Nov 06 2011
By: DeathIsNotTheEnd First Son 10 posts

Best way to level up?

7 replies 1076 views Edited Nov 6, 2011

What's the best way to level up In multiplayer?

Message 1 of 8 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
585 posts

Bootster 1: The buddy cash booster (I forget the name) Bo...

Nov 6, 2011

Bootster 1: The buddy cash booster (I forget the name)

Booster 2: Deposit

Then play Team Objective or Plunder.

Alternative: I'm in the 30s right now and I seem to be earning a level per Co-Op Adventure chapter.

Message 2 of 8 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

I would say......

Nov 6, 2011

I would agree with that setup. Play some co-op as well to get those 20,000 games and above.

Message 3 of 8 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

FFA, use 3 different builds to min/max your gains.   I us...

Nov 6, 2011

FFA, use 3 different builds to min/max your gains.

I used regen and treasure hunter with an m9 rapid fire for a few kills, then switch over to weapon expert(dual mods) with deposit for 3-4 kills/1 death, (achieve the triple threat medal) leading into a bargin build with a low medal kickback (cash grab)  for an easy kick back king bonus and maybe my third lucky.  Once you get the third kickback king switch to another build until you are close to your next "third"--sixth kickback activation.  

I've been doing a bargin build for when I get kils 12-15, with my third or fourth kickback getting me 3 king kickback.  It is rather easy money.meda combo without needing to change up general gunplay.

I suggest also getting beastmode/deposit boosters, and playing plunder since it is easy money, and can lead to some easy mission contracts.  (captures/wins/kills, 9k-50k)

Message 4 of 8 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
959 posts

Co-op Arena on Hard.   40,000 XP per game if you've got g...

Nov 6, 2011

Co-op Arena on Hard.

40,000 XP per game if you've got good teammates.

TF3:HWS
Message 5 of 8 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
585 posts

Hah! I wish I could rely on myself to get that much cash....

Nov 6, 2011

scyron57 wrote:

FFA, use 3 different builds to min/max your gains.

I used regen and treasure hunter with an m9 rapid fire for a few kills, then switch over to weapon expert(dual mods) with deposit for 3-4 kills/1 death, (achieve the triple threat medal) leading into a bargin build with a low medal kickback (cash grab)  for an easy kick back king bonus and maybe my third lucky.  Once you get the third kickback king switch to another build until you are close to your next "third"--sixth kickback activation.  

I've been doing a bargin build for when I get kils 12-15, with my third or fourth kickback getting me 3 king kickback.  It is rather easy money.meda combo without needing to change up general gunplay.

I suggest also getting beastmode/deposit boosters, and playing plunder since it is easy money, and can lead to some easy mission contracts.  (captures/wins/kills, 9k-50k)

Hah! I wish I could rely on myself to get that much cash. :smileywink:

Message 6 of 8 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Co-op arena is really fast compared to the other modes un...

Nov 6, 2011

Co-op arena is really fast compared to the other modes unless you're god at death match (FWIW, I suck at this and play 95% of my competitive in Objective or Plunder, I know that it's possible to rack it up in this mode if you're really good).

Even losing in arena can easily net over 20,000. I've had matches in hard where I scored over 45,000 (those being ones where my team mates let me have the magnum / hammer combo all game and I was getting quadruple kills on rushing scrub pirates in the Molten Ruins :smileywink: )

Message 7 of 8 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

The difference is playing to a plan, not exactly planning...

Nov 6, 2011

The difference is playing to a plan, not exactly planning to play.  I get upset over dying needlessly or wanting to swap out loadouts. It cirtainly does have its frawbacks.  I mostly look for the oportunities to maximize on cash and switch up. 

If I am 10-0, I am sure as heck not going to die just to get that bargin/kickback king medal.  I just see the situations that appear and try and make the most of them.

The other thing to remember is to try and get pull down/kick off, stealth kills (oh snap $250), tricky boy, retaliation, dizzy, sunday stroll/marathon runner and either a think vertically or covered/deep cover.  East medals that only require a bit of patience and thought, instead of mindlessly running out into the fray.

Message 8 of 8 (1,076 Views)