy

Too bad UC3 never lived up to its beta potential.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 31 of 63 (334 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Feb 1, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
Watching that trailer depresses me, it makes our current UC3 look like sh¡t and shows how great uncharted 3 could've been.

I remember the day that trailer came out and I saw it; I was so excited for uncharted 3 since I had been waiting for it ever since I beat Uncharted 2 awhile after it came out Smiley Happy

While the beta was indeed fun, it was a superficial experience compared to the full game. I don't why very single person is acting like the beta was the greatest thing ever; it wasn't, far from it.  What's poor about the full game that the beta didn't have? ROF modifcation? Nope. Ridiculous blindfire accuracy? No. It's asinine for threads like this to keep popping up.  The game wasn't faultless then, and the game is not faultless now. Why are there complaints again?

Message 32 of 63 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 1, 2013
mario@: can you read? we dont complain, we are NOSTALGIC. **bleep** comon

and there is the reason:

1) the levels form
2) the fire sounds
3) the intros
4) the outros
5) the kills count in top of the screen
6) cinematic when you punch
7) and **bleep** as the coop arena was fun

understand why we are nostalgic?

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 33 of 63 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 1, 2013
even if there was more lags, we dont care. It was so much more fun

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 34 of 63 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6966 posts

Feb 1, 2013

mario507 wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

While the beta was indeed fun, it was a superficial experience compared to the full game. I don't why very single person is acting like the beta was the greatest thing ever; it wasn't, far from it.  What's poor about the full game that the beta didn't have? ROF modifcation? Nope. Ridiculous blindfire accuracy? No. It's asinine for threads like this to keep popping up.  The game wasn't faultless then, and the game is not faultless now. Why are there complaints again?

Well it's obvious that there were bugs and glitches in the beta, but the thing is...it was a BETA. As in not fully complete yet, people were expecting an improved version of the beta once the game was released, but once we got the 2nd beta then the full-game it was a disappointment because there were actually still quite a bit of bugs and the mechanics were completely changed on several different thing, guns, mods, sounds, maps, cinematics, mechanics etc.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 35 of 63 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 1, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

mario507 wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

Well it's obvious that there were bugs and glitches in the beta, but the thing is...it was a BETA. As in not fully complete yet, people were expecting an improved version of the beta once the game was released, but once we got the 2nd beta then the full-game it was a disappointment because there were actually still quite a bit of bugs and the mechanics were completely changed on several different thing, guns, mods, sounds, maps, cinematics, mechanics etc.

Faults in a beta are excusable. Not the full game. Makes sense, no?

Faults in the actual game is wrong. I didn't play $60 to play a beta.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 36 of 63 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Feb 1, 2013
The beta was only fun because we were new nobody new the best guns, the way around maps etc.

Even if Uncharted 3 seems boring now its because its old and what not maybe its just because we know the game inside out. The reason i know this is still a great game is because i still play it, thats it. Nothing holds my attention this long let alone a video game.

The beta footage does make you feel kinda nostalgic i guess.
 photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 37 of 63 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Believe it or not, the Beta was funnier and overall better than the full multiplayer because of sprint. The changes made the pace of the game turn upside down to how it is now, and it's because of that why it isn't as rewarding and funny. Running everywhere gets stale pretty soon; I can't take more than 5 CoD matches of sprint-instakill-die-repeat.

The only change sprint needed (if any) was a slight boost in speed, NOTHING ELSE.

Too late, it destroyed the game and it seems they don't give a single **bleep**.

Message 38 of 63 (267 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

mario507 wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

Sprint in the beta was superior, took skill and ability to know when to use it intelligently.

Character control was better in the beta.

Weapons handled better in the beta, then again, ND went on a nerfing spree after the full game launched so on release it was mostly fine apart from the KAL 7 which is still the king of kings. Smiley Indifferent

But the two main things, sprint and character control are vitally important to how the game plays out, the changes brought in zigzagging hipfire and the stupidity of evade any situation with ease even though you should be punished for getting into silly situations. The third main thing is gun play and over time that has got worse with the nerf brigade on top of everything.

ROF was a mess in the beta it's still a mess now. Overall the beta was a superior handling title. When I first booted up the subway beta, everything that was awesome had gone and it was all. Meh it's still an okay game but it was so much more back in the summer.

It's not nostalgia, I and many others don't like the abilities to sprint maps full speed and turn on a dime, those two decisions have seriously messed with the pacing of the game. It's not just sprint, I'm not fond of how you can control without sprint, thats also way too effective and easy.

Sprint used to be a tool for getting you from A to B, which it should be, Now it's an evasive, A to B, offensive... Everything in this game is sprint tactic.

Message 39 of 63 (263 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Aureilia wrote:
Everything in this game is sprint tactic.

/thread

That's why the current game is not near as good as the beta.

Message 40 of 63 (257 Views)