Jul 17 2012
By: AFO-Medusa First Son 1 posts

Am I the only one who didn't like the ending in U3?

7 replies 321 views Edited Jul 17, 2012

everything leading up to the horse chase was amazing. the graphics were beautiful, the story was epic, and the gameplay was thrilling, and the whole game i was expecting something big to happen in the end, that all the warnings about nate's obsession, about sully's age, and their relationship would lead up to something big. there were clues throughout the game. in U2 elena almost died! it's just, throughout the entire game the focus has been on the relationship of nate and sully, they even added chapters on how they met! elena kept warning nate about drake's plans.... i just think that the story was meant for something more. and what the hell with nate's hallucination with the eclipse??? that should have been real, all that happened only for him to find sully again and get a tweak on the face and everything was back to normal. **bleep**? and in the end they just walked towards the plane, met up with elena, and were carefree again. hm... lame.

and what was the voice nate was hearing when he was in the desert?

where was chloe and cutter in the end? they just forgot about those characters?

how did salim just so happen to be there with the horses in the end?

and what was the meaning of those cards?

it just felt like, the producers were too lazy to give it a proper ending or they just didn't know how to end it. it was a disappointing ending to a truly amazing game. .... just my opinion

Message 1 of 8 (321 Views)
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Re: Am I the only one who didn't like the ending in U3?

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

Nathan himself had taken the persona of Francis Drake's family because he was raised in an orphanage and had nobody. He was lonely. He needed a great purpose in life. He needed to strive for greatness and it starts from small beginnings.

But no... no. That is not true.

In Ubar, Drake drinks from the drug that causes him to confront the Djinns eg. Demons. But not regular demons, no. Not even fire demons, oh no but demons WITHIN himself. He is alone, he's chasing Sully: His father pretty much. He is holding on and realizing that this persona of Drake has no purpose. Because greatness has nothing to do with your origin. It is about what you do with the hand you've been given. And with that, Drake finds his way back. He defeats Talbot through the three core elements (or 4) of Uncharted: Melee, climbing/platforming, shooting (while a setpiece is going on [Ubar breaking]). Sully inspires Drake and Drake shows us his greatest decision: Elena.

The three head back, and Sully's got a similar plane to the the infamous plane that Uncharted is practically known for. The music hits every right spot and one final joke to end the trilogy (even though ND says it isnt, its too perfect of an end for me to not call it a trilogy haha).

That broke the fourth wall for me and made Uncharted 3 my favourite game of all time.

I feel sorry for anyone that did not get this and feel how genious it was. I might be alone, who cares :-). I got it and to me: It was perfectly executed! <3

Looking forward to UC4 and a new .."trilogy" (Yeah, **bleep** straight) on PS4 or hell I'd seriously take one on PS3! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8 (310 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1300 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Uncharted 3 was a very "safe" game as far as story goes.  Nothing really happened that left you lingering uncomfortably.  Nathan's past and real name were barely examined.  The relationship between Elena and Nathan fell at another cliffhanger.  The perfect plot-twists complemented every Nathan Drake calamity and ultimately, no one died.

Although great graphics and setpieces.  But that's what Uncharted 2 was - so I can't really say I was surprised. 

....Maybe just slightly disapointed that they didn't evolve a bit.  But not surprised.

Message 3 of 8 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jul 18, 2012
I loved the story. I almost (ALMOST) cried when Sully died, then when I found out he was still alive I was freaking out.

Throughout the game I kept getting the feeling that Nate is his own worst enemy, like when he's fighting the Djinn or wandering through the desert.
Message 4 of 8 (287 Views)
Wastelander
929 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I loved the story too. I played really badly after that happened with Sully LOL It threw me completely!

Message 5 of 8 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I loved the ending. My only criticism with the last chapters is how quickly Drake goes from finding out what Marlowe's plan is to stopping it, which kind of takes away a sense of danger and urgency. Other than that, everything was pretty much perfect for me.

The stuff with Sully's "death" was executed really well I thought. When they announced that Sully would be the focus of the game, I was worried that would mean he would die at some point. Throughout the game there are hints that he might die, for example when Sully says to Drake "You know one of these days you're gonna have to start carrying your own matches," implying that Sully won't be around forever. His death, for me, was the expected thing. When he was shot I was yelling at the TV "NO! That can't happen!" and I was still emotional, but I predicted it. So when I found out he was alive I thought it was actually a great plot twist. Naughty led me one way only for the story to go the other.

