Monster Hunter
30 posts

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

Feb 4, 2013

ahmedraxil wrote:

Can anybody help? Game always freezes when I press X at the message of the day screen. =/

Solution, please.

I don't know how to explain that, maybe there is something wrong with your disc or your PS3. My disc actually got nicked once and now it freezes sometimes when I try do certain stuff. Someone else here could probably give you a better explanation than me though.

Anyways, onto my questions about Call Out:

1. I've always been a little bit confused about how Call Out works exactly. If you have Call Out on your gun, do you simply just have to aim your gun at the enemy and they'll be marked, or do you have to shoot them first? I originally thought that you just had to aim your gun at them, but there have been times where I've done that, asked my teammates over the mic if they saw the enemies (which didn't have Cloaked on), and they said that they didn't see them.

2. Is there a range for which Call Out works?

3. Finally, if you have Cloaked on (I have it at Gold), are you protected against Call Out?

Message 881 of 1,061 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3800 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Ehh, I guess the reload speed doesn't help with SAS. I tried it in LAN mode with Space helmet on.

Either the difference is too small to notice, or it just doesn't help at all.

Message 882 of 1,061 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3800 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Silent_Foe- wrote:

Anyways, onto my questions about Call Out:

1. I've always been a little bit confused about how Call Out works exactly. If you have Call Out on your gun, do you simply just have to aim your gun at the enemy and they'll be marked, or do you have to shoot them first? I originally thought that you just had to aim your gun at them, but there have been times where I've done that, asked my teammates over the mic if they saw the enemies (which didn't have Cloaked on), and they said that they didn't see them.

2. Is there a range for which Call Out works?

3. Finally, if you have Cloaked on (I have it at Gold), are you protected against Call Out?

1. All you need to do, is to aim them and they'll get marked (The eye appears on top of them). Only your teammates can see this. You also (obviously) need to keep aiming them. If you stop, they are no longer marked. Players using Cloaked cannot be marked.

2. It works at all ranges.

3. Yes, and not just Call Out. You're also immune to:

• Come here
  • For my buddy
  • Exposed Powerplay
  • Let me see
  • Disruption (like the booster says)
  • Ping
  • X-ray hats
  • Possibly something else I forgot to mention Smiley Tongue

Message 883 of 1,061 (356 Views)
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Feb 6, 2013

A few questions in regards to treasures shared on Facebook for friends to get cash on…

1. The cash you can get for most treasures can be claimed by up to 10 people, and with these you’ll get $500 for each treasure that you claim. I noticed though that with some treasures, cash can only be claimed by 5 people or just 1 person. The cash that you get from these treasures is worth more than what you get with the regular treasures (I’m also assuming that these treasures are rarer), and I’ve determined that the treasures only available to 1 person are worth $20,000, but I’ve never figured out how much the treasures only offered to 5 people are worth. Does someone know the exact amount that you get for these?

2. Whenever you post a treasure for people to claim, you’ll get rewarded with some cash yourself if people actually claim it. However, whenever you post a treasure that can only be claimed by 1 or 5 people, and someone claims it, do you get the cash equivalent for what it is worth? For example: if one of my treasures can only be claimed by 1 person, and someone claims it, will I actually get $20,000 for it?

3. In regards to individual treasures that multiple people can claim, do you only get cash for the first person that makes a claim on your treasure, or will the cash add up as more people claim it? For example: if I share a common treasure which up to 10 people can claim for $500 each, and 10 people end up claiming it, will I only get $500 for the first person who placed a claim on it or will I get an added total of $5,000 for the 10 claims combined?

Message 884 of 1,061 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Is there a reason for getting randomly removed from game?
Message 885 of 1,061 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I know this isn't Uncharted 3 related, but whatever.

Is it possible to connect basic earphones to a PS3?

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 886 of 1,061 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3800 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

I might have mentioned this earlier, but I noticed today when I was checking my medals, that I have 52 Shade Survivalist medals. That shouldn't be possible, because I'm missing both Fort DLC and Shade survival.

How did I get them?

Message 887 of 1,061 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Does anyone know roughly how big the new patch will be? I hope it's not too big, I hardly have any space on my phat PS3! Arg!
Also, will be out late March?
Message 888 of 1,061 (274 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Quick q (as I can't find the solution recently)...

I have found that during gameplay in the past week or so, my weapon randomly changes from Long gun to Pistol (without purposefully changing).

Would this be a problem with my controller? Smiley Frustrated

Message 889 of 1,061 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1925 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I'm guessing it's your controller
Message 890 of 1,061 (266 Views)
0 Likes