Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mar 24, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
Dadypain was planning to do something with the prizes, but I guess it never happened Smiley Sad

So he:

  • Kept them for himself
  • Gave them back
  • Or is planning a new event with the prizes as well prizes.
Message 1621 of 1,643 (829 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
2678 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mar 24, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
I think B2K handled everything I the tournament well.

They did what needed to be done, if they had bowed down to get+ after B2K clearly said no more rule exceptions and after Get+ agreed on that time everyone would've just complained about that too.

Everyone said that B2K loved Get+ and they showed that they were not going to sway their choices because of Get+ REFUSING to play. What happened I that chat was not right, and I think B2K handled it very well.

I don't care if get+ is only good as a team, they should've had SUBS fill in for those spots instead of being cocky and going in as a 3 person team.

B2K made the right descisions, so lets just let the thread go and hope they come back eventually.

 

GET+ played the finals match and lost.  they were runners up.  tournament ended, over.  AFTER the tournament dadypain didn't like something somebody said to him so he decided he wasn't giving the runner ups their prizes that were provided to them by the sponsors. 

 

there was no rule against playing with 3 players.  as a matter of fact it was the opposite.  the rules said if you didn't have the players you HAD to play short handed.  GET+ did exactly that, and lost......making them runners up in the tournament receiving the runners up prize.

 

That wasn't the issue.  The issue was that after the tournament was already over, Dadypain acted like he was just giving people free stuff and decided he wasn't giving GET+ their prizes because he didn't like their attitude after the tournament was over.  lol.  that's not his decision to make.  he didn't buy the prizes.   it was a tournament, he can't go back and decide who he doesn't want to give prizes to.  lol.  The results speak for themselves.  GET+ played in the finals and lost, they were runners up.  That was the result.  

Message 1622 of 1,643 (791 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/24/2010
Offline
715 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mar 24, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

So he:

  • Or is planning a new event with the prizes as well prizes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Message 1623 of 1,643 (774 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Online
5219 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mar 25, 2013
I will be honest that organizing an event of this caliber is really, really hard. It's a very stressful process throughout any competition. One wrong move and you may end up wrecking everything it's that hard.

With that said I don't think B2K won't be hosting another tournament due to the backlash. People just lost respect for what happened in the finals.
Message 1624 of 1,643 (541 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/09/2013
Offline
35 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mar 25, 2013

tack129 wrote:
I will be honest that organizing an event of this caliber is really, really hard. It's a very stressful process throughout any competition. One wrong move and you may end up wrecking everything it's that hard.

With that said I don't think B2K won't be hosting another tournament due to the backlash. People just lost respect for what happened in the finals.

Until Uncharted 4...

Message 1625 of 1,643 (483 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mar 25, 2013

lVlasterful wrote:

tack129 wrote:
I will be honest that organizing an event of this caliber is really, really hard. It's a very stressful process throughout any competition. One wrong move and you may end up wrecking everything it's that hard.

With that said I don't think B2K won't be hosting another tournament due to the backlash. People just lost respect for what happened in the finals.

Until Uncharted 4... TLOU?


 

Message 1626 of 1,643 (459 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mar 25, 2013
^[Insert 'No' Meme]

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 1627 of 1,643 (453 Views)
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/09/2013
Offline
35 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mar 26, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

lVlasterful wrote:

tack129 wrote:
I will be honest that organizing an event of this caliber is really, really hard. It's a very stressful process throughout any competition. One wrong move and you may end up wrecking everything it's that hard.

With that said I don't think B2K won't be hosting another tournament due to the backlash. People just lost respect for what happened in the finals.

Until Uncharted 4... TLOU?


 


no-rage-face.png

Message 1628 of 1,643 (386 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
2448 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mar 27, 2013

I personally think B2k handled the finals horribly but the drama surrounding it wasn't entirely their fault. They've done a lot for the competitive scene in U2 and U3 and to completely trash them is not fair tbh. It was also kind of ridiculous how people that weren't even apart of Get + and SE were angry enough to personally diss B2k. I actually encourage B2k to do another tournament if possible. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 1629 of 1,643 (348 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mar 27, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

I personally think B2k handled the finals horribly but the drama surrounding it wasn't entirely their fault. They've done a lot for the competitive scene in U2 and U3 and to completely trash them is not fair tbh. It was also kind of ridiculous how people that weren't even apart of Get + and SE were angry enough to personally diss B2k. I actually encourage B2k to do another tournament if possible. 


It should have been able to be rescheduled, HOWEVER. Get+ shouldn't have signed up if they were going to have messed up scheduls and constantly be un sure about playing times. That part goes to them, but B2K should have at least tried to work something out to maybe a 5 hour delay. Big egos were the downfall of this tournament. It was turned into a high school drama (I was guy #7 the hot one) and you had adults pitching fits over a video game.

Message 1630 of 1,643 (344 Views)
Reply
0 Likes