You said "all that happened only for him to find sully again and get a tweak on the face and everything was back to normal", but I didn't think it had gone back to normal. When Sully returned, I still didn't trust him. I don't know how, but I was convinced that Talbot was playing some kind of mind trick on Drake and that it was actually Talbot, not Sully. I know that probably doesn't make much sense, but that's what I thought was going on. There is a brilliant scene later on, where Drake and Sully find Marlowe winching the vessel of brass from the water. Talbot is nowhere in sight, so I was sure Sully was somehow actually Talbot and Drake was still hallucinating. Then Drake and Sully split up and Drake is standing there, looking across wondering where Sully has got to. I was sure that this was the point that Sully/Talbot would betray me. And then Talbot suddenly appears across the pool, exactly where Sully should have been, pointing a gun at me. I was about to start shouting "I was right! I was right!" when Sully leaps out and knocks Talbot's shot off-course. This was probably the best moment in the game for me first time round. Naughty Dog had tricked me perfectly and the entire scene was extremely tense, so I didn't think that everything was back to normal just like that. I think they were hoping people would think the same thing as me.

They then go and end the game with one of the best action scenes in the whole thing. It's a little bit easy, true, but it's a lot of fun and it is an absolutely epic scene that I love to play.

I can see why you might have been disappointed. Maybe Sully should have died, but I'm glad he didn't and I think a happy ending was the way to go, especially since I didn't think a happy ending was coming, so it came as a relief.

I don't think that Naughty Dog were "too lazy to give it a proper ending". They just didn't give it the ending you wanted.

Message 6 of 8 (267 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
47 posts

Jul 19, 2012

cinemaman09 wrote:

I loved the ending. My only criticism with the last chapters is how quickly Drake goes from finding out what Marlowe's plan is to stopping it, which kind of takes away a sense of danger and urgency. Other than that, everything was pretty much perfect for me.

The stuff with Sully's "death" was executed really well I thought. When they announced that Sully would be the focus of the game, I was worried that would mean he would die at some point. Throughout the game there are hints that he might die, for example when Sully says to Drake "You know one of these days you're gonna have to start carrying your own matches," implying that Sully won't be around forever. His death, for me, was the expected thing. When he was shot I was yelling at the TV "NO! That can't happen!" and I was still emotional, but I predicted it. So when I found out he was alive I thought it was actually a great plot twist. Naughty led me one way only for the story to go the other.

You said "all that happened only for him to find sully again and get a tweak on the face and everything was back to normal", but I didn't think it had gone back to normal. When Sully returned, I still didn't trust him. I don't know how, but I was convinced that Talbot was playing some kind of mind trick on Drake and that it was actually Talbot, not Sully. I know that probably doesn't make much sense, but that's what I thought was going on. There is a brilliant scene later on, where Drake and Sully find Marlowe winching the vessel of brass from the water. Talbot is nowhere in sight, so I was sure Sully was somehow actually Talbot and Drake was still hallucinating. Then Drake and Sully split up and Drake is standing there, looking across wondering where Sully has got to. I was sure that this was the point that Sully/Talbot would betray me. And then Talbot suddenly appears across the pool, exactly where Sully should have been, pointing a gun at me. I was about to start shouting "I was right! I was right!" when Sully leaps out and knocks Talbot's shot off-course. This was probably the best moment in the game for me first time round. Naughty Dog had tricked me perfectly and the entire scene was extremely tense, so I didn't think that everything was back to normal just like that. I think they were hoping people would think the same thing as me.

They then go and end the game with one of the best action scenes in the whole thing. It's a little bit easy, true, but it's a lot of fun and it is an absolutely epic scene that I love to play.

I can see why you might have been disappointed. Maybe Sully should have died, but I'm glad he didn't and I think a happy ending was the way to go, especially since I didn't think a happy ending was coming, so it came as a relief.

I don't think that Naughty Dog were "too lazy to give it a proper ending". They just didn't give it the ending you wanted.

I agree with you, I loved the ending as well and I liked how naughty dog had made the hallucinating effect of Nathan drake,It reminded me of batman hallucination when he was affected with scare crow drugs and he had to face his fears to get rid of this hallucination. My only criticism with uncharted 3 is that the final boss battle was very easy, I mean Tablot was very easy to beat in the end of the game even on crushing, I expected a tougher boss than this like lazervich from uncharted 2, other than that the game is awseome and epic and I like it.

Message 7 of 8 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jul 26, 2012

ND jsut rushed the story cz they focused more on Multiplayer 

Message 8 of 8 (201 Views)
0 Likes