Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dec 18, 2012

mbhitman wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

I'm responding to his response on my comment. I could adress anything I want in this thread or anything else for that matter.  

You're also replying off-topic and derailing this thread.  Which is against the rules of the forum. 

This thread has been derailed too many times already, especially by extremely offensive stuff (homophobic posts & pics etc.)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 1381 of 1,643 (1,107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2408 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

mbhitman wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

I'm responding to his response on my comment. I could adress anything I want in this thread or anything else for that matter.  

You're also replying off-topic and derailing this thread.  Which is against the rules of the forum. 

Ok, I'll edit my response.

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 1382 of 1,643 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2408 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

mbhitman wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Naughty-DoG_Boy wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

These muslims? They're Saudis and not all arabs are muslim you filthy minded piece of crap. 

lolwut?

95-100% of saudis are.

What's the problem? I didn't say anything offensive.

I like how you play blind to the issue. Instead of calling them Saudi's or Saudi Elite, you adressed them by the religion that happens to be the majority in that country. Do you know for a fact that they're muslim? Why didn't you adress Get+ as christian, jew, buddhist, atheist, or what ever they believe in? 

Ok, yeah, it was an inappropriate comment, and was clearly ignorant. 

But I can't understand why you think that keeping it going is going to solve anything. 

If anything, you are continuing to drive this thread further off-topic, with repeated posts about the winners religion and the idiot who commented on it.  Just let it go.  Stop derailing this thread.

BACK on topic.  Man, I have been away from this game, and these forums for about 6 months.  I have finally had a chance to get back to my ps3 and am trying to get caught back up with both the topics in the forums and the new changes in the gameplay. 

I spent the better part of an hour, reading this entire thread, and catching up on all the happenings of this tourney.  And I have to say, BIG2KREW really let this one head down a bad direction.  Although the final decision to DQ the cheating teams was indeed the best and most appropriate action, it seems as if it could have easily been avoided if they had just stuck to the rules from the start. 

The tourney was very unorganized and mis-managed.  The way the finals were handled was very unprofessional.  I can't beleive B2K is attempting to hold these tourneys, but not really conducting them in a very professional manner at all. 

Without a doubt, BIG2KREW has lost all credibility in my eyes.  I am sure there will be a solid lack of enrollment in the next tourney they host. 

I'm responding to his response on my comment. I could adress anything I want in this thread or anything else for that matter.  If this got out of hand, I would have stopped. As for the subject matter of this thread, its done. People cheated, they got banned, b2k made horrible decisions pertaining to the finals, Get+ exposed b2k, the end. Now things are just being repeated.

You're right, you can address what you want. I personally ignored the reply and moved on, you decided to call him out for being the idiot as he is. No problem there, some people need to be hit with facts and told "You're not contributing to anything, you're not expressing your opinions like you're suppose to. You're just being an idiot" A forum is made for discussions be it you agreeing or disagreeing with something as long as it's done in a civil manner, you can be dead wrong and I won't think any less of you because you kept it civil and debated like an intelligent human being.

That's my input anyways.

HOWEVER mbh made a good point as well. As I said I ignored it and moved on reading, but as I continue reading I find his post quoted and or the subject still being brought up making it hard to ignore his stupidity as I desired. But like you're saying, post whatever you want. It's not like it's against the rules to prove someone wrong or anything.

I know it had something to do with religion of the players of SE but I still wanted to comment on his response to MY comment. I know when to stop if it got heated, especially when it comes to religion. As for the the thread being de-railed, it has been many times, and it even got to the point that an individual made personal attacks towards B2K. But In comparison to my response, I guess that was acceptable. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 1383 of 1,643 (1,058 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Allahu akbar.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1384 of 1,643 (1,033 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4961 posts

Dec 18, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

mbhitman wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Off-topic: Holy crap, are you back for real this time?! Smiley Happy

I've been playing UC3 all weekend, and checking in on the forums when I have a moment.  I may play for a couple weeks until I max out my level....now that they raised the cap.

