Highlighted
Jan 14 2013
By: CaptainProduce67 Wastelander 685 posts

Artifact and Antiquity sets: There is hope?

16 replies 505 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

Finally completed the Deity Statue set yesterday (Ball Cap for Nathan Drake).

Now, I need only one treasure for the Artifact and Antiquity sets to get those respective trophies.  Frankly, I'd pretty much given up hope and it was extremely frustrating because the last handful treasures I needed were all co-op and I play that mode in about 95% of my matches.

It's been months since I'd gotten a new co-op treasure (if you don't count the Skull Bead for Doughnut Drake - gotten on Monastery Hard, by the way) and I was beginning to resign myself to never completing those sets and getting the trophies.

So..I will keep playing and hoping that eventually, Salim will have goggles, Talbot will be a cowboy and I will have two more trophies!

Happy Hunting.

Message 1 of 17 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Re: Artifact and Antiquity sets: There is hope?

Jan 14, 2013
never give up. play Hunter Arena from time to time. Every now and then when I come back to it, I actually unlock something new. If, however, I just played dull old regular Arena all day I would get nada.

Anyway, I hope to be in your position eventually. I still have about 7 of the non Adventure sets to complete :[
Cutter
Message 2 of 17 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
387 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I pretty much gave up. I'm only missing one treasure drop from each of the two sets and no matter how much I play, I don't get anything new. I took advantage of the "rare" treasure drop weekend and got the same common drops for both the sets I need. It was a slap to the face really. They are the baseball cap and headwrap for Drake.

In a Team Objective match like two days ago, I ran into a person who had about 1500+ co-op games played, over 300k NPC enemies killed...my friend messaged him to ask if he had completed all the treasure sets and his response was no. That is ridiculous.
Message 3 of 17 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Good idea.  Thanks.  I don't play Hunter that much because it's too much like competitive (with the accompanying lag frustration) but I guess I'll have to get over it. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 17 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I guess the approach to take is to keep playing (as Nanashi707 suggested).  I prefer co-op and will keep playing regardless.  My frustration stemmed from some friends having completed many sets I didn't have with a lot less co-op under their belts.  For example, one friend needs only 4 treasures now but has played about one quarter as much as me.

That Rare Treasure Weekend was a bust for me too though...no new treasures.  I'm just gonna take a laid back attitude and if it happens, great.  If not, at least I'll have the gaming experience with my friends.

Message 5 of 17 (462 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 15, 2013
It's possible...they're out there. JD helped me get the London map....need to harass him to help me get the others....
Message 6 of 17 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7294 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

I need 1 treasure for Ramses' hat.

I need 1 treasure for Skelzor.

Haven't seen them all my life, and think I never will...

although on the bright side, I played 1 game of classic and got both Eddy's AK and Marlowe's para 9. I run to 3TDM with my friend to try them out and in 1 game I also get Drake's AK. I shouted out loud on my mic and giggled so hard, that the opponents were like "huh????"

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 7 of 17 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

It's a grind, isn't it?  Took me over 1 year to complete all Co-Op sets, and I play mostly Co-Op.  I think completing all sets for Co-Op is the exception, not the rule.  Took me 4-5 months to get my last 2 treasures. 

In addition to playing Hunter, you may also want to inquire as to whether anyone you have on your friends list IS MISSING THE EXACT SAME ITEMS YOU ARE.  If so, play with that person.  For BOTH of my last two treasures I was playing with someone I rarely played with on my friends list, but they were missing the exact treaures I needed.  One popped up on Chateau and the last one showed on Facility.  Don't underestimate playing with people who need THE SAME PIECES. 

Good luck and happy hunting! 

Message 8 of 17 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Jan 16, 2013

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:
In addition to playing Hunter, you may also want to inquire as to whether anyone you have on your friends list IS MISSING THE EXACT SAME ITEMS YOU ARE.

that's really interesting, the way I always saw it was the opposite: play with someone who already has the treasure you are looking for. It's a duplicate for them so it should be more likely to pop up in general.

For instance, I was playing with a certain Coop vet, for the first time we played Arena together. He picked up a treasure and rejoiced that he was looking for it for a very long time. I on the other hand already had that treasure, it's been quite a pesky drop for some time. Not important, but I think it was the Priceless Tibetan set.

Keep in mind though that I haven't played a whole lot of Coop, so maybe my experience isn't as valid.

Cutter
Message 9 of 17 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3811 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I remember when I unlocked Cat ears for Elena from the ARENA! What's even more funny is that I was splitscreening all by myself! I was just trying to level up boosters (It was around the time Ali had his Co-op Tourney) and around half way through round 1, it popped up.

I first though that "2/2? Another already completed set". After the game I checked unlocks tab and there it was. Smiley Happy

Map was Oasis.

I still got one Relic set (or two, can't remember) to complete and all the Co-op Adventure artifact sets (except the one you unlock in Borneo), and some Arena/Hunter sets.  

Message 10 of 17 (315 Views)
0 Likes