Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: All Competitive - Consolidate 10-player modes into a single playlist!

Sep 28, 2012

TDM is not that popular in UC3 MP. You can thank Powerplays for that, lol.

What if ND added Powerplays on purpose to make Objective modes more appealing? Smiley Very Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 41 of 171 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 28, 2012
i'm new...what's the most populated game mode? ffa is my fav (old school quake guy here), but that game mode is barren.
Message 42 of 171 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Sep 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:
3rd voting screen (optional): you vote for a specific Arena mode (Survival, Siege, Gold Rush -regular Arena only-, Marked Man -Shade only-).

I'd rather have this instead of a "All Co-op Modes" playlist tbh... Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 171 (275 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 28, 2012

capn_plasm wrote:
i'm new...what's the most populated game mode? ffa is my fav (old school quake guy here), but that game mode is barren.

I don't know, you have to ask ND for that. Maybe Plunder because so many players are focused trying to level up boosters and whatnot?

TDM was way more popular in UC2 MP, because it was a lot simpler (no Powerplay BS). I see many TDM vets migrating to Objective modes, because they are tired of that BS and camping (which is prevalent in kill-oriented modes).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 44 of 171 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 28, 2012
didn't realize the pp was such a heated issue. I found them interesting, but i'm only rocking an ak no unlocks so...

on topic...do alot of people use matchmaking for co-op? i'd figure most co-op is started through invites.
Message 45 of 171 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Sep 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

What if ND added Powerplays on purpose to make Objective modes more appealing? Smiley Very Happy

Are we even playing the same game? It's super obvious based on matchmaking that TDM is by far the most popular. With TDM I get queued up very quickly compared to Plunder and TO. I can't really say for FFA and 3TDM since I don't play those very often.

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Message 46 of 171 (251 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

capn_plasm wrote:
didn't realize the pp was such a heated issue. I found them interesting, but i'm only rocking an ak no unlocks so...

on topic...do alot of people use matchmaking for co-op? i'd figure most co-op is started through invites.

Ah yeah, we've had many debates and threads about Powerplays. They are interesting at first, but they get a little tiresome after a while.

Some people use matchmaking for Co-op and some others use Custom Game.

Welcome to the forums btw. Smiley Happy

holicow wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Are we even playing the same game? It's super obvious based on matchmaking that TDM is by far the most popular. With TDM I get queued up very quickly compared to Plunder and TO. I can't really say for FFA and 3TDM since I don't play those very often.

I am getting matched against MEX/BRA/KSA guys all the time in TDM, even during the day and with DLC off. What gives? :\

The TDM player pool is certainly not as big as it used to be. Smiley Sad I know I'm not the only one experiencing the dwindling player pool side effects.

Message 47 of 171 (244 Views)
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

capn_plasm wrote:

Ah yeah, we've had many debates and threads about Powerplays. They are interesting at first, but they get a little tiresome after a while.

Some people use matchmaking for Co-op and some others use Custom Game.

Welcome to the forums btw. Smiley Happy

holicow wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

I am getting matched against MEX/BRA/KSA guys all the time in TDM, even during the day and with DLC off. What gives? :\

The TDM player pool is certainly not as big as it used to be. Smiley Sad I know I'm not the only one experiencing the dwindling player pool side effects.

what gives is that your matchmaking is based on rank and not location.  Really can't understand why they'd include the entire world in one player pool and NOT use dedi's.  But that is another entirely beat to death topic.

Message 48 of 171 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 28, 2012

capn_plasm wrote:

what gives is that your matchmaking is based on rank and not location.  Really can't understand why they'd include the entire world in one player pool and NOT use dedi's.  But that is another entirely beat to death topic. 

The matchmaking is currently ping-based for the most part (according to ND at least), but it will become rank-based (or Legacy-based, if you will) with patch 1.15.

Horrible and terrible decision that will possibly kill the game from a lag perspective. Not to mention the exploitability (more Legacy 0 alt leaders -> more noobstomping). Smiley Indifferent They did the same mistake in UC2 MP. I was hoping that they would learn from their mistakes.

Message 49 of 171 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 28, 2012
my understanding is it's always been based on rank or at least since the tournament update. Not sure where i picked that up. I am probably wrong...

Honestly, no matter what ND says, if you're getting matched up w/ people in another country (in TDM, a popular mode) there is no way it's ping based. Perhaps there are tiers for connection types maybe but that's pure speculation, and doesn't justify combining regions player pools.
Message 50 of 171 (221 Views)
0 Likes