Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Feb 6, 2012

Pete, you should do a section on how to deal with grenades, simply because of both how powerful they are and also what to do against them. There's some things that even veterans don't know that ND hasn't made anyone aware of (though they should in their Tips section...). One of the things I'm referring to is when you get stunned by a grenade, you can press/mash Circle to get out of the stun animation faster. It's been this way since UC2 yet not many players know about it because they've never tried it. However, it's only a certain stun animation, the longer stun animations don't get affected by this.

Thought it might help newcomers and stuff too, as grenades can be tough to deal with as a new player.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 99 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1834 posts

Feb 7, 2012

My whole tactic with nades is controlling players movement. Will write about that. Do you want to write about avoiding nades etc?

I'm pretty busy this week so the topics will be coming out slow if it's all down to me.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 99 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1834 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Added

• Veteran- Practice techniques- A sidearm is better than a reload.
  • How to analyse a players performance
  • Mimicking good player's loadouts

Next up

• Using grenades to control enemy movement
  • Navigating a map while maintaining a small profile

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 99 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Nahh, I don't have the time to write something out that is detailed and lengthy. College already has me doing that, after all. If I had more free time, I wouldn't mind as much, but I don't... really. lol

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 99 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1834 posts

Feb 8, 2012

No problem.

If I gave any of this in to be marked I would fail immediately on spelling and grammer alone XD

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 99 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Feb 15 - Edited the entire tome to improve grammar and spelling (sorry, I'm a complete freak about this).

Issues: "Would of" is not the same as "would have" or "would've" even if the contraction sounds similar. The latter is a verbal phrase (past conditional); the former is a phrase that rarely occurs.

"To" and "Too" are different.

Teammate as one word is acceptable and better shorthand.

When using three or more nouns (or noun phrases) in a grouping, it is better form to use the extra comma: "I ate toast, ham, and eggs" as opposed to "I ate toast, ham and eggs", because the latter gives the impression of a combined unit (ham and eggs), as opposed to merely listing what you were eating.

Clear writing is an indication of a clear thinker; it's obvious that you know a lot and have a lot to give in this tome and as such, are a clear thinker. I just wanted to clarify the writing to help readers along. It's nothing personal!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 99 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1834 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Seriously man thank you so much for doing this. I know my grammer isn't up to scratch and I was a little worried that this would put people off reading the tome.

Will try to use your grammer tips in future posts. The more I write, the better I will get hopefully XD

No idea how to use commas.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 99 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Pete - No problem, glad to help. If you'd like me to edit in advance or following an edit to the tome, either send me the text by PM or let me know what section was updated. Either way is fine, whatever is best for you, should you take me up on the offer.

If you want to know more about grammar in general, I recommend purchasing and reading Strunk and White's "The Elements of Style" - it's the best grammar book ever written in the history of the English language, whether it's British or American English.

As for the commas, the debate that I mentioned with the toast, eggs, and ham is over the "Oxford comma" or not - you can google simply "Oxford comma" and you'll find a ton of information about the intricacies of that debate; it's still raging, though as a student of old-school English, I find the Oxford comma appropriate in all circumstances.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 99 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Nice Tome, Pete!

"The only time I feel alive is when I'm painting." -Vincent Van Gogh

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." -Benjamin Franklin
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 99 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Wow great guide! Some things are very obvious and are still explained very extensively, you shouldn't have done that in my opinion.

I quickly scan the leaderboard to see who is the best player on the other team and my team. Then I click Select and either click up or down on the D-Pad to watch my team mates or left and right to see camera angles of the map. When I respawn I have a better awareness of who to avoid on the other team, who is the best player to stick with on my team, and also what has gone on across the map while I was respawning. Seriously, the more you do this, the more those ten seconds will give you time to secure vital information.

This tip sounds useless to me. Okay, you're right, you can see what's going on, but at a multiplayer game which is as rapid as this one, that doesn't really help you.

This guide is in the in the end very useful though!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 99 (73 Views)
0 Likes