Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
729 posts

Re: All Competitive - Consolidate 10-player modes into a single playlist!

Sep 27, 2012
Remove Hardcore and the Lab from the playlist and it would be perfect.
I think hardcore will be replaced by Classic, no?
And the Lab should always be a seperate mode since its unique and shouldnt be included there, imo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 171 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4171 posts

Sep 27, 2012

^My reaction when I seen Tap was the OP.

Anyways, Kudos! I won't even bother leaving a long reply because you've pretty much nailed everything I'd say.

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 171 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Sep 27, 2012
This is an interesting idea that has the one massive benefit of a mostly unified player pool, but loads of minor disadvantages. I like all modes and random selection / voting would suit me fine, but I fear that, like the high rise, there will be game modes that will never see the light of day unless you have a party big enough to influence the vote. Plus if you force people to play modes they don't want to I think that a lot more matches will turn into permanent quit fests ( I personally advocate removing the quit option) that said I think it certainly would be worth a trial to see how people like it. It might take as big a change as this to rescue the game from its downward spiral.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 171 (597 Views)
Sackboy
413 posts

Sep 27, 2012
In theory, I love the idea.

In practice, I have a feeling that most parties and players would prefer Deathmatch varieties, probably in a 4 to 1 ratio. As an objective player, this would bother me, significantly.

I would be in strong favor of "All Competitive - Deathmatch" and "All Competitive - Objective" modes, splitting the two gameplay types, but merging the lists of those gameplay types together.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 171 (577 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Sep 27, 2012

cmj4v13 wrote:
In theory, I love the idea.

In practice, I have a feeling that most parties and players would prefer Deathmatch varieties, probably in a 4 to 1 ratio. As an objective player, this would bother me, significantly.

I would be in strong favor of "All Competitive - Deathmatch" and "All Competitive - Objective" modes, splitting the two gameplay types, but merging the lists of those gameplay types together.

I completely agree with this^. Also, I don't think we need a multiple co op mode playlist.  It's not hard to find 2 other players in the mode you want to play most.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 171 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:
I don't think we need a multiple co op mode playlist.  It's not hard to find 2 other players in the mode you want to play most.

Lag is an issue in Co-op as well (i.e. Armoured SAS guys shooting behind corners/cover).

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 171 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Lag is an issue in Co-op as well (i.e. Armoured SAS guys shooting behind corners/cover).

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

That's true, but I haven't had too much lag troube in co op. And people usually have a strong preference for which co op mode they want to play at a given time. When you've already beaten all adventure maps multiple times, co op adventure gets old fast, and other people only want to play adventure to get their star or just to play all the maps. Beezle made a good point that this would almost definately make quitting a much bigger problem, especially in co op.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 171 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 27, 2012

If you want to accomplish a specific goal (i.e. star, trophy etc.), then Custom Game is the way to go.

Do people quit when Highrise is voted? I haven't seen that much quitting.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 171 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

Finding players in the "All competitive" playlist in U2 was always impossible.
So i don't think it will be a success.
And Btw i want to play tdm but TO wins 6-4.
**bleep** that...i hate TO why do i have to play it?
And also, playing your favourite mode on a hated map is different than playing in a mode you hate.

Don't like map =/= don't like mode.

You also have to consider that 80% of the people would vote TDM because it's the most played playlist in all MP games, so plunder players that are not in parties will most of the times "lose" in the voting section!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 171 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Sep 27, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

If you want to accomplish a specific goal (i.e. star, trophy etc.), then Custom Game is the way to go.

Do people quit when Highrise is voted? I haven't seen that much quitting.

But, not everyone has people to party up with, and I don't think you should be required to to play the mode you want. Highrise is just a map, it's still the mode that whoever is playing it chose to play. Quitting would be more of a problem in co op, because there's no quit penalty and most co op players have a specific mode that they like most. I like your basic idea, I just don't think it needs to apply to co op, and that objective types and deathmatch types should be separate.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 171 (485 Views)