Apr 25 2012
By: dadypain Wastelander 578 posts

BIG2 - UC3 TOURNAMENT 2012 - NEW BEGINNING *GET+ TDM CHAMPS AND ABADEEZY FFA CHAMP*

1346 replies 1695 views Edited Apr 25, 2012

Hey folks,

ITS TIMEEE!!!!!!!

Just like us I know all you dedicated hardcore Uncharted fans have been putting in the hours racking up kills on the leaderboard and fine tuning your skills to test yourselves against the elite to prove yourselves as the worlds best!!

But now....your chance to do so on the big stage is finally here! BIG2 are proud to present our first UC3 Tournament titled: New Beginning!

Our previous 2 UC2 tournaments had a capacity of 16 teams but with the growing enthusiasm and dedication to our beloved UC3 multiplayer we are aiming for a 32 team standard TDM straight elimination setup.....with a twist.

What's that you're wondering? Well here comes the cool bit....In addition to the TDM Tournament each 5 man team must select their best Free-For-All player to represent their team in a 32 man FFA Tournament. So if your team didn't perform aswell as expected there's a chance for a great solo effort to redeem your team.

Full coverage of all rounds (except the opening round in the TDM tournament) will be available for your viewing pleasure on our youtube page at:

www.youtube.com/BIG2KREW

When?: 3rd and 4th (Saturday and Sunday) March 2012 at 8pm UK time is the opening round. With the first 16 teams playing on Saturday 3rd and the second 16 teams playing the following day. Last 16 round and quarter finals will take place the following weekend at the same time with the semi-final and the grand final taking place on the weekend after that. We will then finally conclude with the FFA tournament so the total competition will take place over 4 weeks.

All matches and rounds will always commence at 8pm UK time on weekends only. So in order to figure out what time it will be where you are simply use the following time zone converter:

www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Gamer ID: All players must be a minimum of a level 75. This is to discourage players from using second accounts to play for more than one team.

Format: Straight elimination, all matches being best of 3 standard TDM (50 kills, 20 mins time limit with NO POWER PLAYS) with tournament final being best of 5.

Maps Used: Chateau, Desert Village, Facility, Syria, Yemen, City of Brass, Airport, Molten Ruins and London Underground (the cinematic sequence on both LU and Airport are is strictly a no fight zone and fighting can only commence once the train arrives, any kills whether by accident or deliberate will instantly result in the other team winning the map). Teams will be allowed ONE disconnection each ONLY DURING the cinematic sequence where they can restart the map again. For example, if a map just started during the London Underground and a player during the train sequence was disconnected then the match is restarted. This rule applies only ONCE per team. If a player disconnects once again from the same team then the map will be scrapped for that round and both teams move on and play the next choice map e.g. if the random map choice selection for the matchup London Underground, City of Brass and facility (in that order) then they would simply move onto City of Brass.

For matchups, maps are selected at random by BIG2 from the selection above on match day.

What CANT we use?:

Boosters: Bargain, Explosive shell expert, Daredevil, Kickback Endurance, For My Buddy. The 3 booster trick which allows you to use 2 standard boosters aswell as a green booster is also prohibited.

Mods: Call Out as an individual mod and any character weapon which incorporates Call Out will be prohibited.

Paid Boosters: All paid boosters are prohibited.

How are results confirmed?: Once the match is complete, each clan leader MUST send results along with cinema file for confirmation in order for their victory to be confirmed and progress to the next round.

Fair Play: Any users found to be cheating e.g. glitching, lag switching will result in the entire team automatically being disqualified.

Who will host the match: 1 hour before the tournament starts dadypain will invite each of the clan leaders into a UC3 lobby to go over the basic rules and flip a coin to decide who hosts the match and advise the teams of the order of the maps used.

Disconnections: Once the match begins there are no restarts, even if a player disconnects, the team will simply have to continue without them.

In the event that the host disconnects and the game ends the match will be restarted and must be hosted by the other clan leader (previous host cannot continue the remainder of that map but can resume the following). The scores will carry on until the combined total of games reaches 50 kills i.e. if the score was 20 - 20 and the game ends, the amount needed for the restarted game is 30 kills for one team to win the match. Please note that the host that was disconnected CANNOT continue in the restart of that map but may resume in the next map.

In the unlikely event that the host migrates upon a disconnection (when the hosts disconnects and both teams return to starting positions) ALL remaining players MUST exit the game and restart the map carrying over any kills WITHOUT the original host who disconnected.

Lag: We are sure most of you have come across lag some point during online gameplay. Unfortunately this is something that is out of our hands and we cannot control. We urge all players to avoid using their bandwidth for nothing other than online gameplay during tournament hours as doing so will result in you lagging and may cause a disconnection and under tournament rules you will not be allowed to rejoin that particular map.

Prizes:

- TDM Tournament Champions - Will receive a £60 prize (95 Dollars or 70 Euros) paid either by paypal or a playstation network gift card.

- A Final Thoughts video dedicated to the team which will include an interview with the players and their best moments.

- TDM Tournament MVP           - Will receive a £20 prize (30 Dollars or 25 Euros) paid either by paypal or a playstation network gift card.

- A montage dedicated to the MVP on our page.

- Free-For-All Champion           - Will receive a £20 prize (30 Dollars or 25 Euros) paid either by paypal or a playstation network gift card.
                                              - A montage dedicatd to the FFA champion on our page.

