Highlighted
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dec 17, 2012

I see nothing has really changed around here lol, none surprising.

Anyway congrats to the (SE~) for winning a 5v3 I guess? Oddly enough that sounds rather stupid but slightly funny none the less.

Message 1281 of 1,643 (1,066 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 17, 2012
, this was a very bad organized torunament by Big2krew.
Message 1282 of 1,643 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 17, 2012

I totally agree with you tW  after reading all the facts you presented. It is really baffling how dadypain could act in such a way. You have all my support and I hope that in the future, things like these do not happen. Cheers and have fun!

Message 1283 of 1,643 (985 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Kudoed. =)

Message 1284 of 1,643 (929 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

Hey guys,

First of all we would like to take this opportunity to wish team SE congratulations on their win and as being crowned as BIG2KREW end of year world champion. Regardless of all the other issues which took we shouldnt let anything take away from their victory and their moment as they truly deserve it. Well done team SE :-)

Now in relation to the drama that occured in the Grand Finals: Its funny that how a number of days ago we were accused of showing favortism towards GET+ for taking action and suspending two teams from the Sem-Finals and as a result reinstating Team GET+ and Team Art. And know with this latest episode in the finals we've been accused of bullying team GET+ and harshly treating them.

Well it certainly cant be both can it? Now we are not here to verbally bash or throw insults at anyone. As we have always done we will always do what we feel is right regardless of outside pressure and influence which attempt to force us to take any particular action.

So its upto you, the community, not to allow any particular person to sway your opinion but to be competely objective and review the situation accordingly.

So as a result we have put together a verbal account of the events that took place for your to review and anaylse the overall situation objectively:

Thank you for your time.

Regards

dadypain

BIG2KREW

Message 1285 of 1,643 (898 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Dec 17, 2012

i'm sorry, this could have been handled in a better way. I've heard why you did not accept day change request from various teams during this tournament, but is it worth? You were able to brief, handle various issues being available at the scheduled time, but you had a poor last chapter of the tournament, plus a big loss of credibility in front of the community. You said that it's the same way you managed the situation with Pro, Omg and Zeus, but this can't be an explanation, those were wrong decisions too, and perpetrate them doesn't turn them into right ones.

In the end i'm very sorry about what happened, because you were able to handle properly the Q/Sk/Kira situation, but you failed to do so this time.

Message 1286 of 1,643 (873 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

Wait.  I'm confused. 

Is this a case of "THEMS THE RULES," or is it a case of "PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD BY ACCOMODATING" for the sake of the event, the parties invovled, and the prizes at hand. 

Wow.  Tough stuff. 

I know alot of folks are taking sides here, that's to be expected, so soon after the event.  Fingers will be pointed.  The important question is can we learn and grow from this, or do we let it drag everthing down into the crapper?  There's some emotion involved here, understandable, but when the dust clears on this we need to learn from it.  ALL SIDES.  PERIOD.  We can disagree and still try to find solutions, still try to do the right thing.   

Again.  As an outside observer, not tied in emotionally, what a tough situation.  Both sides are right and wrong for different reasons, from what I can gather.  The need is to observe and learn from mistakes and success of the event in total.  In weeks to come folks will refelct on this, they won't be as close to it, and hopefully the charged emotion is removed and we can really consider what would have been best. 

In my estimation, both sides are a little right and little wrong here, and that's what makes this interesting. 

PS.  Is SE happy with this win?  Has anyone for SE come fowared with their view (excuse my ignorance on SE members)?  I would imagine in general yes, they're happy, but to do it 3 vs. 5 took the air right out of the Final. 

Message 1287 of 1,643 (850 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

Dec 17, 2012

I see so BOTH teams have to agree to a time change and SE couldn't/wouldn't change. Doesn't that seem fair enough. How far in advance was the time for the final announced? If you can't make all the matches I guess you have to pull out/not enter. 
However that doesn't explain letting a player who hadn't legacied enter the tournament

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have to use hunters to win a match you're a bit of c^&t
Message 1288 of 1,643 (848 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Stf87 wrote:

i'm sorry, this could have been handled in a better way. I've heard why you did not accept day change request from various teams during this tournament, but is it worth? You were able to brief, handle various issues being available at the scheduled time, but you had a poor last chapter of the tournament, plus a big loss of credibility in front of the community. You said that it's the same way you managed the situation with Pro, Omg and Zeus, but this can't be an explanation, those were wrong decisions too, and perpetrate them doesn't turn them into right ones.

In the end i'm very sorry about what happened, because you were able to handle properly the Q/Sk/Kira situation, but you failed to do so this time.

I think you are looking at this in wrong way. Its not about whether you think the rules/schedule are right or wrong. The point here is that our competitions HAVE set rules and a set schedule so if you cant adhere to them or are unhappy with any of them then its better not to take part to avoid dissapointment. Zanick from Team RRE on facebook illustrated this very point very well when he said that he was unhappy with the format and rules and as a result decided not to take part; and we totally respect that.

This is the fourth world tournament we have organised in total and our schedule of playing on weekends and at 8pm UK time has NEVER CHANGED All teams are well aware of this fact and as result make preparations from the very beginning.

You cannot then enter a competition, (accepting the rules and schedule) reach all the way to the final and ask for a special acception for day change at the end which no other team was afforded. Its simply not fair on every other team who has taken part throughout the competition and not been allowed to do so.

Ofcourse we wanted nothing more than to have an epic Grand-Final but certainly not at the cost of giving one team special treatment.

thanks

Regards

dadypain

BIG2KREW

Message 1289 of 1,643 (826 Views)
Wastelander
578 posts

Dec 17, 2012

withnail69 wrote:

I see so BOTH teams have to agree to a time change and SE couldn't/wouldn't change. Doesn't that seem fair enough. How far in advance was the time for the final announced? If you can't make all the matches I guess you have to pull out/not enter. 
However that doesn't explain letting a player who hadn't legacied enter the tournament

Exactly! The schedule for the entire competition including the final is set atleast 2 weeks before the competition started and is available on the original post, have a look for confirmation.

Message 1290 of 1,643 (917 Views)