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 1385 of 1,643 (950 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
14 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I completely agree with you, let me tell you my side of the story. In short of course, since I am not a native English speaker.

So, what happened. My clan called Sir* joined this tournament, we've been around in the competitive side of Uncharted 3 for almost 5 months now and had never played in such a big tournement. It was our dream to do this and we had a great line up!

So, a couple of weeks before the tournament would start. I began reading the rules of it so we could practise, and to my surprise, ROF wasn't banned and yet Blindfire accuracy was! In my eyes, ROF being the most OP mod in Uncharted 3, I thought this was nothing but amazingly stupid to not ban in a competitive tournament. So I wrote a comment on the forum, which quote on quote said this: 'Well, the last season, most used ROF Micro. And what the heck were they thinking? ROF/BlindFire KAL is just allowed. But  ROF/ Blindfire M9 isn't? Shame on this tournament.. Lol.'.

A couple of days after I posted that, I got a reply to it from someone in charge for B2K. He responded this: 'We made it very clear that any disrespect to the tournament organisers or the competition itself will not be tolerated! Yet you have clearly ignored our very simple instructions and have left us no choice but to remove you and your team from the competition.'

After that, I've tried to get back a couple of times and I failed. It seemed that no one from B2K understood that I was sarcastic in that comment and that someone who is not a native speaker will not always sound the way he wants to sound. For me and my whole team, this was a big dissapointment, though, we still loved to follow and watch the tournament as it progressed and are sure to participate in future events if not only to win some prizes.

Now, that I've heard that more teams have been treated badly. And one of the best teams, if not best, had no chance to win this tournament at all. I changed my opinion about this. Although, I do understand that everything B2K does for the community and everything they arrange is in their spare time and that they will not get anything in return. And I DO respect this. I do think that there has been actions taken in an unfair way. And that they still should've done this different. A big tournament like this should be fair, even if there's nothing in return. There are prizes to win, there's a 'LEGEND STATUS - tW' to maintain for GET+. When this is the case, everyone should have an equal chance on winning the tournament, and this was not the case.

Thanks for reading and I hope you understand my side of the story better.. Smiley Wink

Responding to:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/BIG2KREW-UC3-LEGACY-TOURNIE-201...

Message 1386 of 1,643 (701 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Dec 19, 2012

First of all I support all that Big2krew has done for the Uncharted community because it is bigger than most people here combined. I understand the patience required to set up, administrate & even sucessfully get sponsors in order for their tournaments to grow. I do however disagree with the way the Final was handled but I understand why they did it.

The tournament itself was a success compared to previous ones. The amount of teams interested was at an all time high. But there were so many teams who completely disregarded the rules & just signed up because it was "Big2krew". If they had read the rules they would have noticed the 2 most important ones in my opinion: the legacy rule & the start time for each round.  

From what I can tell, quite a few teams had players which did not meet the legacy requirement. Instead some were given special dispensation in order to compete. I believe that was the wrong choice for the organisers, any team that didn't meet the original rules should have been kicked out, regardless of the "calibre" of the player. And its not like there was a lack of sign ups. Though there are some people in this community who lack common sense however you word something. 

The start time is there to ensure the games are actually played. If you can't make it thats your problem. But the Final in my opinion is a different story. The Final is meant to be about the 2 teams who have made it through all the qualification rounds to showcase the game in the competitive sense. Now I'm not gonna get into the whole debate as to whether the ruleset is truly competitive as I'll be here all day. Even more so the existance of top quality prizes would mean you would want the 2 teams to have a fair match to determine the rightful winners. So the whole fiasco of uneven teams in a Final is baffling. The wrong decision was made by Big2krew here in my opinion, and it could have so easily been avoided but credit to them they stuck to their rules however "unfair" they may be to the outside audience. 

