Jan 10 2012
By: mbhitman Treasure Hunter 4961 posts

Another day of Matches, and the Rage Quitting has become even worse!

57 replies 36 views Edited Jan 10, 2012

I didn't think it would get worse than it was a few weeks ago, but indeed it has.  I guess more and more players are figuring out that they can just quit at the end of a match, and they won't be credited with the LOSS that they earned from the match.  Its disgusting.  It happens EVERY match.  As soon as one team reaches the 45-48 kill mark, everyone starts to bail immediately. 

A few mintues ago, I randomly ran into Climber129 in Hardcore mode.  We were both playing solo, on the same team, and matched up with other randoms.  It was a close match against a party of 5 (high level high leaderboard foreigners) and we lost a close match 45-50.  When the match ended, Climber129 and myself were the only 2 left on the scoreboard for our team, as our other 3 teammates quit as we were about to lose.

Its so sick.  I hope ND pushes an update soon to patch this.  The quitting is out of control.

Also, today I have been experiencing the WORST lag I have ever encountered on this game.  It seems to be worse in Hardcore.  I can't find anyone in that mode other than 5 man teams of laggy foreigners.  I checked my connection to make sure it wasn't an issue from my end.

1696148126.png

Am I the only one finding very very very laggy players in Hardcore today?

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 1 of 58 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Re: Another day of Matches, and the Rage Quitting has become even worse!

Jan 10, 2012

Traditionally, for me, this time of day has been the worst for lag.

I'm CT, so, there are far fewer people, schoolkids aren't out yet, and Europe and the Mid East's player pools are at their largest.

The Golden Hour, from about 9pm, CT, is always where I get the best gaming in Uncharted, lagwise.  I don't normally fire up the PS3 on a weekday before then, anyway.

But, agreed: I played some TDM recently, and the quitting was insane.  I also have started to see it in Plunder.

As soon as a game goes 3-0, or if it goes 2-0 inside 3-4 minutes, quitting starts.  I have a lot of game reports where there will be only 2-3 people listed for the opposition.   And games where an obvious kill farmer on my team bails as we win, and we finish with 4 players, usually because the win was so quick, he didn't have time to farm.

Plunder quitting for losing players tends to be pairs or trios, who are expecting to win, as a little group, and once they realise it's going against them, one goes, and the rest follow.  I usually have everyone muted, but if you're listening when the decision is made, you aleays hear someone say, "I'm outta here" or such.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 58 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 11, 2012

The Hardcore player pool is very small. Lag and stacked parties is the norm there.

I think most people play it to find treasures or maybe they are fed up with QB spamming (and that will be nerfed soon, so...) in TDM.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 58 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Jan 11, 2012

treasures are fucking impossible to find on hardcore, ive gone maybe 14 matches without 1 and kills averaging around 15 per match

Message 4 of 58 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 11, 2012

they need to change it so it doesn't just erase all of your stats from the game.  I always play alone so I am always on the team with no parties and if by chance my team is beating a team with groups, they always quit, or if we start losing then everyone on my team bails.

I'm not saying I don't quit games, but I usually only do it right when the match starts after joining mid game on the team losing by 25 kills, not after I died 10 times or we are about to lose.

Message 5 of 58 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4961 posts

Jan 11, 2012

Yes Hardcore treasures are rare. I've gone a full day in HC without a single treasure drop. However, that's not the topic of this thread. At all.

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 6 of 58 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Jan 11, 2012

nope sure isnt.

Message 7 of 58 (36 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1117 posts

Jan 11, 2012

I bet that the player count is under 40.000.

Im right @arne...isn´it?!!

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 8 of 58 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jan 11, 2012

I'm from Europe, playing Hardcore with one buddy every evening to get one elusive treasure piece and I've noticed the increased amount of rage quitting too recently. Indeed, people in Hardcore tend to play in groups and when they see they're losing a match they quit. I've seen even whole 5 player group leaving a couple of times. I never quit a match even if I'm up against a group of 5 FAL SS users, because I don't really care about leaderboards statistics. But I think ND should implement a monetary penalty system from U2 multiplayer to get around this cowards problem.

Message 9 of 58 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Jan 11, 2012

Lets face it though.

Why is anyone going to stay? I mean. On one side it's completely dishonest.

On another side it's doing what everyone else is doing. so in the event that it's patched they didn't lose ground while everyone else just cheated that aspect.

It's unfair on the people who stay, It's unfair on the people who don't quit. But who actually wants to take unfair when you can simply evade it and justify it?

I honestly think people would have less of a problem staying if it wasn't a case of everyone else doing it and gaining ground over them, as everyone knows Uncharted is somehow full of tryhards who will do anything to keep some stats. That starts a chain reaction which spirals out of control and people end up doing it simply to stay in touch with those who repeatedly have done it.

Message 10 of 58 (36 Views)
0 Likes