Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Re: An idea for the UC3 MP, based on another Sony exclusive game

Feb 24, 2012

I think that's a great idea actually.

I really liked Killzone 3, one of my favourite games. I only really played Operations though.

God I hated infiltrators...

Message 10 of 107 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

Feb 24, 2012

http://i44.tinypic.com/20iyw07.jpg

I think that's a good idea!

It was already hard for ND to deal with U2 MP partly due to their team being small, and it got even harder for them with the release of a second MP (U3), and now their team has been split into two because of The Last of Us. So I doubt we'd be seeing a fourth installment of the Uncharted franchise some time soon, which, in the meanwhile, could be the occasion to work on a standalone Uncharted MP as a compensation for the fans, to not put too much pressure on the Uncharted team and to keep the Uncharted series alive on the gaming market until U4.

Just have a look at the Assassin's Creed franchise. Ubisoft filled the gap between AC2 and the upcoming AC3 by releasing ACR, so an Uncharted standalone MP could do the same job for ND and its fans.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 107 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
418 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Love you Shran for the Futurama ref.

I think it's a good idea; increases the player pool, gives us more newbies to shoot and school, and raises awareness from MP-only players that DLC exists (and it should be half-price for the stuff that has already come out, to make it more fair and to get more of them into the DLC maps).

As for Shran's other idea, a stand-alone, I think that's fantastic if we're going to wait two-three years for UC4 as I'm currently expecting thanks to The Last of Us (will the sequel to that be called The Second of the Last of Us?). I'm not sure what else they would add to such a game, but if dedicated servers, more weapons, and more of a return to UC2 is possible, I'd probably pony up the money for it. But I'm not sure there's enough room for a UC3.5 multiplayer in here. And people with previous UC games should get a discount on it too if not much is changed (like no new weapons, maps, skins), which is something I sadly think ND would do now.

Message 12 of 107 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Feb 24, 2012

I wonder if we'll be able to earn Trophies from this... Anyways, when did KZ3 come out? Sometime in Feb 2011 iirc so that's over a year ago so $15 for the MP component of the game is a reasonable price.

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 13 of 107 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Feb 24, 2012

That would actually be really, really fantastic. It's just the type of thing the multiplayer would need to reach more players.

Message 14 of 107 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 24, 2012

I go back and forth on it. If the newcomers encounter the glitches, it could go the wrong way. And to be honest, the players that have legacied a few times should not be able to play these free download players... the newcomers will be absolutely pounded, and it won't be fun for them. I don't see it being favorable for the player pool for the dedicated players, the higher level players that would want this expansion of the player pool may just want to bag easy kills. We were all once new at this game too, remember.

Message 15 of 107 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

Feb 24, 2012

It would also be good if they did this with new maps but on trial basis, say free for a month for example.

Player pool in general needs this... 38 minutes to find one game.. meh.

Just felt like throwing that out there since those pools are absolutely horrid.

Message 16 of 107 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Feb 24, 2012

BEARScubsCHAOS wrote:

I go back and forth on it. If the newcomers encounter the glitches, it could go the wrong way. And to be honest, the players that have legacied a few times should not be able to play these free download players... the newcomers will be absolutely pounded, and it won't be fun for them. I don't see it being favorable for the player pool for the dedicated players, the higher level players that would want this expansion of the player pool may just want to bag easy kills. We were all once new at this game too, remember.

The matchmaking already has a pretty even split between low level and max Legacy players, it's not like the only people on Uncharted 3 are veterans. I don't see a huge issue there.

But I do agree that were this to happen, it would be nice if Naughty Dog finally fixed up the party/matchmaking issues. Seems like it'd be a pretty quick turn-off to a new player, if they discover the game can't even function right at the most basic level.

I will admit, the "player getting left behind" thing did seem improved last night. By that I mean it didn't happen once, and I played for a couple hours in a party (frequently backing out, too). But, I have seen it happen since the patch, so I obviously can't say it's outright fixed. A step in the right direction, maybe.

Message 17 of 107 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Eugenides wrote:

BEARScubsCHAOS wrote:

The matchmaking already has a pretty even split between low level and max Legacy players, it's not like the only people on Uncharted 3 are veterans. I don't see a huge issue there.

But I do agree that were this to happen, it would be nice if Naughty Dog finally fixed up the party/matchmaking issues. Seems like it'd be a pretty quick turn-off to a new player, if they discover the game can't even function right at the most basic level.

I will admit, the "player getting left behind" thing did seem improved last night. By that I mean it didn't happen once, and I played for a couple hours in a party (frequently backing out, too). But, I have seen it happen since the patch, so I obviously can't say it's outright fixed. A step in the right direction, maybe.

why do you guys give this game so little credit, you cant think very highly of the game if you believe that a couple of glitches would be put people off.

I believe that this is an excellent idea, and the game can hold its own against a few glitches.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - miloandtheminors
Message 18 of 107 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Feb 24, 2012

If they do I want a refund for the online pass.

Message 19 of 107 (256 Views)
0 Likes