We have also been in contact with Naughty Dog who have shown their support for our tournaments and in potentially offering some prizes but we have yet to receive confirmation of this, we will keep you posted as we know more.

Good luck to you all and may the best team/player win ;-)

"Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not responsible for this promotion."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results and draw: (12/03/2012)

From 32 teams we are now down to the last 4 of the tournament people!. The semi-finals being played on Saturday 17th March 2012 at 8pm uk time and the Grand Final being played the following day (Sunday 18th March 2012 at 8pm uk time).

What can i say, its been a fantastic tournament so far with a wide variety of strategies and tactics being used and its been a real pleasure to watch and follow it all as it happened. Theres been some super close tense encounters while in other matches some teams have really turned on the pressure and won in convincing fashion.

We've been mega busy trying to get these matches edited and uploaded for you and will keep you posted as to when the matches are available on youtube.

Round 1 results:

Team  Get+btTeam Zeus2 - 0
Team VMXCbtTeam -tD-2 - 0
Team AoD+btTeam +$AX2 - 0
Team MytXbtTeam !RRE2 - 0
Team PRO_btTeam ReD+2 - 0
Team -Art*btTeam Nw$!2 - 0
Team Se4LbtTeam GxK+2 - 0
Team OxbtTeam EmK-2 - 0
Team OmG!btTeam PxG2 - 0
Team SKbtTeam GWA\2 - 0
Team DTbtTeam GaR+2 - 0
Team 3es3btTeam !DT+2 - 0
Team _tFFbtTeam IRAK2 - 1
Team FnxXbtTeam DoD-2 - 1
Team LynXbtTeam *DA*2 - 1
Team T2glbtTeam 2 - 0

Round 2 results:

Team Get+btTeam VMXC2 - 0
Team AoD+btTeam MytX2 - 0
Team PRO_btTeam -Art*2 - 1
Team OxbtTeam Se4L2 - 1
Team SKbtTeam OmG!2 - 0
Team 3es3btTeam DT2 - 1
Team FnxXbtTeam _tFF2 - 0
Team T2gLbtTeam DA2 - 0

Quarter Final results:

Team Get+btTeam AoD+2 - 0
Team PRO_btTeam Ox2 - 0
Team SKbtTeam 3es32 - 0
Team FnxXbtTeam T2gl2 - 0

Semi Final results:

Team GET+btTeam PRO_2 - 1
Team FnxXbtTeam SK2 - 0

Grand Final result:

Team GET+btTeam FnxX3 - 0

GRAND CHAMPIONS TEAM GET+

Table draw:

tournament+draw (2).jpg

Full first round match footage:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL04CCC5B5FBE6C9D3&feature=plcp

Second round match footage:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL51C93C45F0A7AFD7

Quarter Final match footage:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFC0814E2E1280B3A

Semi Final match footage:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL245424398FD4F1EB

Good luck to the remaining 4 teams, we're expecting some explosive action as the teams go head-to-head to prove they are top of the food chain. Cant wait to see how this turns out and see these players in action.

dadypain

www.youtube.com/BIG2KREW

www.facebook.com/dadypain

Message 1342 of 1,347 (1,695 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
763 posts

Re: BIG2 - UC3 TOURNAMENT 2012 - NEW BEGINNING

Feb 6, 2012

dadypain wrote:

What CANT we use?:

Boosters: Bargain, Explosive shell expert, Daredevil, Kickback Endurance, For My Buddy. The 3 booster trick which allows you to use 2 standard boosters aswell as a green booster is also prohibited.

Mods: Call Out as an individual mod and any character weapon which incorporates Call Out will be prohibited.

Seems kinda dumb tbh.  I could understand no paid boosters but they can't use regular boosters that are in the game to be used?  Gotcha is fine to use but not For My Buddy or Kickback Endurance?  Lol okay.  There's nothing really worth using in slot 2 besides Bargain or Daredevil.  I always have to just roll my eyes when I see "tournaments" or the like who ban certain aspects of the game (certain guns, boosters, or mods). 

Message 1 of 1,347 (1,695 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

Feb 6, 2012

Nice, I should get a team for this. Looks really well-organized.

0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Feb 6, 2012

idk.. i may have team that can participate....but at the rate things they probably wont mae it );   ill try to get a group together and play in this tourney.

Message 3 of 1,347 (1,695 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

Feb 6, 2012

Cool I'll get a team

Message 4 of 1,347 (1,695 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Feb 6, 2012

Why no Daredevil? Is being able to get ammo and grenades considered OP?

Message 5 of 1,347 (1,695 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Feb 6, 2012

why are so many things banned? especially daredevil. explosive shell expert....meh. Bargain OK. but you didnt ban gotcha, let me see or come here?

Message 6 of 1,347 (1,695 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 6, 2012

melew25 wrote:

Cool I'll get a team

--------------- UC3 GameBattles Clan: Dreamers of the Day . My stats, first 3 months: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRT7CVACghk

I'm a free agent unless squid wants to make a team.

Dumb things are banned though and I wish it was plunder.

FraggedNation.com
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Game Director
Twitter.com/iBersto
Message 7 of 1,347 (1,695 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Feb 6, 2012

I look forward to watching OmG! win this one.

Message 8 of 1,347 (1,695 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

Feb 6, 2012

@Bersto

Maybe but I have 5 people I was gonna ask already

Message 9 of 1,347 (1,695 Views)
0 Likes