Splicer
42 posts

Re: All Competitive - Consolidate 10-player modes into a single playlist!

Sep 28, 2012
my personal experience w/ dsl has been poor. probably just my location, but i'll never pay money for such poor service.
Message 91 of 171 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

Sep 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Truth be told, Objective modes need some changes treasure-wise:

Players should get treasures when they accomplish the objective (i.e. capturing the idol in Plunder), not through killfarming!

If only Cog read his PMs since August... Smiley Indifferent I have more ideas to fix killfarming for good.

Anyway, I don't think that it's hard to get any treasures, as long as you use Booty Buddy & Treasure Hunter Gold. That and an "Increased rare treasure drop rate" event should do the trick. Smiley Wink

I think it may be too late for a completely new treasure system for objective modes. In terms of what I expect the work demand to be, I think it would require a lot of time focused on just it because it would have to built from the ground up and unlike say the tournament system which just goes off match stats, this would have to be coded into the very gameplay in many diffrerent ways. I don't see it happening simply due to the workload it would require.

Oh but I do agree it should be that way and have made similar posts, I just don't see it as practical at this point.

As for treasures, we obviously don't know how the algorithm works but it seems like for each gametype there is a specific treasure for each person that becomes extremely hard to get. Just as a quick theory I would say that as you get more treasures it actually increases the rarity of the remaining treasures until you just have one very rare treasure left in. I know someone who has played since launch, and after trying for forever, just last month got the last treasure for Lazarevic's FAL-SS. Likewise it seems getting a treasure decreases it's rarity. I'm not sure how this would all be effected if it were in one system, but imagine that same last treasure having the same super high rarity, but instead you have to find it in a pool of 150 treasures, rather than in a pool of 15 treasures.

Message 92 of 171 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 28, 2012

It shouldn't be that hard to write an algorithm that would pop out a treasure near a Plunder chest when you cap the idol. Then all teammates would be able to get that treasure, just like in Co-op. That code already exists in Co-op and with a few modifications they could add it in Competitive Objective modes as well.

I know about this rarity theory. I grinded Hunter for like 3-4 months to get ALL treasures. I still believe that it wouldn't be an issue if I could use Treasure Hunter Gold in Hunter. Competitive treasures (pre-1.13) were relatively easy for me, except Hardcore of course.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 93 of 171 (361 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

Sep 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

It shouldn't be that hard to write an algorithm that would pop out a treasure near a Plunder chest when you cap the idol. Then all teammates would be able to get that treasure, just like in Co-op. That code already exists in Co-op and with a few modifications they could add it in Competitive Objective modes as well.

I know about this rarity theory. I grinded Hunter for like 3-4 months to get ALL treasures. I still believe that it wouldn't be an issue if I could use Treasure Hunter Gold in Hunter. Competitive treasures (pre-1.13) were relatively easy for me, except Hardcore of course.

I see how it could work in Plunder, but having it only drop for scoring would severely limit the amount of treasures you could get. For the system to work it would have to have the chance to drop for things like Protectorates as well as other things, otherwise a deadlocked Plunder would result in no treasures.

Then there comes adding it into TO, where it would be even more complicated. Perhaps a chance to drop every 30 objective points, along with a change to how points are given to individuals (team points for winning would be the same). Capturing Turf zones would have to give 20 points rather than earning points by standing in them, Chain Reaction would have to give 10 points per cap, Marked Man would need to give 20 or 30 points per kill, King of the Hill could give 15 for a cap and then maintain getting points for being inside it, the TDM round could be 10 points a kill, and Treasure Hunter would need to work on a radius system, where you get a point per second if you're team has the idol and you're within a certain distance of it that way people aren't team killing for the idol's 150 points possible.

Then they would also have to decide where they drop when it isn't at a Plunder chest. I think at the objective would be good, so in the center of the Hill/Zone and at the Idol, with MM and TDM round ones staying the same location. The drop would just record how what got you the points that got you the treasure and that would decide where it dropped.