Funny enough I have also been involved in something similar, albeit we weren't playing for big prizes, just a signature & a trophy on a website. On Uncharted 2 we had a 4v4 tournament where in the Final 1 of the opponent's players could not connect to anyones host. Despite resetting routers & all other attempts to fix it, nothing worked. The organisers here would also not move the date. However we suggested that they used a pickup, i.e another player but they refused for some reason and decided to play a man down. This was even worse than this case because the map/modes were Plaza - Plunder & Ice Cave - Turf War; yep objective modes not TDM. Credit to them they did really well for being a player down but the victory did not feel like a big tournament final win given the circumstances. 

Ultimately I feel there was 1 decision which was wrongly chosen which ended up with this situation. Given the importance of a Final, I don't think it would be that bad to postpone it for a few days. Having said that, you can't take any credit away from SE as well as GET+ who have acted with respect to their opponents. I don't doubt the next tournament Big2krew launches will be that much effected by the events of this, but for sure they will have lost some fans. But hopefully next time people actually read the rules before signing up, to prevent in particularly the legacy rule from being a problem again. Sure they have made a mistake in the opinion of most, mine too, but given what they have done for the community & listening to their reasoning, you can move on. 

Message 1387 of 1,643 (680 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Dec 19, 2012

goodgoa wrote:

First of all I support all that Big2krew has done for the Uncharted community because it is bigger than most people here combined. I understand the patience required to set up, administrate & even sucessfully get sponsors in order for their tournaments to grow. I do however disagree with the way the Final was handled but I understand why they did it.

The tournament itself was a success compared to previous ones. The amount of teams interested was at an all time high. But there were so many teams who completely disregarded the rules & just signed up because it was "Big2krew". If they had read the rules they would have noticed the 2 most important ones in my opinion: the legacy rule & the start time for each round.  

From what I can tell, quite a few teams had players which did not meet the legacy requirement. Instead some were given special dispensation in order to compete. I believe that was the wrong choice for the organisers, any team that didn't meet the original rules should have been kicked out, regardless of the "calibre" of the player. And its not like there was a lack of sign ups. Though there are some people in this community who lack common sense however you word something. 

The start time is there to ensure the games are actually played. If you can't make it thats your problem. But the Final in my opinion is a different story. The Final is meant to be about the 2 teams who have made it through all the qualification rounds to showcase the game in the competitive sense. Now I'm not gonna get into the whole debate as to whether the ruleset is truly competitive as I'll be here all day. Even more so the existance of top quality prizes would mean you would want the 2 teams to have a fair match to determine the rightful winners. So the whole fiasco of uneven teams in a Final is baffling. The wrong decision was made by Big2krew here in my opinion, and it could have so easily been avoided but credit to them they stuck to their rules however "unfair" they may be to the outside audience. 

Funny enough I have also been involved in something similar, albeit we weren't playing for big prizes, just a signature & a trophy on a website. On Uncharted 2 we had a 4v4 tournament where in the Final 1 of the opponent's players could not connect to anyones host. Despite resetting routers & all other attempts to fix it, nothing worked. The organisers here would also not move the date. However we suggested that they used a pickup, i.e another player but they refused for some reason and decided to play a man down. This was even worse than this case because the map/modes were Plaza - Plunder & Ice Cave - Turf War; yep objective modes not TDM. Credit to them they did really well for being a player down but the victory did not feel like a big tournament final win given the circumstances. 

Ultimately I feel there was 1 decision which was wrongly chosen which ended up with this situation. Given the importance of a Final, I don't think it would be that bad to postpone it for a few days. Having said that, you can't take any credit away from SE as well as GET+ who have acted with respect to their opponents. I don't doubt the next tournament Big2krew launches will be that much effected by the events of this, but for sure they will have lost some fans. But hopefully next time people actually read the rules before signing up, to prevent in particularly the legacy rule from being a problem again. Sure they have made a mistake in the opinion of most, mine too, but given what they have done for the community & listening to their reasoning, you can move on. 

Message 1388 of 1,643 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2408 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

nvm

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 1389 of 1,643 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
622 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Guys. Screw it. This tourney is over, lets just move on.

Message 1390 of 1,643 (623 Views)