Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Re: Allow boosters in the LAB to solve boosting

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zylinderknopf wrote:

Worst idea ever.

Solution: You cannot level up certian boosters (Cloaked, Explosive Expert, etc.) in Team Objective or Plunder.

Yay. Why not just remove the modes then? Let's turn it into something completely horrible: A game that's TDM only.

I play Hardcore, but at least I play TO and Plunder, too.

???

How would my solution turn it into "something horrible". If people cannot level up certain boosters in TO or Plunder, everyone would try to play the game-mode correctly. 

And by the way, I play TO and Plunder, too.

EMPEROR987 wrote:

Zylinderknopf wrote:

Worst idea ever.

Solution: You cannot level up certian boosters (Cloaked, Explosive Expert, etc.) in Team Objective or Plunder.

Sure, screw up people that don't care about TDM, now they'll be forced to play it to level up stuff.

OP's idea is nice, the lab should have boosters, I mean, why not?

I do not have a problem if you could use boosters in lab-games. But it would not really stop people from killfarming. Sure, it was quite easy to level up Cloaked in the Mesh Map, but it is much easier in Plunder.

[SnYp]-Clan
Message 11 of 18 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13774 posts

Sep 7, 2012

pro_odeh wrote:

Team objective and especially plunder are filled with people trying to level up boosters and not playing the objective. If boosters were allowed in the LAB people could level them up without worrying about their stats, and those who suffer at their hand need not worry either. It would be the best solution for everyone!

You are half way to being right.

This is how it should be done, Allow boosters in the LAB. Take away partying from the lab forever. then they will still have to get them fairly, but they wont be getting crap loads of horrible stats for leveling things.

Also the other guy was right that certain boosters shouldn't be able to be leveled in Objectives and Plunder.

Message 12 of 18 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Sep 7, 2012

You need to address the root of the issue.

The Root

Some people boost because leveling boosters is not fun for them - it is a tedious chore which they would like to shortcut.

The Problems

1. Leveling boosters is not fun for these people.

2. These people are abusing Objective and Plunder, causing grief to their teammates.

The Caveats

1. Leveling boosters is fun for other people.

2. Leveling boosters trains people to use the booster.

The Solutions

1. Reduce the grind: Adjust / reduce the number of medals required to level boosters. Make leveling boosters less of a burden for those who don't enjoy it, but still a sufficient exercise to show people how boosters can be used to great effect.

2. Replace the grind: Remove booster leveling altogether. We already have leveling in legacies, why do we need a second leveling mechanism? Instead, create achievements for getting certain medals while wearing the given booster. The people who enjoy leveling boosters are generally the same kind of people who like achievements.

3. Incentivize TDM: Increase (e.g. double) the effectiveness of leveling boosters in TDM. If TDM is the most effective way to level boosters then people will go there to do so without griefing their teammates. In the meantime, those who enjoy Plunder or Objective can still play those modes and level their boosters there, albeit more slowly. But I think they would agree it's better for their games if their teammates weren't just leveling boosters.

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Message 13 of 18 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 7, 2012
I don't know about stopping boosting, but boosters need to be in the lab. I'd love to earn more cash with double negs in the lab, and why the heck are power plays in the lab? Double damage makes me camp even more since the mag 5 is a 1 hit Kill.

Message 14 of 18 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Sep 7, 2012
yeah but you guys... the lab counts for stats....so it's not "ideal" for booster boosting.
Message 15 of 18 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 7, 2012
People will always kill farm objective modes. Whether for stats (some don't know they don't count there lol), cash (cash is miniscule compared to team deathmatch but ok), trophies, and boosters. I don't think OP is right, as boosters want a padded KD, so don't play team deathmatch unless they have full gold boosters in the first place. But I still want booster perks in the lab (double negs all the way!)

Message 16 of 18 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
yeah but you guys... the lab counts for stats....so it's not "ideal" for booster boosting.

Uhm... no it doesn't. 

EvangM wrote:
K/D counts towards your stats card, but not your Leaderboards totals.

Wins/Losses do not count towards either your stats card or Leaderboard totals. (fixed in 1.14)

Thanks,

-EvangM
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Anybody-else-run-into-Lab-glitc...

So if it still does, it's a bug. 

Message 17 of 18 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Sep 8, 2012

pro_odeh wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Uhm... no it doesn't. 

EvangM wrote:
K/D counts towards your stats card, but not your Leaderboards totals.

Wins/Losses do not count towards either your stats card or Leaderboard totals. (fixed in 1.14)

Thanks,

-EvangM
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Anybody-else-run-into-Lab-glitc...

So if it still does, it's a bug. 

Exactly, still counts towards stat card.  I couldn't give two **bleep** about leader boards, K/D is fake on those anyway. 

Message 18 of 18 (92 Views)
0 Likes