I got reset a few months ago, and although I still need a quite a few more competetive treasures (although I have a lot of the old and new ones and some game modes completely cleared) the system is just weird. Also I'm missing the vast majority of Co-op treasures.

Message 94 of 171 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

Of course it will have success if it's the only playlist available.
But you just can't do that...you just can't.
Every game has it's own playlists separate from each other but you don't want that.
If i want to play 3TDM with my buddy i MUST be able to play that...i don't have to hope it gets voted.

Worst idea i've ever heard in this forums.
That's just my opinion.

Message 95 of 171 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

Sep 28, 2012

BirthBS wrote:

Of course it will have success if it's the only playlist available.
But you just can't do that...you just can't.
Every game has it's own playlists separate from each other but you don't want that.
If i want to play 3TDM with my buddy i MUST be able to play that...i don't have to hope it gets voted.

Worst idea i've ever heard in this forums.
That's just my opinion.

3TDM wouldn't even be included in this, only the ten person modes. 3TDM would still be seperate because it's a six person mode, as would FFA.

Message 96 of 171 (316 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

Ok but i have friends who have 10 plunder captures and 1500/2000 TO points.
They just don't like those modes.
When they go back to school or work and wnat to have just a few TDM matches they must be able to have them and (again) not hoping they gets voted.
I think lot of players will leave the game if it's not 100% sure that they will be able to play the mode they want.
They must adress something to reduce the lag, that's for sure, but this is not the solution.
Even resistance burning skies on psvita ( very few players in the community) have separate modes and you think this will work with a larger community like uncharted?

Message 97 of 171 (313 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

@SKIN

OK, let's see if they could fix Plunder first, which is the worst offender when it comes to killfarming... don't forget that Cog asked for community-driven suggestions 1 month ago, so maybe they do plan to do something about it! Or maybe that was a cheap PR stunt because he doesn't even read his PMs?! Who knows, we'll find out soon.

@Birth

Resistance Burning Skies? What a joke... that's the problem nowadays, developers who make NICHE games with FAR TOO MANY playlists!

Assassin's Creed Revelations also comes to mind. Far too many playlists (half of them are already dead, especially on the DLC maps) and a small player pool. Don't you see the problem in that logic? It's a BROKEN and FLAWED design!

What's the point of having so many dead playlists??? Not every game can have 500k online players like COD!

At the very least they should consider All Competitive DM and All Competitive OBJ. Do something about UC3 MP, before it becomes like UC2 MP! The lag is getting worse every day!

ps: "Worst idea i've ever heard in this forums." Really? If that was true, then this thread wouldn't have gotten so much support through replies and kudos. I truly appreciate replies bumping this thread, even negative ones. Smiley Wink

I realize that this is a radical idea (I always like to think out of the box) and it's certainly not ideal (you cannot please everyone!), but it's better than doing nothing about lag or making yet another dedicated servers thread, which we all know that won't happen anyway.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 98 of 171 (281 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Sad we need stuff like this to make the game playable... it should just be that way from the get go. Good idea tap but even if they reduce lag in this game by a fraction I'm done either way. They've screwed Uncharted 3 up in so many ways and I'm sick of seeing it, talking about it, experiencing it... why on earth would a company this small (and apparently half of the company lacks in talent) split the team up and put all their love into a new title rather than making one, then the other? Why did uncharted have to suffer so much?

idk, doubt this would happen, I'm sure there won't be too many people wanting to play an "all competitive mode" when they just want tdm or something....the voting would be pretty hard too because we all know ND likes to throw the same maps/gametypes at us over and over...and we can only vote for two maps.
Message 99 of 171 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Sep 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

@SKIN

OK, let's see if they could fix Plunder first, which is the worst offender when it comes to killfarming... don't forget that Cog asked for community-driven suggestions 1 month ago, so maybe they do plan to do something about it! Or maybe that was a cheap PR stunt because he doesn't even read his PMs?! Who knows, we'll find out soon.

Almost anything ND has done has been a complete PR stunt.  I know Sony is low on cash now, but why make uncharted milk its gamers?  Unless it was NDs idea to be ultra greedy...

Message 100 of 171 (235 Views)