Survivor
2689 posts

Re: All Competitive - Consolidate 10-player modes into a single playlist!

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

like i said in the Q & A, ND should block all the playlists in UC" except the "all competitive" playlist to see how it turns out.
if anything it would be good for the people who still play UC2.
why couldnt ND do this, it wouldnt cost them anything and would only take a few mins.

i also suggested it in the UC2 forum page below and its getting lots of support

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-2-Among-Thieves/simple-way-to-increase-player-pool-...

Message 161 of 171 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 8, 2013

It seems that another developer had the balls to consolidate playlists, even many months after the game was released:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n9956/gears-of-war-3-updated-playlists.htm

No wonder people take Microsoft seriously when it comes to MP gaming. I never had an XBOX, just saying what I've heard from various people.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 162 of 171 (220 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Feb 8, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

It seems that another developer had the balls to consolidate playlists, even many months after the game was released:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n9956/gears-of-war-3-updated-playlists.htm

No wonder people take Microsoft seriously when it comes to MP gaming. I never had an XBOX, just saying what I've heard from various people.

Halo 3 cut off most of the modes when the game was getting laggier, not that I ever noticed.

Bungie had the balls too.

Message 163 of 171 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 9, 2013
How about we just cut out every mode except TDM, Lab, Plunder, co-op, and FFA. Those are the most popular anyway. OBJECTIVES SUUUUUUUUCK. Classic SUUUUUUUUCKS. Hardcore was the WOOOOOORST. 3TDM is decent.
Message 164 of 171 (169 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 9, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
How about we just cut out every mode except TDM, Lab, Plunder, co-op, and FFA. Those are the most popular anyway. OBJECTIVES SUUUUUUUUCK. Classic SUUUUUUUUCKS. Hardcore was the WOOOOOORST. 3TDM is decent.

**bleep**. HC mode is infinitely better than TDM. Cut out FFA and Plunder and make room for it. Those modes are dead because they were the second worst ideas ND had.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 165 of 171 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 9, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

neverbelow wrote:

**bleep**. HC mode is infinitely better than TDM. Cut out FFA and Plunder and make room for it. Those modes are dead because they were the second worst ideas ND had.

I never have a problem finding games on Plunder or FFA.

Message 166 of 171 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Feb 9, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

I kinda would think Objectives is more popular than everything except TDM. No one aims and the whole premise of Objectives is not aiming. It suits everyones playstyle.

Cut out 3TDM too. It's stupid having 3 teams vs each other. Would be fine if the mode was just for fun, But somewhere along the line ND decided it was a great idea to include stats in pure luck modes.

Message 167 of 171 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Personally I don't want to cut out any modes. I want all modes to coexist peacefully in less playlists. That's all.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 168 of 171 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Feb 10, 2013

tap, you may want to edit the OP to mention what would be done with Lab games- some of them, like Mesh Maps would fit into the general 10 player modes, while the current Lab and other 3TDM variants would not. Would this make the Lab worthy of its own separate playlist, or would the Lab games be incorporated to their main corresponding mode for their duration?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 169 of 171 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

Toxic156 wrote:

tap, you may want to edit the OP to mention what would be done with Lab games- some of them, like Mesh Maps would fit into the general 10 player modes, while the current Lab and other 3TDM variants would not. Would this make the Lab worthy of its own separate playlist, or would the Lab games be incorporated to their main corresponding mode for their duration?  

Good point.

3TDM Lab variants should be in the same 3TDM playlist.

Message 170 of 171 (128 Views)
0 Likes