Fender Bender
4237 posts

Re: Anybody else miss the Airstrip & Underground intro sections?

Nov 4, 2012
Trains = Either hide where you spawn or run to their spawns and kill them.

Plane = Either stay in trucks or get lag killed.

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 31 of 38 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Nov 4, 2012

No, I don't miss them at all. They're cool concepts, but just don't work out well enough during gameplay.

Message 32 of 38 (196 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Nov 4, 2012
I find running to kill them to be a good idea. Fun too. But watch your back, and you'll see some easy kills (bad spawns.) I haven't played airstrip intro since before the no intro patch. I liked it in the beta, but people in the plane would camp each entrance easy, and sometimes you'd spawn in front of them.

Message 33 of 38 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Nov 4, 2012
No not really. Besides being extremely laggy,awful spawns, and having terrible grenade physics, they were not thought out very well. Were they cool concepts? Yeah, they really were, however not enough time was put into the actual gameplay aspect of them, they were pretty much just flash.

For instance the cargo plane should have been bigger, and it should have had more cover, like in the campaign. It also should have had 4 doors instead of 2 because it is way too easy for 5 people to guard 3 entrances.

The train should have been about twice as wide and a couple cars longer, and it most definitely shouldn't have been coated with butter.

tlousig2
Message 34 of 38 (178 Views)
Wastelander
567 posts

Nov 5, 2012
XD funny posts!! Ppl should post these kinds of comments more often.

....coated with butter XDD
Message 35 of 38 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
622 posts

Nov 5, 2012

I think i actually play them too much. No, I do not miss them, maybe airstrip just a bit.

Message 36 of 38 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 5, 2012

The intros are awesome on paper, but when lag is factored in (or the roofs of trains are too **bleep** narrow and have no prevention of rolling off) they become unfun waits towards the true match. 

ND should've let people vote on the Intros (and cutscenes), but instead they made it so the feature they pushed so hard almost never shows up in their final product. Smiley Indifferent

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 37 of 38 (153 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2467 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

I played them both yesterday. On airstrip people were teleporting, I finally got onto the plane and killed 5 people. They didnt die, they just fell down but after 90 seconds I fell down dead. And after an additional 25 seconds I spawned on the map, dead.
On london underground everything was blue and people got threw like 50 feet everytime they spawned.

Follow me on twitch!

https://www.twitch.tv/xx_raptor_a4_xx
Message 38 of 38 (134 Views)
0 Likes