Apr 19 2011
By: archangel__razie Hekseville Citizen 299 posts

And What About a Way to Ban Glitchers ND?

7 replies 104 views Edited Apr 19, 2011

Did you took that into consideration while producing the Game? or will we have the same old crap that we did in U2?

Your "Excuse" was that it was your first time in multiplayer online.

i want a way to ban glitchers from the game. a way to report it (sending videos i'm ok with that) and ND Bans them. I'm also OK with a Naughty Dog ID, Like Konami Had In MEtal Gear Online. This Way, they can ban players permanently from their multiplayer. i'm all up for this. (and no we don't have to memorize another password, we just create the ID and Password in ND and the Ps3 memorizes it. no more problems in that affair.)

Please Naughty Dog. DO THIS! It's a Sure way to Take care of This PLAGUE of Cheaters that Try to get fame by publishing their Supposed Acheivements on youtube and launch tuturials on how to do it ... !!!!! i beleive ND doesn't want their newest Adventure being violated by these persons.

best regards

Message 1 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

i agree 100%

Apr 19, 2011

i agree 100%

Message 2 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

hey, i agree 120 % . But u can t really ban people they w...

Apr 19, 2011

hey, i agree 120 % .
But u can t really ban people they will just create another account ...
And when u would ban their ps3 from playing U3 its wired because they ll pay for this game if u know what im saying...

Message 3 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

There are ways to prevent that (not IP, because that's us...

Apr 19, 2011

Auftragskiller8 wrote:

But u can t really ban people they will just create another account ...

There are ways to prevent that (not IP, because that's usually dynamic, the ps3 MAC address is a safer bet).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 4 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

I agree, but EvangM already addressed this in the officia...

Apr 19, 2011

I agree, but EvangM already addressed this in the official thread:

EvangM wrote:

chaosagent wrote:
Are you guys going to add an report option if we see glitchers/cheaters or anything like that?

We will have a lot to say on this in the coming months. Stay tuned. :smileyhappy:

Hopefully that means what I think it means. :smileywink:

Message 5 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

There's this thing that game developers can do for people...

Apr 19, 2011

There's this thing that game developers can do for people who disobey the rules called perma bann....but thats way to over the top.

Message 6 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Being a former glitcher myself, i know that it is wrong....

Apr 19, 2011
Being a former glitcher myself, i know that it is wrong. But denying someone what they paid £40 is too far..

You may not like glitchers but I think a permanent ban is a bit too harsh. A week ban would definitely stop them n my opinion. That way people would not glitch, because thats a whole week without Uncharted. They then have to listen to their friends say how great it is to play.

Also, you cannot ban IPs, people could ust use a proxy/VPN

That said, more action will be taken than what was in Uncharted 2. Permanent bans, I can tell you, will NOT happen.
Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - xxpur3zer0xx
Message 7 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

A glitcher is actively denying everyone else what they pa...

Apr 19, 2011

xxpur3zer0xx wrote:
But denying someone what they paid £40 is too far..

You may not like glitchers but I think a permanent ban is a bit too harsh. 

A glitcher is actively denying everyone else what they paid for, which is a fair game conducted within the Terms of Service. 

As long as there is fair warning, and a report system that makes sense (i.e. cinema files are looked at before banning, so accidental violators aren't banned), glitchers have no excuse.

If ND says "Proven glitchers will receive a permanent ban" on the title screen, how could someone complain for being punished after subsequently glitching? 

I'd be fine with two weeks for a first-time offender. Permanent ban for a second offense. That seems absolutely fair to me.

And a banned glitcher also still has access to the SP campaign, so it's not like they're losing everything they paid for.

Message 8 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes