Reply
Monster Hunter
Registered: 08/20/2012
Offline
31 posts
 

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone else only see gray (no green bars) next to their psn name during matchmaking in the lobby (I.e Internet connection signal)?  I assume you just don't get to see your own connectivity because everyone else in the lobby I can see has varying levels of connectivity..... 2 bars, 3 bars, etc.

 

However I never have any bars and I know my connection is decent 13mb down / 3.0mb up.

Message 471 of 1,061 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
6452 posts
 

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

awolf0071 wrote:

Does anyone else only see gray (no green bars) next to their psn name during matchmaking in the lobby (I.e Internet connection signal)?  I assume you just don't get to see your own connectivity because everyone else in the lobby I can see has varying levels of connectivity..... 2 bars, 3 bars, etc.

 

However I never have any bars and I know my connection is decent 13mb down / 3.0mb up.


This is a little confusing. First make sure if you have bars or not, and they will always be grey next to your own name. You start off saying you have grey bars by your name, but then at the end you say you have no bars. Ideally you would have 5 grey bars, but if you have low bars for yourself you should expect to be lagging.

Message 472 of 1,061 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 08/20/2012
Offline
31 posts
 

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

Sep 12, 2012

SKIN - thanks for answering.  What I meant was that I have all grey bars (5) but I was confused by that because all the other players show a varying amount of GREEN bars. To me, common sense would indicate that green means u have a signal and grey means you don't.  That, and I would assume that everyone would have the same signal Color scheme. Not grey for you and green for everyone else.

 

So what ur saying is that for yourself in the lobby, a signal is represented with grey bars and for all other players, signal Strength is measured in green bars?

Message 473 of 1,061 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

Sep 12, 2012
What is STOPPING POWER?
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 474 of 1,061 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/01/2010
Offline
4145 posts
 

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

Sep 12, 2012

AlexDarkshield wrote:
What is STOPPING POWER?

Stopping Power (SP for short) is the term used to describe the slow-down affect that occurs when someone is shot with a gun- basically any long gun that isn't a sniper. After a few bullets make contact, the player temporarily slows down from the force of the bullets, though s/he can roll to minimalize its effects.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 475 of 1,061 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

Sep 12, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

AlexDarkshield wrote:
What is STOPPING POWER?

Stopping Power (SP for short) is the term used to describe the slow-down affect that occurs when someone is shot with a gun- basically any long gun that isn't a sniper. After a few bullets make contact, the player temporarily slows down from the force of the bullets, though s/he can roll to minimalize its effects.


The player that is shooting gets slowed down? or the one recieving the bullets? 

YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 476 of 1,061 (243 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/01/2010
Offline
4145 posts
 

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

Sep 12, 2012

AlexDarkshield wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

AlexDarkshield wrote:
What is STOPPING POWER?

Stopping Power (SP for short) is the term used to describe the slow-down affect that occurs when someone is shot with a gun- basically any long gun that isn't a sniper. After a few bullets make contact, the player temporarily slows down from the force of the bullets, though s/he can roll to minimalize its effects.


The player that is shooting gets slowed down? or the one recieving the bullets? 


The player that is getting shot slows down. The player shooting has to deal with recoil. Smiley Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 477 of 1,061 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
71 posts
 

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

Sep 12, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

awolf0071 wrote:

Does anyone else only see gray (no green bars) next to their psn name during matchmaking in the lobby (I.e Internet connection signal)?  I assume you just don't get to see your own connectivity because everyone else in the lobby I can see has varying levels of connectivity..... 2 bars, 3 bars, etc.

 

However I never have any bars and I know my connection is decent 13mb down / 3.0mb up.


This is a little confusing. First make sure if you have bars or not, and they will always be grey next to your own name. You start off saying you have grey bars by your name, but then at the end you say you have no bars. Ideally you would have 5 grey bars, but if you have low bars for yourself you should expect to be lagging.


Wait so more bars is better... I though this at first, but then I read somewhere that lower bars are better.... SO which is it?

I know that low ping is good... and so the more bars you have... the lower your ping is? Is that how it works?

Message 478 of 1,061 (234 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/09/2012
Offline
277 posts
 

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

Sep 12, 2012

zgenzey wrote:
Wait so more bars is better... I though this at first, but then I read somewhere that lower bars are better.... SO which is it?

I know that low ping is good... and so the more bars you have... the lower your ping is? Is that how it works?


 

From what I've experienced, more bars is better. Everytime my Internet lags, everyone has 1 bar, but when I have good connection, others with good connection tend to have 3-5.

 

In all, more bars > less bars

Message 479 of 1,061 (340 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/30/2010
Offline
400 posts
 

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

Sep 13, 2012

i was playing monastery on crushing the other day and we got to the statue and I found a PAK-80 on the ground near the statue, and no it wasn't from the brute, I killed him with said pak-80.

 

Also worth noting that my partner, on the church exit checkpoint, was carrying the pak which naturally drops to the ground when the cutscene starts so the question is:

 

Was it a glitch that made the pak be near the statue or is there a way to make it happen?

Message 480 of 1,061 (321 Views)
Reply
0 Likes